New Guilds!

General User Chat
Brad
Admin
Admin

New Guilds!

Post by Brad »

In order to accomodate new guild creation, and to clean up abandoned guilds, we are considering the following policy.

1) Guild must now have a minimum of four paying accounts
2) Guilds must maintain 2 active officers
3) Guild cleanup will be done on the 1st of each month, with guilds not meeting the
current criteria flagged as such, and those not meeting the criteria for 60 days will be
removed.
4) An account will only "count as a pay account" for the guild in which the first tagged character is a member. What this means is, if your in two guilds, the first character slot ( 1 through 4 ) that has a tagged guild is the one that gets counted towards the minimum requirement.
5) The minimums will apply to existing guilds, but they will receive an initial 60 day grace period before they are tested for minimum requirements.

--
Given this, we will finally be able to implement new guild creation!!

Please DO NOT email us yet, we will post when we are ready to begin the process.
Last edited by Brad on Wed Oct 27, 2004 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Memnoch

Replying to Topic 'New Guilds!'

Post by Memnoch »

I SHOT GUN PWN guild!! ITS MINE! all time/date trademarks are on it. pm me for applicants.
"It is white."
- George W. Bush, when asked what the White house was like by a student in East London

Stormwind

Post by Stormwind »

Not sure how far you've gotten into this guild thing yet.

But what the heck I'll ask...

Any improvements to guilds other than just creating/managing them?

Thanks,

Stormwind
"Time is the coin of your life. It is the only coin you have, and only you can determine how it will be spent. Be careful lest you let other people spend it for you."

Dragonslayer

Post by Dragonslayer »

Great news!
Dragonslayer of PHNX

Concertor

Post by Concertor »

hurray :)

Darge
Title: The Raging Storm

Post by Darge »

this is horrible news ladies and gentlemen, with the new criteria, it seems YoD will be removed :hoho
SIN
My father was a wolf, I'm a kinsman of the slain, Sworn to rise again
I will bring salvation, punishment and pain, The hammer of hate is our faith
Power and dominion are taken by the will, By divine right hail and kill

trav: you bad bad girl

ZhouYu
Title: Paladin of AWESOME

Post by ZhouYu »

::sigh:: so it seems, so it seems... (I haven't seen a whole lot of members of many guilds on lately... then again, I've been spending most of my time twigging between GH and my favorite hunting spots, so... I really shouldn't talk about not seeing people ;) )

Does MoY have many active officers/members anymore?
Last edited by ZhouYu on Thu Oct 28, 2004 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The music I want to hear is once again, whispered in my ear.

Mihey

Post by Mihey »

This is good news; but I see a problem.

What if one or more officers leave guild right before it is checked for critterias? Would it get disbanded, then?
Mihey__PHNX

Morgar

Post by Morgar »

Originally posted by ZhouYu
Does MoY have many active officers/members anymore?
MoY is quite active, and while we might not be the largest guild, we have a pretty respectable size to our membership. That you don't see a lot of us around is due mainly to so many members off in cob or NL. :)

If you want to find someone in moy, come to IRC, channel #moy.

- Morgar

Useful Drakkar files for Heros and Cowards: http://www.northernwebs.com/drakkar

Longbeard

Post by Longbeard »

Well, i think this is a good move because there will be new guilds.

I also think it is a bad move because real old and musty guild tags when suddenly they appear are GREAT sight and i would pay a few meg in gold coin to see them.

What i think Brad is talking is GH issue. All old guilds have GH of their own, while newer guilds created on IEN all have to share some sort of communal GH where one can meet not tagged players.

The way to keep old tags (which i am all for) would be to transfer all inactive guilds into that communal GH and close their own GH.

Guild membership should be just 2 total accounts that pay, you should also require them to pay for basic GH in order to maintain Guild distinctly.

Guilds' owned Guild halls should have priveledges from one that is used by untagged characters or randomly logging in characters from ancient guilds.

I would like a GH alley to be constructed in game where each active guild would have its own gate.
Within GH there should be a "Guild Log" kept that would tell any one interested who joined guild when, tagged by who. Who is tagger from when, as well as list of all members, guild log should be not possible to clear, only add to and only by Guild leader.
Entries in the log can also be like "Liar defeated" and "Quest Completed" as in Such and such became CC member. Or "such and such made journey to Land of Aleria for 1st time on 00/00/00" can be appended to character log within the main log. Should not be very hard. Because only so few things can actually be mentioned, it should be made Player managed, and GL approved.

