2 months without updates????

General User Chat
Rodri

2 months without updates????

Post by Rodri »

2 months and no game change???? where are the Green Dragon Hatcherys????? pls, add something new to the game, its getting bored!!!!!!!!!!!!!

do something else than stupid quircks, or quirck bugs, add something GOOD and FUN

|-Rodri-|
Last edited by Rodri on Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
|-Rodri-|

Pepma

Replying to Topic '2 months without updates????'

Post by Pepma »

I kinda think quirks are fun myself.

Since you seem to hate NL (from previous comments made by you) as well as quirks, post up some idea's or e-mail them if you don't want to post. Just a thought, to offer idea's rather then just whine about what you don't like. Let him know what you do like.

-Pep

Rodri

Post by Rodri »

no, i dont hate NL, and im not talking only about NL, i said add something. ya quircks are fun, but i want something new on the game, i pay to have fun, i dont have to give ideas for the game everytime i want something. and if i say anything to add, ppl will say "thats like x game"
I like the game, i just want new stuff. Its Not Fair?
|-Rodri-|

Pepma

Post by Pepma »

But how does he know what to add? Of course you don't "have" to give idea's, but if he adds say new nork lairs designed for levels 10-12, is that fun for you? No not really, but if you had sent him a few ideas and givin him something to work with. It could very well be a very uniquely designed new primal lair that just might be fun for you! You never know just how big your small idea could become. Everything in games nowadays is in "x" game for the most part, not many unique original ideas come out anymore. People need to just realize that.

Rodri

Post by Rodri »

he should know, as a game creator, there is always ppl with good ideas, pay someone to do it for him? i know most ideas come from other games, but, if i post that im sure someone will say something, and i dont want this post to fight about that. Im just saying, i pay for the game, and i want some updates, of course, not for lvl 12 playes, i think small players have a lot of fun things to do in nork/aleria and cob. I think we need new stuff for big players, to keep playing, if u are a top player, what can u do? hunt in forge just to get quircks? Been waiting forever for that dragon hatcherys, dont even know whats going on, there is any info about them? when they are coming live? What happend with the new area? At LEAST post what are u working on Brad, give news to ppl, i love the news. I read the forums every monday after reset looking for news and guess what? nothing. Duno what u guys do with ur maxed crits, but i cant do anything more than chat. Also if im not wrong, i heard somethig about PvP area? it was sad when a friend asked me, after 2 months not playing, what was new in drak, and i said nothing more than quirck bugs fixed =/ im wrong?

read:
"Game Changes"
"Get'm while they are hot"
Hot??? they are super cold and old
and look the last update 02/20/2006 Its not realy a update, jus bugs fixed.
Look in "Bugs Fixes Official" last post 11/28/2005"
"Brad's Journal" last post 18/11/2005

Today is 4/13/2006
Last edited by Rodri on Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
|-Rodri-|

Doro

Post by Doro »

I have to agree with Rodri.

I get no feedback form the game ideas I post to Brad so I have stopped sending them - I'm not even sure they are getting through to him.

I pay a lot of RL coin every month (relatively) and get no updates or feedback - even from Brad in forums.

I can only assume we are paying for the upkeep of the current system - we certainly aren't paying for the sysops as they are providing a free service to Brad.

(I am still waiting for all our Cob zoos to be given back to us from yonks ago. That souldn't be beyond the wit of man.)

I ask Brad to provide weekly updates as of now to satisfy his paying customers.
ho

Darge
Title: The Raging Storm

Post by Darge »

ppl will say "thats like x game"
I haven't had that issue yet. Then again forums are so dead, unless I bring up something controversial I get no responses anyway. But still...
18) Will players be able to suggest/ design any quests/hunts, send to brad and hope for them to be implemented?
Half the game is that way
Interview With Brad, Pt. 4

There's your update.
SIN
My father was a wolf, I'm a kinsman of the slain, Sworn to rise again
I will bring salvation, punishment and pain, The hammer of hate is our faith
Power and dominion are taken by the will, By divine right hail and kill

trav: you bad bad girl

Migam

Post by Migam »

I also send ideas to Brad as well as point out bugs in events or questions as to why things are a certain way. And generally, I tell I don't expect a reply. I figure if he's truly receptive to ideas, he'll make a database of suggestions and organize them by feasibility, workability and if players will welcome it. If he's not receptive to ideas, why should I get a false "Great idea, I'll look into it" Email that is point-blank worthless?

