Bruce Griffy

General User Chat
nunnbt473

Bruce Griffy

Post by nunnbt473 »

What are the odds of one of these guys spawning?

I am told they do still spawn. And do spawn in alt 1. I am told they still have a different icon on the new FE ingame.

I must have killed literally 50 griffy lately and still not seen a bruce. I've even gone so far as tanning their corpse and appraising the armor just incase. No such luck. So what is it like 1 in 255 odds or something???
----------
Just say no to fate cards.

Migam

Re: Bruce Griffy

Post by Migam »

You have to use the legacy graphics to see Bruce. He's the one that looks like Rambo. The newer drakvision graphics have him looking like a normal griffin and you can't tell them apart.
I guess the only other way is that if they actually wear their armor, the Bruce should take 50 less fire/ice damage. Since it shows damage dished out in game, do enough damage to see a difference with Bruce taking less then kill that one. Switching graphics is alot easier though and that's how I scored my Bruce armor long ago.
Starfire: There are two wolves fighting in each man's heart. One is Love, the other is Hate.
Ghost: Which one wins?
Starfire: The one you feed the most.
---Pathfinder

JadeAmber

Post by JadeAmber »

they do more ice damage, so my normal running gear is zero damage from griffy, but for bruce I need to add SNR or sabertooth

also 2x the xp for killing them if I recall

I still swap to legacy graphics

nunnbt473

Post by nunnbt473 »

Ive always gotten around 20-22k from what I've noticed. I suppose its possible the armors appraise the same. Ill try switching to legacy and see how that goes since they rarely hit me when I unhide and I usually go SNR to avoid any ice damage.
----------

JadeAmber

Post by JadeAmber »

Once tanned I have not found a way to tell the difference

nunnbt473

Post by nunnbt473 »

OK finally found a Bruce after all. I didn't pay any attention to new graphics, definitely a difference on the old though. Hardly a need now that I found him. Griffy I could stand there and let him swing all day long, Bruce was proning like every other hit. Not to mention I needed 2 SNRs to deal with his ice damage.

There was no mistaking which one was home. It was like the difference between fighting a mino and a dragon.

Both corpses look the same. Both armors look the same. Both have the same description. Both armors appraise the same (2500). VT griffy corpse zap trader will NOT accept a Bruce.

At a glance, without actually testing, the LS appears to be the same. Good, glowing, silver +3. Did some brief testing in N1, at first I thought the Bruce was hitting a bit harder, but in the end I had to conclude it was dumb luck of timing and switching back and fourth and they are ultimately the same.
----------