Mars
Admin
Admin

Post by Mars »

Actually guild tagging and guild halls are 2 totally separate items. Brad is working on tags only at the moment.

Once we get tagging and guilds settled down without any problems, we can look at Halls

Concertor

Post by Concertor »

Hurray :)

Barbarella

Post by Barbarella »

I really LIKE the overall idea. I think it's time we have some new guilds/blood.

I do have one suggestion after reading above tho. Is there a way that you can apply these requirements to NEW guilds only created soas not to destroy the guild history of drakkar?

Berylium

Post by Berylium »

Yay. fixed at last :)
~Berylium

Ambrose
Title: Always Right

Post by Ambrose »

I'm all for history: but I don't see that a tenured guild should not be required to come up with 4 pay accounts to stay active ... if the old guilds want to stay let them recruit like everyone else ... or become part of history.

Yeti

Post by Yeti »

will the new guilds be new tags, or just re-used old tags?

if its new tags, yay

if its old recycled tags, boo

and will we get a message about a guild we are tagged in needing more pay accounts, or will the tag just disapear one day, or what?

-Yeti
If Practice makes perfect, and nobody's perfect, then why practice?
If ignorance is bliss, why aren’t more people happy?
What are those little things on the end of your shoelaces called?
and finally...

If money is the root of all evil then how come churches ask for it?

ZhouYu
Title: Paladin of AWESOME

Post by ZhouYu »

Originally posted by Morgar

MoY is quite active, and while we might not be the largest guild, we have a pretty respectable size to our membership. That you don't see a lot of us around is due mainly to so many members off in cob or NL. :)

If you want to find someone in moy, come to IRC, channel #moy.

- Morgar
Ah, OK, cool.

Like I said, though, I've been just twigging between two spots, GH and my current hunting zone, so I don't see, really, ANYBODY on ;)

Mihey, note that guilds are only flagged as such. The flag must be in place for 60 days... so, ya know... if that happens, hopefully you've got someone in mind to promote ;)

Also, anyone wanting to join Scroll Breakers of Nork, PM me! Raids every Friday down to n-7 to break scrolls! (joking, don't PM me)
The music I want to hear is once again, whispered in my ear.

Shedraggie

Post by Shedraggie »

I think it's great that you are making changes and updates to the guilds.

My only question is in regards to guilds you remove. Will there be any warning to the members before hand?

Speaking for myself... I'm just wondering because I have trouble keeping tracks of the members of our guild. I play such odd hours I rarely see them, so I have no idea how many members we actually have. I would hate to come in and find myself de-tagged without any warning!

Thanks...

Shedragon_BORED :p

Coolcow

Post by Coolcow »

I like the fact that new guilds will finally be created, however, I don't think the new requirements should apply to already existing guilds. Old guilds have already met the requirements for when they were formed, and I would hate to see old tags deleted because of a new policy.

Drocklor_RHG

Post by Drocklor_RHG »

Brad,
It's good to hear that new guilds will be allowed again.
But i have a question that I hope you can clear up.
2) Guilds must maintain 2 active officers
Does that mean a leader or person with authority within the guild?
or the players that are the primary contacts for communication?

unrelated, but
Thank you for enabling CC payments for the Drak store
The map set is Great!

Mars
Admin
Admin

Post by Mars »

2 active officers will be those 2 (and only 2) players that have guild tagging rights within the guild, This is normally the guild leaders.

Brad
Admin
Admin

Post by Brad »

Just an update

I'm almost done with the tool that analyzes the current guilds, members, etc. And produces a report so we can see where we stand, another couple days and we should be ready to begin the process.

Stormwind

Post by Stormwind »

Regarding "Officers", can any character on the account be the officer or will it be limited to the first character on the account only?
"Time is the coin of your life. It is the only coin you have, and only you can determine how it will be spent. Be careful lest you let other people spend it for you."

Yeti

Post by Yeti »

and if i currently have tagging rights for a guild, and im the only one, can i get tagging rights for someone else so the guild dont get dead? :zzz

-Yeti
If Practice makes perfect, and nobody's perfect, then why practice?
If ignorance is bliss, why aren’t more people happy?
What are those little things on the end of your shoelaces called?
and finally...

If money is the root of all evil then how come churches ask for it?

Elessar

Post by Elessar »

Tagging rights are not restricted to the first slot on an account, so officer probably won't be either.