Thanksgiving Event

General User Chat
djcruella

Thanksgiving Event

Post by djcruella »

:p
Well, here we are more than a week past the "Thanksgiving Event" and I haven't seen one single forum post about how it went. Also, during the thanksgiving weekend, I didn't see any lobby conversation about it either. Most of the folks I spoke to didn't even bother attending the event. I missed most of it - but did spend about 90 mins trying to shoot/find a turkey (although I did like shooting the blunderbuss) and never saw one. Therefore I never got anything more than Samoset's corn. I guess I can use it for barb feed. So was this event worthwhile or was it a "turkey"?

Talandar

Replying to Topic 'Thanksgiving Event'

Post by Talandar »

+2 charisma amulet...very handy for small players...not sure on purpose for biger players..

Turkeys were farmed tho..(i rejoined drakkar few hours before event ended) so..luckily no one was farming :)

Yeti

Post by Yeti »

i didnt attend cuz i dont need a +2 char ammy, and dont need to compete with the people that do want/need the ammy. I was very happy the first time i attended the thanksgiving event, being able to have a full +6 char adds was handy.

So, as tal said, it is good for smaller players and pretty worthless for larger players, which isnt really a bad thing.

-Yeti
If Practice makes perfect, and nobody's perfect, then why practice?
If ignorance is bliss, why aren’t more people happy?
What are those little things on the end of your shoelaces called?
and finally...

If money is the root of all evil then how come churches ask for it?

Morgar

Post by Morgar »

Originally posted by djcruella
So was this event worthwhile or was it a "turkey"?
A definite turkey. I spent less than an hour on a single crit before I gave up on the event entirely. This makes two events in a row for which there was no benefit for any crit I run. The halloween and thanksgiving. Yeah I know they had zombies and I killed enough to collect 5 majors and a yp, but killing zombies got old real quick and I wasn't about to kill thousands of zombies on the off chance that one of them MIGHT drop moonies.

This will probably fall onto deaf ears, I've said it before and its been ignored before, but I'll keep trying til someone at Drak responds. But the events need to be tailored to EVERYONE from the little crits, to the midlevel crits, to the Uber Crits with something for each range. EVERY crit I own has maxxed or overmaxxed Nork stats. So the candy was useless, I have char ammys for every crit, so killing turkeys was old hat and not worth the effort.

So yeah, thanksgiving was a bust in my book.

Useful Drakkar files for Heros and Cowards: http://www.northernwebs.com/drakkar

Concertor

Post by Concertor »

i find the chr ammy very nice fit with my my 2 +2 chr ammys :)

it is a good for smaller players that have 18 chr (with adds 24 chr :) ) but not sure if it affects how much it cost for gold max hps, if does affect that then ur set :)

Tristram

Post by Tristram »

Concertor, I hope you got a dozen of those charisma ammys, you need several wrapped around each appendage to do you any good. My contact with you was the only negative that I experienced in the event.

The lucky corn was nice.....I got all my crits to 18 now :)

Each crit got an ammy, thanks to the co-op that was in place. The turkeys would have flown away before any of my secondary crits could have brought one down. I thought the cooperation was excellent. I got to meet a lot of you that I have never seen before. I thought the way everybody got along and took turns was fantastic !! I hope that it's OK, late in the event when there was no competition for the turkeys, I took an extra one for feathers for my hally. :)

I enjoyed the event. THANK YOU !!

Tristram
Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal....Henry Ford

djcruella

Post by djcruella »

Originally posted by Talandar

+2 charisma amulet...very handy for small players...not sure on purpose for biger players..

Turkeys were farmed tho..(i rejoined drakkar few hours before event ended) so..luckily no one was farming :)
Actually any charisma adds come in handy later in the game as well, not just for level 13 HP doc. :)