Famous Threads

General User Chat
Stormwind

Famous Threads

Post by Stormwind »

Just a thought, perhaps adding a note of why the person is famous?

A lot of the posts seem more like a popularity listing or a guild listing.

-Stormwind
"Time is the coin of your life. It is the only coin you have, and only you can determine how it will be spent. Be careful lest you let other people spend it for you."

Athena
Title: Goddess aka ROADKILL

Replying to Topic 'Famous Threads'

Post by Athena »

True, and I ammended my posts to reflect why I listed them. And yes, it might seem a popularity or guild listing; however keep in mind a lot of people have their "favorites" because of hunting with them or personally know them. It takes more than how long you played the game or how big your crit is to win a famous vote from me and I think others would tend to agree. With Drakkar being such a small game, I tend to lean towards whether or not said person was a good player and contributed in a positive way to the over-all community. Thats how I see it anyhow. ;)
Last edited by Athena on Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am the Goddess of wisdom, the breath of life...
Protectress of Heroes brave and valorous.

Teh_Cheat

Post by Teh_Cheat »

They all seem shallow and pedantic. :)

On a serious note, I posted three people who I believe to be famous. I haven't played but almost 3 years now so most of the people that everyone else considers famous haven't played or played when I was smaller. But it has become sort of a guild naming thing, one or two names is fine, but when you list off an entire list of the people of a certain class in your guild or your former guild, is franly annoying. I know I only listed guildmates of mine, but I didn't go off on a 'who can have the most people listed' thingy. Yes, thingy.

( Zarn rocks my socks, one of the only top paladins who didn't act like a jerk when you asked him a question as I was growing my little pally )
Last edited by Teh_Cheat on Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SIN

Darge
Title: The Raging Storm

Replying to Topic 'F

Post by Darge »

Yes, shallow AND pedantic.

Hard to measure fame in drak. What defines it? Play time? First to cap your class? Being first to do something? Doing things not thought possible? In a sense, drakkar fame is as varying from person to person as waves in an ocean, even more so across "generations" of players.

Seemingly, the only true fame exists for those who have been 'immortalized' in the game in some form, be it descriptions, hall of champions, or the content itself. So maybe the lists have already been made for us.
Last edited by Darge on Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SIN
My father was a wolf, I'm a kinsman of the slain, Sworn to rise again
I will bring salvation, punishment and pain, The hammer of hate is our faith
Power and dominion are taken by the will, By divine right hail and kill

trav: you bad bad girl

Longbeard

Post by Longbeard »

This "game" as in computer hard drive space with code is nothing if not for memories and emotions, time and energy people bring and spend here. So if you affected some one by your communications, if you are remembered, that makes you into a "Drakkar Landmark" not some grave description put in by game operators in level 2 of Undead Dungeon.
To make it into famous thread you would need some sort of name recognition by a few ppl though, i guess. But i do enjoy when i read names of all sorts of characters, myself.

Longbeard

Post by Longbeard »

And, big thank you to the person that started the famous threads, got ppl posting and forums are almost alive or something <g> BTW!

Darge
Title: The Raging Storm

Post by Darge »

Fame-The state or quality of being widely honored and acclaimed.

I do believe there's a "favorite" thread still around though.
SIN
My father was a wolf, I'm a kinsman of the slain, Sworn to rise again
I will bring salvation, punishment and pain, The hammer of hate is our faith
Power and dominion are taken by the will, By divine right hail and kill

trav: you bad bad girl

Stormwind

Post by Stormwind »

When I thought about it and initially made this post, I went back and amended my own posts, even though I only mentioned 1 or 2 people. I just thought it would be interesting for newer people who didn't know the folks that I knew (Cosmos for example) why he had been remembered. I know another old timer on here mentioned that dreadful sweeping event to me a few months ago. Poor Cosmos :p

-Stormwind
"Time is the coin of your life. It is the only coin you have, and only you can determine how it will be spent. Be careful lest you let other people spend it for you."

Demonaic

Post by Demonaic »

posh, and my infamous thread gets ignored. need the infamous lists too!
it's a fame of sorts i spose :D
-------------------------------------
LadyTrash
aka Frodo
ICQ - 112870456
DZ - ThatCorpse999