Levelling from 17 to 18

General User Chat
ZhouYu
Title: Paladin of AWESOME

Levelling from 17 to 18

Post by ZhouYu »

As some of you know, I'm going to be returning to Drakkar fairly soon. My paladin is currently 17/14, and I have been hunting in click caves for quite a while now.

Is there someplace else you'd suggest?

In fact, since some of you may remember 17/14, I'd like to know your memories when you were that level and so close to Cobrahn, and to when you finally got level 18.

I have FP, FG hally, dancers, a +20 or so hit helm, rat sash, vamps, pretty good atk/def rings, fire, acid, lightning, etc resist necklace/bracers, and a variety of robes/cloaks (enmiss, 2 BNRs, etc. No SNR, though). I've got about 530 or 540 hits w/o the hit helm.

I'm thinking of perhaps going to DT to level. Is there any other place you would suggest?
The music I want to hear is once again, whispered in my ear.

Izlude

Replying to Topic 'Levelling from 17 to 18'

Post by Izlude »

uh, anywhere that seems fun?
If all else fails.... PLEAD INSANITY!

ZhouYu

Post by ZhouYu »

Yeah, that's what I figured.

Also, because I forgot to put it in my original post: /huggles for all!

Astra

Post by Astra »

I think from about level 13 upwards me and a small group of friends (squibit, tooey, beast) worked together in aleria partying to get our crits up. I remember at one point taking my healer out to the iceplains with a lightning hammer (didn't have enough ep/ regen to cast lightning lots) and killing sanquins with that. Although this was along time ago heh. My most recent additions to cobrahn werent as fun as the healer. i think on my paladin i used ec bracers and my barbarian broke sq eyes, but then again both of those were awhile ago too :)

KuPo

Post by KuPo »

I used a Tarak Blast Hammer and went down to N-6 and just attacked 1 thing, everything around it gets damaged also. Walls blow up, brings more crits in. Mace wasn't my main skill either, believe I was only skill 5 and was able to hit. :zzz

max|pic

Post by max|pic »

you can either buy a pair of ec bracers and ec the caves
attack crits in alerian ice flows
ask a healer buddy to pwd km-4 for u
n-7 isnt bad exp for htat lvl if i remember right
if u know a ment u can either go to yeti+1 and exp or alerian caves
after that im fresh out of ideas

if u want to just solo i suggest killing sanquins or killing in thumperville

ZhouYu

Post by ZhouYu »

Originally posted by KuPo

I used a Tarak Blast Hammer and went down to N-6 and just attacked 1 thing, everything around it gets damaged also. Walls blow up, brings more crits in. Mace wasn't my main skill either, believe I was only skill 5 and was able to hit. :zzz
You know, I've always wanted one of those, just to be able to massacre stuff...

I really should've made a barb rather than a pally :D
Originally posted by max|pic

attack crits in alerian ice flows
I'll try that.
ask a healer buddy to pwd km-4 for u
"I don't want to be a bother..." Besides, there are... other reasons why I wouldn't be able to get a healer buddy to go (mainly because I don't think I have any healer buddies that would :p)
n-7 isnt bad exp for htat lvl if i remember right
I went there a couple times before (aside from getting my dancers) around 14, and I died once and barely survived another time. The third time, a nice fellow who was killing near the stairs asked me if I needed GD scales. I said yes, and he let me get them. But I might try that now that I've got FP, dancers, BNRs, 3 more skill, etc etc etc.
after that im fresh out of ideas
You've already been a bit help, in more ways than one.
if u want to just solo i suggest killing sanquins or killing in thumperville
I don't think I've been to thumperville yet, didn't know I could go there yet. Thanks for the info, I'll try those places and see if that helps.
Last edited by ZhouYu on Wed May 04, 2005 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shaddai

Post by Shaddai »

Got my MA over the hump with a couple EC bracers, went to caves NW of Aleria town and killed the zoos there. Got about 1-3 meg per run, took a couple days to get to 18 from around 17.5.

Bracers cost me 5m each to get enchanted the first time, 1 or 2 to refill them if you can manage to not disintigrate them by using the last charge. Think they hold 300ish charges when full, if you sense them one of the two "good condition" descriptions will change. Least thats what I heard, I kind of guessed when they were getting low. Getting any class to 18 that has no area attacks is always a pain.

I wouldn't rush it though, unless you have someone waiting in CoB to gear you up, getting to CoB at 18/15 with only nork gear is painful.

ZhouYu

Post by ZhouYu »

Originally posted by Shaddai

Got my MA over the hump with a couple EC bracers, went to caves NW of Aleria town and killed the zoos there. Got about 1-3 meg per run, took a couple days to get to 18 from around 17.5.

Bracers cost me 5m each to get enchanted the first time, 1 or 2 to refill them if you can manage to not disintigrate them by using the last charge. Think they hold 300ish charges when full, if you sense them one of the two "good condition" descriptions will change. Least thats what I heard, I kind of guessed when they were getting low. Getting any class to 18 that has no area attacks is always a pain.

I wouldn't rush it though, unless you have someone waiting in CoB to gear you up, getting to CoB at 18/15 with only nork gear is painful.
Yeah, I know.

Thanks for the info on the price of EC bracers and the time and place. I think I might try to save up for that.

Pipes87

Post by Pipes87 »

what ever you do, make sure you quit exactly 1k before you would level and go back to n-1 and get that final 1k there...it's good luck
~Idun_____FATE