old timers

General User Chat
Darm

old timers

Post by Darm »

Just wanted to write a shout out to any old timers that might be lurking.

I never considered myself as one of the "first generation" Drakkar players, I didn't start playing until 1993 and and I played on Classic up through 1996, maybe early 1997, tough to remember that far back. Never played more than a day or two on iEN or whatever it was called.

Anyway, about a month or so ago, I decided to come back.

In case you are wondering, Brad was able to restore my original toons from way back in the day. Account #100xxx. Missing some things, there is a filter process so I didn't really end up with what was then my top end gear, but I came back with a chipper staff on a ment, slicer on paladin etc, so definitely was able to get started back in with things. No, I never had a copy of Kirk's pressscious ring on my account in case any of you really devious people are asking.

It didn't take Brad very long to do this, I ran into him in the game lobby and asked if it was possible. I gave my info and bang it was all setup for several of my accounts.

I came back at 22th exp and 18th skill, which beats starting off fresh. Yes, it's a little bit of haircut from where I was, but it beats starting off as a naked meatbag on Nork-1.

I'm writing this, because like a decade ago I was considering coming back and I remember being told via email that our Classic characters were dust and no longer retrievable. I don't remember who told me that, but obviously it wasn't Brad.

So, anyway, if you're thinking about jumping back in, the water is warm. There are some very friendly folks who are very helpful. I forgot how to walk to Frore from Nork, but things come back pretty quick for the most part. There's tons of new stuff too.

And oh yeah, "Doomtown" is still called "doomtown." What a world.

Cobra

Re: old timers

Post by Cobra »

Welcome back. The early part of the game hasn't changed much, once you get past cob/pit area, it's a whole new ballgame.

The last time you asked about classic transfers, iEN was probably still running the game. I recall the first wave of classic transfers shortly after Brad bought the game back.

Cobra

Atacdad

Post by Atacdad »

Anyway to upload a picture...I've an oldie, a photo of a map of Aleria marked Copyright 1998, Tantalus Inc. It (the map) was probably from early 1998, since I think I quit playing that summer. I found it last week, rolled up in a cardboard tube and lost in the back of the closet.

Valarc

Post by Valarc »

I'm not quite as old of an old-timer, but I'd say I played around 2000-ish or so, so it's been around a decade since I've been around much.

I seem to stop in every couple of years to see what's happening :D

Poldarn

Post by Poldarn »

Valarc - the great NPC of the steel flower.