Disarm and HealingTouch

General User Chat
Migam

Disarm and HealingTouch

Post by Migam »

Disarm and HealingTouch both make me wonder. I enjoy being a Pally but some things irk me and no answer has been forthcoming.

Disarm- Is there any other Drak attack that you cannot use unless a target is pre-selected or by typing in the command? I cannot think of any attack, disc, foci, chi that does this (excluding barb zerk which auto-targets and quirks that allow an auto-attack). As I am not familiar with a great many non-pally tiers, I exclude these as well.

Before you respond, think first. Area effect discs, sweep. blindstrike, multstrike are not target specific. Those can be set on a macro button and you just click and attack anything either onhex or beyond depending on the nature of the attack. And yes, you can intentionally pre-select a target by making a macro with one specific crit type (lich, Arun Kaldor). Seems quite a few macros to store I'd think given the number of crits especially in NL/DL.

At this point, disarm is much like Party Join, type or pre-select and macro. Kinda hard to adjust on the fly using a Defensive manuever by a Class that's supposed to be Defensive. And though I realize that typing it in is how it was done long ago, would you really play if you had no mouse? In the more advanced game segments, speed of response is important. Maybe just one minor facet on one Class but disarm is useful.

HealingTouch- I'm not going to comment on going up to 1020 using it.. fine. But the timing seems delayed. I can't place if it only happens at the end of the current round, the start of the next or the end of the next. Just seems too long to wait for it to kick in.

I am not alone on the Disarm question... Defend is targetable... why not Disarm as well?

Edited for typos :|
Last edited by Migam on Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Starfire: There are two wolves fighting in each man's heart. One is Love, the other is Hate.
Ghost: Which one wins?
Starfire: The one you feed the most.
---Pathfinder

PieterPost

Replying to Topic 'Disarm and HealingTouch'

Post by PieterPost »

Not quite an answer to your question, but a suggestion few I know think of (no offense) and which perhaps makes it a little easier to bear.

Rather than making crit-specific macro's for disarm, set up one macro. The macro, of course, is "focus disarm". Assign it to a certain keystroke (I use alt+5 but pretty much anything will do). Do not tick any of the boxes that are not related to the keystroke itself.

You can just hit the keystroke, press space, and type the first three letters of the crit's name to try and disarm it.

<works well for (mass)teleport disciplines too!>

Nemesis

Migam

Post by Migam »

Originally posted by PieterPost

Not quite an answer to your question, but a suggestion few I know think of (no offense) and which perhaps makes it a little easier to bear.

Rather than making crit-specific macro's for disarm, set up one macro. The macro, of course, is "focus disarm". Assign it to a certain keystroke (I use alt+5 but pretty much anything will do). Do not tick any of the boxes that are not related to the keystroke itself.

You can just hit the keystroke, press space, and type the first three letters of the crit's name to try and disarm it.

<works well for (mass)teleport disciplines too!>

Nemesis
None taken.

I did think of that after I posted, would have to do that then spam repeat until actually disarmed and continue. Just hoping I don't need to disarm many different types of crits in a mixed zoo as I get deeper into DL. Maybe this is a non-issue, only the larger pallies can confirm if this is hampering em there.

Better than pre-select but just wondering why this hasn't been addressed better.
Starfire: There are two wolves fighting in each man's heart. One is Love, the other is Hate.
---Pathfinder

Darge
Title: The Raging Storm

Post by Darge »

Disarm in DL is all but phased out. Most crits use either ma skill or are undisarmable. If you are looking for foci based strategy in this area of the segment, you won't find much of it.
SIN
My father was a wolf, I'm a kinsman of the slain, Sworn to rise again
I will bring salvation, punishment and pain, The hammer of hate is our faith
Power and dominion are taken by the will, By divine right hail and kill

trav: you bad bad girl

Migam

Post by Migam »

Originally posted by Darge

Disarm in DL is all but phased out. Most crits use either ma skill or are undisarmable. If you are looking for foci based strategy in this area of the segment, you won't find much of it.
Thanks for the response, that's good (?) to know. This eliminates most of the areas I'll be in. I will switch my disarm macro for the rest.

Still, should fix it.
---Pathfinder