Healer Guide

General User Chat
Eva

Healer Guide

Post by Eva »

I'm looking for a healer guide. having no money i couldn't re-activate my old account so i made a new free one. Well i decided to make a healer. And I think i'm starting to like it. I also heard drakkar has a short of healers. My stats are pretty good 18 wis, 17 will. my only kinda bad stat is intel at 14. I don't plan to re-roll in the future cause i already rolled that slot like 7 times :P

right now i'm lvl 8 with 6 in healing and 6 in mace. yes i decided to have my weapon be mace instead of the traditional staff. if anyone has some really good arguments against mace let me know.

I'm just looking for some advice on how to be a good effective healer

Anarion

Replying to Topic 'Healer Guide'

Post by Anarion »

I haven't played much on a healer, but i can speculate on why most healers choose a staff. It is because there are staffs that benefit healers (i.e. slith and lori). I also believe that staffs have better blocking than mace.

Rasker

Replying to Topic 'H

Post by Rasker »

Rolling the highest possible Int is a must for any psi user, I've heard from reputable sources. High int helps get the highest possible rolls for more eps on each rest. For that reason, you might want to reroll the healer for higher int. OTOH, you can always pay for more ep pots in nork up to 250, and grub the psi tower in cob up to 450, it's just more coin and work, is all.

The Will stat isnt as important for stun resistance once you get the stunprot disc, until then, you can probably get by with twigs bought in maeling. High wisdom does allow higher damage from offensive spells, I've heard, so keep that hiigh if you decide to reroll.
Last edited by Rasker on Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yeti

Post by Yeti »

WIS affects healer ep rests, not int

and mace is a wonderful choice for healer weapon, especially as you get closer to the end of the game

staff really doesnt block that much better than mace, and when it gets down to it in the end, mace is more useful :D

-Yeti
If Practice makes perfect, and nobody's perfect, then why practice?
If ignorance is bliss, why aren’t more people happy?
What are those little things on the end of your shoelaces called?
and finally...

If money is the root of all evil then how come churches ask for it?

Doro

Post by Doro »

ho hum,

Have you wondered WHY there are not so many high end healers?
Perhaps they get to a certain stage and find no enjoyment to the game?

I think it really depends on what your long term goals are.
Being on a free account will prevent you going to the "end game" in NL
(this could be a blessing or a curse), of course there is nothing preventing you from converting your account to the paid-up version later,

BUT

I am sure you could make 50/30 in Nork if you put the time and effort in.

There will be times when you love your healer and equally times when you think a healer sucks, these will pass.

The weapon choice is interesting - have you considered going evil (when you are big enough)?

My number one mace comes from a pay scenario (Aleria), but I will look forward to watching your progress.

Diversity rules OK. I love to see different classes weilding different weapons. One day someone will stumble upon the ultimate combination.
ho

Eva

Post by Eva »

yes diversity does rule thats the main reason i decided to go with mace. got tired of looking at all the swords, hallys, and staffs :P

If i'm defantly going to go pay eventually.

If i do i guess i'll just leave my MA behind, shame i just got to cob. maybe i'll sell that account.....oh wait did i just say that, that could have been me.... calm down brad j/k :P