Returning player needs input on a possible 4 account combo

General User Chat
Gaobob1

Returning player needs input on a possible 4 account combo

Post by Gaobob1 »

Hello there, I stopped playing drakkar about 2 or 3 years ago due to boredom/being stuck at 55. I am now planning to start playing again and have noticed that it is possible to play several accounts on one computer these days. This got me thinking about making my own pocket party instead of just paying for gold+UGH on one account.

So on to the questions:

1. The max amount of group members before exp is cut is 4 right? I will probably play as many accounts as I can without getting the exp cut.

2. What classes are good in todays game? I have a 55/30 MA that I will play for sure, I also have a 25/21 ment on another account that I probably will use. But what would all the knowledgable drakkarians recommend for the other two slots? A healer I assume would be wise but what else? Barb? Pally? F/M? I guess rerolling the ment to a F/M could be an option as well due to the synergy this offers with the MA....

3. Are there any good sites with drakkar info these days? I found Tnems site, which is nice but lacks some in-depth info a returner like me needs. Zands site i also pretty useful. Any other tips?

Thankfull for replies!
//Ape the MA

Poldarn

Re: Returning player needs input on a possible 4 account combo

Post by Poldarn »

Hi,

Apparently group exp doesnt get cut at 4 anymore, im not sure what the actual figure is, but it's above that now unless im mistaken. For that ma, ideally, you'd like a FM for Discerning Eye and group hit buffs, as well as the haste that doesnt cause statloss (from skill 39 mentalist). Healer is also a must, obviously, leaving you with a choice for your fourth slot. Thieves have some nice versatility, offer good DP recovery assistance, and with quirks offer party member's attacks having a chance to be turned into a backstab. FM can do everything a ment can do, except the durations on their buffs are shortened, and they don't offer quite as much directdamage psionically. That's assuming you want to play four different classes, although i personally would ditch the thief and make a second MA. They are just unreal, to put it plainly.

Just my .02

Zulnoth.
(edit: typos)

Gaobob1

Post by Gaobob1 »

Thanks for the feedback Zulnoth.

Yes, the thought of rerolling my ment to a F/M does seem like the best choice but loosing the ment would also slow down leveling/skilling by a fair bit, will see what I will do about that. Perhaps I should get a 5th account! 8)

The theif quirk to turn regular attacks into backstabs sounds really intriguing, how usefull is that really? Any idea on the % chance and how much of a damge boost it really is?

Are barbs and pallys of such limited use these days that it would be better to go with two MAs? Do consider that I do not have access to high-end gear etc so the thought of having a "tank" class is sort of tempting.

Anyone else have any input? Will gladly take any tips and feedback before I start this project.

//Ape

Merlin

Post by Merlin »

I play my own pocket party all the time,

MA, F/M,Healer/Pally - thats the best combo i think but the other classes are just a bonus, ment buffs last longer and are more effective, but the f/m is basically a fighting taxi!

I sometimes play my theif, just because its more fun!

The ideal party is one of each class, then your sorted!

MA's like Zul said are power houses and definitly a must. I love my MA
Elessar: karbeck is a sweety

Darge
Title: The Raging Storm

Post by Darge »

Poldarn wrote: Apparently group exp doesnt get cut at 4 anymore, im not sure what the actual figure is, but it's above that now unless im mistaken.
It still does.
SIN
My father was a wolf, I'm a kinsman of the slain, Sworn to rise again
I will bring salvation, punishment and pain, The hammer of hate is our faith
Power and dominion are taken by the will, By divine right hail and kill

trav: you bad bad girl

Gaobob1

Post by Gaobob1 »

Ok, so after contemplating my options I have decided to go for a MA, F/M, Healer, Pally combo.

One final question, what weapons would be recommended for the pally and F/M respectively?

//Ape

Merlin

Post by Merlin »

I use MACE and LONGSWORD/POLEARM

depends on your preference, i like having a shield on Pally some people dont.
Elessar: karbeck is a sweety

Drewstr

Post by Drewstr »

I love gs on my fm personally. Very nice damage high-end, beltable, and with battlemage quirks the loss of regen from holding a second ammy isn't a big deal.

As far as secondary weapons, I love ls and ma. Not speaking "for" John, but he really seems to enjoy the same. Both have their obvious uses.
Auramancer
That WOLF is up to something SINister.