As far as forums, why give a damn if someone is going to point out your idea sounds familiar? Let em. Think all games out there are 100% unique and that nothing was ever inspired by another game, concept, genre? You have your opinion, they can express theirs. Brad can decide what to do. Years ago, I had a concept of a trading window where buyer and seller place commodity in "limbo", both item and cash sensed then both must hit Trade for it to take place (back then, many scams happening). Someone claimed it was from blah,blah,blah game and that Brad would likely be too scared to copy it... shot down. Yet I NEVER played or heard of another other game doing that... it was a simple non-game specific idea that occurred to me.

As the link Darge provided shows, Brad did recently point out what's going on with GDH and explained the delays.
Starfire: There are two wolves fighting in each man's heart. One is Love, the other is Hate.
Ghost: Which one wins?
Starfire: The one you feed the most.
---Pathfinder

Pepma

Post by Pepma »

Not to try and be one of those ppl that say "oh thats from another game!" but Everquest does have a trade window like that, you put your item up there, it shows how much coin, you can right click the item to see its stats, what it does, etc. and you both have to hit trade, if you move away or hit cancel the items go back to the person who had it. Works very well, and would have been a good addition to drak years ago.

No, i wasn't implying that ideas from other games are bad, its a good thing in my opinion. Just wanted to share that with ya migam :)

Pep

Migam

Post by Migam »

Originally posted by Pepma

Not to try and be one of those ppl that say "oh thats from another game!" but Everquest does have a trade window like that, you put your item up there, it shows how much coin, you can right click the item to see its stats, what it does, etc. and you both have to hit trade, if you move away or hit cancel the items go back to the person who had it. Works very well, and would have been a good addition to drak years ago.

No, i wasn't implying that ideas from other games are bad, its a good thing in my opinion. Just wanted to share that with ya migam :)

Pep
Hehe, I wasn't addressing you Pepma :D I really have to remember the Quote function.
And now that you mention it, it was EQ that they threw at me,

What I meant to address was Rodri saying:
and if i say anything to add, ppl will say "thats like x game"
You can suggest it, someone can say "Been done" and it can still be awesome and viable.
Starfire: There are two wolves fighting in each man's heart. One is Love, the other is Hate.
Ghost: Which one wins?
Starfire: The one you feed the most.
---Pathfinder

finalwarrior

Post by finalwarrior »

I think I might have been the friend that Rodri was talking about that asked what is new in drakkar. I was bummed out to hear nothing was new in basically 6 months. A lot of people in my guild were gone, that is the only noticable change I see in the lands.

What would make drakkar funner for me? I would love to hunt in any other area besides forge and get exp and skill. Since my guild is mostly MIA I find myself hunting solo. I even wish I could get exp maybe in nork and cob and not be stuck in NL to improve my character. I hate going there to kill something and that exp bar doesn't even budge. It makes me feel very restricted.... and I am. Yeah being abile to exp past lv50 gives people a reason to buy NL but I think most the people that are going to get NL already have it. So That will be my idea for improvement.

oh I think that game you guys are talking about is Super Mario Brothers

Brad
Admin
Admin

Post by Brad »

Yes, GDH is taking way longer than what I wanted. I bit off a bit more than I could chew because of two personal issues that came up. (My mother died in january and my wife is pregnant).

As far as user emailed suggestions, I love them.. I just can't provide instant feedback for them. People post ideas to me and ask me if I like them.. thats like a death trap for me, because even if I like them they have to be studied out. Its why I ask for most of them to be posted here in the forums.

The good news, as I posted, is that I'm gearing GDH more towards the early primal instead of pre primal, so there will be more for the bulk of people to do. I think I'm going to have a "test night" where I let people into the first area and they can give me feedback ont he power of the crits, before I move to finish up the second hunting area.

My biggest shortcoming customer wise is that I dont do the "little" updates like I used to. A lair here, a new discipline there, etc. I need to do more than that.. its just that I gotta get this GDH out the door.

Doro

Post by Doro »

Thanks Brad, that's exaclty the feedback I was looking for

- condolences for your loss :(

- congratulations for your future gain :)
ho

Necron99

Post by Necron99 »

Hmmm....

What area is designed for the "pre-primal" players?

Necron.

Pepma

Post by Pepma »

Nork, Aleria, Cobrahn, Some parts of borderlands..

Tirith
Title: The Raging Darge

Post by Tirith »

as for what you are paying for Doro
Drakkarzone Pricing Plans

That tells you what you are paying for, None of these plans promise updates.

Doro

Post by Doro »

So Brad does bug fixes and updates for free?

I see it as part of my payment plan.
Last edited by Doro on Sun Apr 16, 2006 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
ho