Loot Stealing - Acceptable Now?

General User Chat
Doro

Replying to Topic 'Loot Stealing - Acceptable Now?'

Post by Doro »

Originally posted by Balmxmoe

You could also throw in a picture of one of the sysops with devil horns growing out of their head.
Been there :-

http://www.angelfire.com/rpg/Doro/Dog.gif

(fighting BD, but it struck me as funny).
ho

WabbitMonster

Post by WabbitMonster »

I have myself been reading these concerns about people looting. It seems to me that more and more persons are not being well brought up by larger crits, helping them out and explaining how to hunt in high traffic areas. I myself was taken under the wing of Hugus and helped learn about "fair gameplay". In doing so when i hunt in a high traffic area and i see someone there, i move at least 3 screens from where they are hunting or go to an entirely diff. snenario or area. Being that I have both Barb and PSI users. I also pick up my kills and bring them within a 9 or 6 hex area or just on the hex i am on to cut down on looting problems. This does help alot. But if i am skilling and or trying to get some xp going. Looting up and selling does take out the this is my hex, dont loot it thing, expecially if i have been there for an hour or 3 alone.

Also as for the zerking of a barb dezerking, I think i noticed that when i went into guildhall i lost my zerk from full froth. If i am wrong, then maybe that could be implimented to encumpass helping a barb at full zerk or any zerk. If you cross alts, or go into town limits or UGH/LGH CC or CH have the zerk dispell instantly. And not allow Zerking within town limits. That would help out us barbs and it would also make me happy. I wouldnt mind the dezerking and steping into forest to Zerk up for a hunt.

As for the reading the logs. I honestly thought there was some sort of search criteria that a sysops could do. Didnt know they had to sift thru the logs that bad. If and when i have a problem, I try to give the sysops the time, alt, and party that i am in to narrow down their search. I would think there was some sort of time stamp that would be in the logs for them.

But mainly it really falls back on the total lack of morals of people that they have in life and it carrys over into the game itself. They think oh well its just a game what are they gonna do, nothing. So what if they lock me for 24 hours i can go play something else for a day and be right back where i was.

Hey i got an idea. maybe make the pally jail have guy there and the only way to get out of jail is to have them coin themselves out. Like paying to get out of jail in Monopoly, make the officne fit the crime so to speak. If you loot say 1 meg to get out of jail. If you PK thats a death Make em pay restitution to the person they pk'd, like 10 megs for each person. :D

But its just a thought on that last part. lol

But for the most part it all boils down to the people out in real life just dont care.

Mars
Admin
Admin

Post by Mars »

Just a little clarification on logs here.

Yes, the logs can be searched but this does take time and depending on the log, can take 10 mins or more just to open.
The logs are timestamped, BUT this stamp is Eastern Standard Time (US) and sometimes not exact either, depends on the clock on the server probably. And with players all over the world, and not all able to convert to game time, it makes it hard sometimes to narrow a time down.

And looking up a looting problem is harder when only generalized info is given. i.e. we were hunting in pillars for 6 hours and all our loot is gone. 6 hours is a long time to search through (thousands of lines) and pillars covers a bit of ground (each hex)

I'm not saying we can't/won't do it, but just want you to understand that yes, it can be a large undertaking to track some things down. Killing of other players is much easier to find/track.

Bottom line, yep it comes down to common courtesy. I wish everyone would respect other players, but we are human and sometimes that just doesn't happen.

Crusher

Post by Crusher »

Wabbit, you're not looking at it from true barb's pov. Staying Zerked is what barbs are suppose to do. Dezerking is fine, but when you try to loot an area while zerked, it gets hard. Not to mention, if you're zerked and not attacking, you will die MUCH easier. This is where barbs run into a problem. Either loot their hunting area every few minutes while dezerking/rezerking/keeping zerk, making succors and my grand favorite, accidently PK'ing someone because they sit afk at the IH seller. OR 1/10 risk someone taking your loot.

In all, you lose 5-10 minutes of killing every 30 minutes because you have to dezerk, rezerk, hug the guy you targeted, make twigs while hugging the guy you just targetted, put money in the bank while targetting the bank seller, searching Multiple times on a corpse because you end up OOC'ing while searching, and critcuring the guy you just accidently pk'd. Fix con because you just died because of the "Sack is full" popup and your barb wouldn't drink while zerked.
You'll never win... PLEAD INSANITY!

Mihey

Replying to Topic 'L

Post by Mihey »

Problems?
- thieves hiding; players looting because thieves are not visible, they pop out and let the swearing commence
- barbs can't really loot while zerked; so eventually loot piles up and players happily clean it up under the barb's nose
- parties. One joins, kills some, leaves, loots all he can and bye bye

Got a problem? Eliminate the object of the problem... eliminate LOOT altogether.

No more drops!

Ok, seriously now, let the loot stay on corpses, that are tied to the killer. The looter can then decide to free the loot up or put it into his bags; he would take coins and gems, free up the junk that would pile up on floor.

Of course, corpses should last significantly longer.

Also, you could rescale the amount of loot down, along with the costs, as well as reducing drop rate of valuables. Rescale everything down or you'll end up with BILLIONS at higher level segments. *shrug*

Just passing through. Bye bye!
Last edited by Mihey on Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mihey__PHNX