New Drakkar "class" to be added

General User Chat
flisk
Admin
Admin
Title: King of Drakkar

New Drakkar "class" to be added

Post by flisk »

Yes, after years of the same character race, (you know, City Dweller, Forest Dweller, Mountian Dweller, Outcast, Underground Dweller, and Woodlands Dweller) the Kingdom of Drakkar is happy to announce a new player race.

Well, sortav.

Instead of adding the same sterotypical fantasy game race, Drakkar has decided to allow players to play as the monsters themselves.

How does this work?

To make the "race" fair across the board, players will have a 5th slot added to their account in which this monster race can be crated.

Players will have their choice of sanguin, orc, troll, snake, bear, or ghost to play as. They will start out at level 0 and will have to figure out ways to gain experience. Since there are no cities or towns for the monster players to buy gear from they will have to resort to finding it on the ground. Monster players will be unable to interact with NPC characters within the game, however there is a bonus. As monster players move through dungeons, most other monsters will never attempt to attack them. There is the rare exception, however. Lair monsters will still attack on sight.

As Monster Players progress they will have the ability to grow and learn advanced attack techniques. Once they reach level 25, they will have the ability to form a lair in which to keep the precious goodies they find. This, however, comes with a price. Players in their regular play have the ability to take any item within that lair and during each reset all ground items will be cleared, at which point the Monster Player's lair will reset to 250 gold per hex and 3 random items consisting of a weapon, potion, and gem.

This new feature should be added later today.

-The Drakkar "AlphaFirst" Team.

Darge
Title: The Raging Storm

Re: New Drakkar "class" to be added

Post by Darge »

Ghost is unbalanced! I quit!
SIN
My father was a wolf, I'm a kinsman of the slain, Sworn to rise again
I will bring salvation, punishment and pain, The hammer of hate is our faith
Power and dominion are taken by the will, By divine right hail and kill

trav: you bad bad girl

Tirith
Title: The Raging Darge

Post by Tirith »

You posted it too early lol

GenRalph

Post by GenRalph »

My lair shoud have a max lvl requirement to damage my crit of 30 so the big boys and girls with their pink plate, killers and tiers dont spoil my party. The skill tree on this new class is out of ballance. We should earn improved attacks, psi discs and natural resistances faster than the player class. So say that at lvl 10 we would be similar to a lvl 16 player and at 25 would be like a 40.

Also, this crit is on the opposite side of the war from the player crits, so we should be able to search their corpses. :twisted:
Don't blame the darkness, its only following its nature... instead ask why your light isn't brighter

Glorifel
Connan
Silhouette
Perseus

dragonmage
Title: Arg!

Post by dragonmage »

So last year mars bought drak and this year there are new monster races. Nice. <G>

xaph

Post by xaph »

Aw, I wanted to be a turkey :-(

Nice april 1st though! :-) Gave me a good chuckle.

Did anyone play any fun pranks/jokes yesterday morning?

~ Xaphania x

Mars
Admin
Admin

Post by Mars »

ok, you are a turkey

Poldarn

Post by Poldarn »

damn april fools.

This is a brilliant idea.
Last edited by flisk on Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: language

Migam

Post by Migam »

Though a prank, it inspired yet another email to Brad asking about a new class to be created as well as a 5th slot so players wouldn't need to RR a current slot (doesn't hurt to ask). If a new race in lieu of class <shrug>, hopefully one with nice hidden perks.
Starfire: There are two wolves fighting in each man's heart. One is Love, the other is Hate.
Ghost: Which one wins?
Starfire: The one you feed the most.
---Pathfinder

Wolverine2

Post by Wolverine2 »

It's ironic that I read this dead post 3 years later, and totally believed it at first...then was questioning what happened to it... glad it's april fools day xD