Word of caution

General User Chat
Pepma

Word of caution

Post by Pepma »

With the new change brad put in today about right clicking items, comes a few very nasty bugs. One of them being that if you hold an IH in your right hand (weapon hand), and any other item in your offhand (merk amulet for instance). You will "drink" the merk amulet, it gives a message saying like "you don't quite see how to drink that" (atleast thats what i see when I try it). But, it "drinks" the item anyways and poofs it.

So be VERY careful if trying to drink items from your main hand via right clicking. Should also be careful of nearly any right clicking in the mainhand, cause it'll try to do whatever action with the item thats in your left hand. (example: key in mainhand shield in offhand) if you right click the key (which would put it in your sack) it tries to do this action with the shield (which you can't sack shields) so it gives a message you can't put that item in your sack.

Just don't want to see anyone else get gear poofed from this before brad gets a chance to rework it.

-Pep

Darge
Title: The Raging Storm

Replying to Topic 'W

Post by Darge »

While the issue seems to have been mostly fixed in Nameless Land, in UGH/LGH (and maybe elsewhere), this can still happen.
Last edited by Darge on Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SIN
My father was a wolf, I'm a kinsman of the slain, Sworn to rise again
I will bring salvation, punishment and pain, The hammer of hate is our faith
Power and dominion are taken by the will, By divine right hail and kill

trav: you bad bad girl

Athena
Title: Goddess aka ROADKILL

Replying to Topic 'Word of caution'

Post by Athena »

Should also be careful of nearly any right clicking in the mainhand, cause it'll try to do whatever action with the item thats in your left hand.
Yes, I found this out the hard way by accident.

ps
Thanks for the quick response and all your help Mars and Tyr. :)
I am the Goddess of wisdom, the breath of life...
Protectress of Heroes brave and valorous.