Doro is back

General User Chat
Doro

Doro is back

Post by Doro »

Greetings gentle folks,

Much has happened and yet many things have remained the same since I left.

It was super to say hi to many folks yesterday and it will be my pleasure to have long chats with each and everyone of you if you are inclined.

I have been testing the water recently with a character called bonk and many thanks to all those that have helped him.
I have reactivated the Doro account with Mars's help and discovered that I don't remember what half the items in my lockers are for.

I understand that Cob gear can now move to Nork (how rules change eh?) which was previously a bannable offence and so have no way of even knowing which items come from which scenario.

Which items are junk, which items are decoration which ones are rare etc etc - even which items I should be wearing!

Enough about me, how about yourselves?
I know several accounts maybe controlled/run by one or two people, but it is clear that the population has shrunk somewhat since I was last here.
How have you all been, any major landmarks I should note (yes even marriages and children I have to catch up on - huge grats Nev)?

I will be taking quite some time relearning the ropes to Nameless as elsewhere I gain no exp, but other characters may be seen running around Nork driven by my keyboard (bonk etc).

Shoutout if you think I have been ignoring you, I am old and forgetful and while I might forget a name I remember major Drakkar events from way back when and still have images (I think) of them should anyone be interested.

- - - - - -

OH!

I have taken a snapshot of most of my lockers (how many there are!)
Can someone identify the items for me?
I will posted them up on a website for now, but will make it more user friendly later.

- - - - - -

Relearning healer discs/tiers is not easy as I find many of them do not stack - much experimentation required - I don't want to become another aid/agi/PWH robot.
If there is a high level healer who actually uses tiers can they make contact with me so I can relearn the ropes?

ho

Doro

locker images:- www.doroguides.co.uk/drakkar/lockers.html

Wolverine2

Re: Doro is back

Post by Wolverine2 »

I know I've seen 98% of it (80/40 barb). Mind doing a new graphics lockers thing too? I use new graphics so some of it I am just clueless as to what it transfers to but know I've seen it

Doro

Post by Doro »

From the deepest. darkest archives . . .

www.doroguides.co.uk/drakkar/gear/Old2New.htm

& in reverse

www.doroguides.co.uk/drakkar/gear/New2Old.htm

Hover cursor over images.
It was up to date when it was created.

NOTE Tigger's crown!

Doro

Is it me ?

Post by Doro »

I took a trip to NL.

My memory is poor, but while I can run about quite quickly and freely, it feels like I am attacking through a wall of treacle.

Each attack round takes about 4 seconds.

Is this something I need to get used to or am I doing something wrong?

Is this the reason I left before - the sheer agony of waiting a mouse click to have an effect in the game?

And lastly - WHY?

Is the process of the attack/defend mechanics in NL different to elsewhere?
Is this deliberate or an unintended consequence of some other process?

ho

Wolverine2

Post by Wolverine2 »

We have had events where Brad sped up the rounds. It is murder for any new players in SDC1 or NL or Mormar, and it is almost impossible for SDC3. The monsters end up attacking like 4 times in our 1 round, especially if you lag. It is designed this way to prevent insta-death and utter failure. Stick around for the CRAZY NL events and you'll see aha!