Account Creation Music

General User Chat
TangoDown

Account Creation Music

Post by TangoDown »

Well I was in the market for a new locker account and came across http://www.drakkarzone.com/signup/signu ... N_SOURCE=0 .

Now, Im usualy not a fan of Drakkarian styles of music but it brought this to my mind, Is there any way to get this on a download? Since there is a very small if any chance of it being implemented to the games music I could at least play it in the background. I kid you not, Any ideas, post away or if Brad is out there trolling, Make this an option for the game.

-The El formaly known as Tango

Rodri

Replying to Topic 'Account Creation Music'

Post by Rodri »

i think there should be some good music on the game, the music (for me) on this games are important. you could work on that brad. :D

btw, that banner its cool
Last edited by Rodri on Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
|-Rodri-|

Migam

Post by Migam »

Drakkar's in-game music is Midi format. Find any song you like in .mid format and it's not quite Mp3 but workable; don't expect vocals. There are even utlities that allow you to convert other music formats to Midi. I have taken Midi songs I found and changed the name to match the Drakkar names.. was kinda cool.

Dungeon.mid was Sega-Saturn_Duke-Nuke_6044.mid (DukeNukem song)

Fight.mid was GameCube_Mortal-K_Mortal_3136.mid (Mortal Kombat song) or Star_Wars_Duel_Of_The_Fates.mid

Forest.mid was OZZY_OSBOURNE__Over_The_Mountain.mid or The_Mist_Covered_Mountains_(Scottish_Trad).mid

Town.mid was Low_Rider.mid (song by War) or starwar_cantina.mid

My only issue is that when the song ends to restart or song changes, the FE lags. You'll see the mouse pointer change. blink and FE pauses. If you're someplace where this switches often, it gets annoying. I'm guessing the FE is loading the song each time it needs it... if all 4 songs loaded into memory when the FE launched, this might go away (how much memeory can this really take?). This alone would get me to keep Music option on. Might want to make sure FE keeps track of the song based on where in memory each loads instead of assume where it should be based on current music... otherwise, we can't change songs without them being truncated or worse... longer songs overwriting game code)

Now, if Brad made one background song that didn't change (maybe a seperate preference like Background Music) and made it Mp3, that would be nice. Especially since you could swap in your own favorite Mp3. Though please... have it load with the FE into memory.
Last edited by Migam on Wed Aug 30, 2006 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Starfire: There are two wolves fighting in each man's heart. One is Love, the other is Hate.
Ghost: Which one wins?
Starfire: The one you feed the most.
---Pathfinder

Hawk409

Post by Hawk409 »

Tango, check pm's on forum :P
No one lives forever, Infact we all die

-Hawk_____STORM

Dragonslayer

Post by Dragonslayer »

I'm not sure if i should really post it here, but our beloved sysops are free to split it off if they think it's better.
Does someone, somewhere, have a list of all the player names in that banner?
Dragonslayer of PHNX

flisk
Admin
Admin
Title: King of Drakkar

Post by flisk »

I did that banner a couple of years ago, the song you hear is an MP3 that was in the Drakkar2 directory from mpgn days.

Unfortunatly due to a hard drive crash I lost the uncompressed file of that banner, I can extract it into Swish (the program I used to create it) and it will seperate each name out for me, however it also considers each letter it's own distinct shape.

Lesson learned; I back up everything now.

Even small text files that I'll probably never look at again.

(this next part takes the thread off topic (sortav) but does show some other banners I did that also contains some alternative versions of the Drakkar music)

http://kingdomofdrakkar.com/newforums/v ... php?t=5025 (the post dated - 4-30-06 )
Last edited by flisk on Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.