Patterns

General User Chat
RyKnow

Patterns

Post by RyKnow »

Has anyone been seeing the same thing that i have? Maby everyone is talking about this, but people are leaving Drak, and i have been seeing many posts of people saying 'good-bye' and 'Cya all later'.

Maby its time for a change? Maby we should start thinking about what got us hooked in the beginning and compaire it to what its like now.

Maby we can convinse Brad to change something up... a new lair, a new event, a new land (like NL) whatever it may be. To myself - its almost the same game. I havent gone to NL, i stay in Cob and Nork and hunt around. The gear requirements were a hard obsticle at first, but i got over it. But i dont think thats the problem.

Maby you all have suggestions of what the problems are? What should be changed? What new things should be added?

Gothmog
Title: Robbin ya since 1982

Replying to Topic 'Patterns'

Post by Gothmog »

Make it all free that would make people stay.
people love free stuff look at IEN there were lots of people
Endorphin____MYTH
You feel like you have been discovered!
You do not have the element of surprise!
You must have a weapon in your hand to backstab!
The mark avoids you!
You can not find good shadow!
The story of my life hehehehe.

Doro

Post by Doro »

I am sure it happens in all games, the initial excitement gives way to the hard core gaming side, the comes the friendships you build up. This game would be nothing but for the hillarious <sp?> chats I have with various folks in the game.

Skill 30 was a target of mine, once achieved (after many years) I sort of lost interest for a while, then exp 50, now exp 55.

An element of tedium inevitably sets in.

BUT

Once I get bored I twiddle my grey cells and produce fun stuff like this:-

http://www.angelfire.com/rpg/Doro/Nork.zip
(copy it to your harddrive and unzip the exe, then double click the exe)

Enjoy

Want more of a challenge?

http://www.angelfire.com/rpg/Doro/Nork1.zip
Last edited by Doro on Sat May 07, 2005 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
ho

Mars
Admin
Admin

Post by Mars »

Originally posted by Gothmog

Make it all free that would make people stay.
people love free stuff look at IEN there were lots of people
While this is certainly an idea, I have to ask: "Where would the money to pay for the servers, power, ect come from"
You have to remember, on IEN it was free because they had income from other sources which allowed them to "give" this away. Those options are just not available here.

RyKnow

Post by RyKnow »

Im not saying things should be free. All im saying is that when i get things changed around on me.... its kinda a pain. I love drakkar and i dont mind paying for it, but when things get worse and worse.... it makes me wonder.

Thats why i said that maby adding something like a lair... maby a land... something to spice things up a bit.

Pepma

Post by Pepma »

Have you been to NL? Have you defeated all the lairs and such there?

PieterPost

Post by PieterPost »

This wasn't about him leaving for lack of content. What seems to bother him is OTHER people leaving.. people who have in fact been to NL. We see it every day. I haven't nearly completed NL yet either but it bugs me nonetheless.

Nemesis