Talking Frogs

General User Chat
Darge
Title: The Raging Storm

Talking Frogs

Post by Darge »

I saw an instance of this first, awhile back, but just now managed to screenshot it.

Once again, it seems to be a result of my race being a forest dweller (I see the messages in Mormar-1.) I've seen a few other messages as well "a strange swamp choked yelp" and something about "despair now human!"

Now, if I'm not mistaken, the false Aleria in NL was converted into GDH. Also, this false aleria was "above" Decayed Lands. So what I'm thinking is that somehow there is a layer mistake causing miasmites to shout below their actual layer (related to FG "Z coordinate" issue?)

Any idea brad? I'd love to see this flavor text in the right area hehe.
SIN
My father was a wolf, I'm a kinsman of the slain, Sworn to rise again
I will bring salvation, punishment and pain, The hammer of hate is our faith
Power and dominion are taken by the will, By divine right hail and kill

trav: you bad bad girl

Tyr

Replying to Topic 'Talking Frogs'

Post by Tyr »

Strange text appears in the northwest corner of mormar -1. As far as I am aware it happens on all races, although it is possible the exact phrases vary. It has been this way since GDH was released.

examples include:

the growl of a powerful animal.
the fur being ruffled.
a strange slurping sound.
miasmite: food for the queen's table!
miasmite: join your fellow human's in their madness!
miasmite: none survive the swamp fever!

For the sake of accuracy, there is a space in front of the first 3 messages that doesnt appear when posted here.
Last edited by Tyr on Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Darge
Title: The Raging Storm

Replying to Topic 'Talking Frogs'

Post by Darge »

I assumed it was my race only that could hear it, being that a city dweller guild mate was unable to hear it a few months back. Although, it could be that my racial hearing ability allowed me to hear them more often, assuming that the npc's making these sounds are actually nearby and are still regulated by normal sound distance limitations. Or the npc's could have been too far away by the time my guildmate went to check.
SIN
My father was a wolf, I'm a kinsman of the slain, Sworn to rise again
I will bring salvation, punishment and pain, The hammer of hate is our faith
Power and dominion are taken by the will, By divine right hail and kill

trav: you bad bad girl