Acceptable & Allowable game bugs

General User Chat
Yeti

Replying to Topic 'Acceptable & Allowable game bugs'

Post by Yeti »

only reason i did it was to make reveal last significantly longer. At skill 15 thief reveal normall lasts what, 3 rounds?

skill psi up to 12 or more <only a few hours of work> and incorporate an ep slith or a ep helm into your normal gear, and your reveal is lasting 15+ rounds. Definately doesnt suck. Especially since my thief was basically used for reveal to find my dp and to find akr lying around nl

-Yeti
If Practice makes perfect, and nobody's perfect, then why practice?
If ignorance is bliss, why aren’t more people happy?
What are those little things on the end of your shoelaces called?
and finally...

If money is the root of all evil then how come churches ask for it?

Roland

Post by Roland »

Heh, just found 1 good reason to lvl up ment/healer on a thiefy...so when you wear NL +hps/+eps bracers, your IV/Darkness/Respirate/Reveal use your eps...needless to say my ment/healer skill is only at 4..so they suck, compared to when I cast them thru hps at skill 30 thievery. But on the other hand, just goes to show how it is a bug. There's no way my thiefy can wear +hps/+eps bracers at all, unless he does skill up his ment/healer skills, cause in NL, he gets +10 eps regen per round, wearing no gear that gives him eps regen, cause of natural regen...meaning there's no way he can wear +hps/+eps bracers and have 0 eps all the time, so his spells are casted using hps. So...needless to say...if you are a thiefy and plan on wearing +hps/+eps bracers, you HAVE to skill up ment/healer, so your spells last more than 3-5 rnds, unless you wanna take your bracers off all the time, before you cast.
SirRoland,
Follower of The Old Code
"Call what you need of me. Ask what you will of me. My sword, my service are yours !"

Merlin

Post by Merlin »

even if you are wearing ep gear and you have 0 ep it still will not cast through your HP's, game just see's it as you having no ep and wont cast.

*Merlz*
Elessar: karbeck is a sweety

Darge
Title: The Raging Storm

Post by Darge »

yep, a decent reason for a theif with 50/50 bracers, 100/100, 125/125, etc. bracers to wear some form of ep regen ammy. Durgon ammy provides the regen needed and looks decent for those fashionably inclined
SIN
My father was a wolf, I'm a kinsman of the slain, Sworn to rise again
I will bring salvation, punishment and pain, The hammer of hate is our faith
Power and dominion are taken by the will, By divine right hail and kill

trav: you bad bad girl

Ztinktoof

Post by Ztinktoof »

landlubber got the definitions correct. Bug? Exploit? It does not matter. In both cases, you STOP what you are doing and report it.

Merlin, Dornar burning was an exploit, not a bug. >smile< But I guess the susceptibility of Dornar critters to fire could have been a coding error. >shrugs<

But at least I promptly reported it in the appropriate forum. When something appears to be too good to be true, do you do the same?
Ztinktoof
Drakkars Moral Standard
Avatar (C) WIlliam Li: http://elfwood.lysator.liu.se/loth/w/i/william/
KaM Guild Website: http://mywebpages.comcast.net/ctanzio/kam.html

ZhouYu
Title: Paladin of AWESOME

Post by ZhouYu »

The way I learned it was this:

A bug would be, say, something that benefits a player so little (or not at all) that it's not worth doing many times, just enough to report it and say that it is repeatable, so it can be fixed. Or, perhaps, doing it because it's "neat", but doesn't serve a real purpose. Like bringing cob leather to Nork.

An exploit is when a bug way overpowers characters so much, that several people start using this bug on purpose over and over again. Or it's useful enough that people use it all the time. If the holding the UZI thing was a bug, it would be an exploit.

Well, think about this, in regards to #5. You know that there's an expert swordsman that will kill you if you go around the corner where he can see you, so you blast him without him being able to see you. He dies in the flames that result.

All this happened using bottles of liquor with a flaming rag (or whatever the heck they use), in a real life situation. Was the person exploiting real life? It's just people being smart, and figuring out ways to kill stuff so they don't die, and it makes sense to not 'fix it', as there's nothing to fix.

Remember: aside from the psionics and the orcs and the giants and all that, Drakkar is set in a relatively realistic world. See DND Dugeon Master's Guide for more details.
The music I want to hear is once again, whispered in my ear.

Gothmog
Title: Robbin ya since 1982

Post by Gothmog »

no one mentioned two bugs that i dont think have yet to be fixed. I admit it I did it back on ien to test it, but could be pretty nasty.
the get back to mjorin fully geared bug, and the mjorin major to nork bug. yeah thats ol school baby.
Endorphin____MYTH
You feel like you have been discovered!
You do not have the element of surprise!
You must have a weapon in your hand to backstab!
The mark avoids you!
You can not find good shadow!
The story of my life hehehehe.