Game Costs

General User Chat
Mihey

Replying to Topic 'Game Costs'

Post by Mihey »

Why do we HAVE to grunt? Why is everything becoming a repetitive chore instead of fun?

I log in, chat a bit in SF, skill a bit with friends and I'm off to play another game already... That is free, has eyecandy, customizable appearance, not-so-great community but who cares, at least it keeps me entertained for a bit. Drak has lost it for me...

Funny, I am playing a free game most of the time while I barely log into Drakkar while on silver plan...
Last edited by Mihey on Wed Nov 10, 2004 4:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mihey__PHNX

flisk
Admin
Admin
Title: King of Drakkar

Post by flisk »

Why not post some suggestions as to what would make this game fun for you? Yeah I see the posts that say, "I think Brad should make the game more fun." But that is not really a suggestion as to what would make it fun. As in the past Brad listens to you guys about what you want. There is no guarentee that every suggestion will be used, but I do know that there is alot of player input in this game.

thanks,

-flisk

djcruella

Post by djcruella »

Originally posted by flisk

Why not post some suggestions as to what would make this game fun for you? Yeah I see the posts that say, "I think Brad should make the game more fun." But that is not really a suggestion as to what would make it fun. As in the past Brad listens to you guys about what you want. There is no guarentee that every suggestion will be used, but I do know that there is alot of player input in this game.

thanks,

-flisk
I believe this has already been in place for some time. What about the section in the forums called "Ideas for KoD"?? :p
I've read through it and members have posted many ideas there to make the game "more fun" or "more interesting". The one thing that would definately help is if Brad or another Sysop gave some feedback in the threads to say "we can't do this because" or "we don't want to do this because" or "this is an interesting idea, we'll see if we can integrate it into the game". At least then members would think their opinions are being considered and thus "getting their money's worth" out of the game. :) (See? I did stay on topic somewhat)

Stormwind

Post by Stormwind »

thanks,

-flisk
Because the silence from Brad and the sysops is often deafening.
"Time is the coin of your life. It is the only coin you have, and only you can determine how it will be spent. Be careful lest you let other people spend it for you."

Concertor

Post by Concertor »

Flisk i have emailed suggestions many times, none get accepted, most were small that most ppl wouldn't care about =/ so we have tried....

Braindead

Post by Braindead »

Originally posted by djcruella

thanks,

-flisk
I believe this has already been in place for some time. What about the section in the forums called "Ideas for KoD"?? :p
I've read through it and members have posted many ideas there to make the game "more fun" or "more interesting". The one thing that would definately help is if Brad or another Sysop gave some feedback in the threads to say "we can't do this because" or "we don't want to do this because" or "this is an interesting idea, we'll see if we can integrate it into the game". At least then members would think their opinions are being considered and thus "getting their money's worth" out of the game. :) (See? I did stay on topic somewhat)

Heh, I suggested this once, and got my head bitten off by whiners saying that Brad was too busy working on NL. I think it would be great to get feedback on the ideas posted there.

Braindead/Hermes

Ravaillac

Post by Ravaillac »

I think grinding is fun. But grinding in NL is not as fun as grinding in nork and cobrahn was.

Puzzles in nameless aren't complete. There are broken/unimplemented quests.

I just got tired of waiting so I'm playing something else until these things are fixed.

Demonaic

Post by Demonaic »

Originally posted by Stormwind

Because the silence from Brad and the sysops is often deafening.
yeah this thread is great example, 3 replies from brad and 1 from flisk :|
-------------------------------------
LadyTrash
aka Frodo
ICQ - 112870456
DZ - ThatCorpse999

Talandar

Post by Talandar »

I dont like geitng on band wagon...but ill get on the soap box this once.

I been in/out of drakkar for 8-9 years now Rejoined monday on silver plan after basically One month play this year..4 days in sorta sumbling to find stuff to do in nork/cob other then repeative skill lol..(iv been skill 22 for about 3ish years now)...

There are PLENTY of great games out there that are free Freeor cheaper, hell plenty of games like ultima online etc with free shards floating around too)....the choices are endless..So i have to agree with everyone here..either Spice needs to be added or fee's need to be readjusted to get with the times...as a business you have to adjust your prices to fit with current times..these price plans havnt been touched in decades..even tho plan says it to be announced changes later or something similiar.

I must ask...what on earth could cost so much for drakkar to run? there are ultima online free shards with 500 + on at same time runing on Donation only and nice speeds..i cant imagain a basic graffic game like drakkar using much demand from server's.

*Climbs off soap box*

PS: The prices are quite costly because im australian..and australia dollar sucks to the usd and euro etc...basically vs whole world..:)
On an extra note..reason i rejoined was for the community chatroom (so drakkar definantly has a community going for it)

:) :) :) :)

Mihey

Post by Mihey »

You do realize UO servers have a lot of players they can live off donations... Drakkar player base is much smaller.

But yeah, I grew tired of paying for boredom... I just chat with friends and I'm glad that is still free.
Mihey__PHNX

Sadie

Post by Sadie »

OMG....if you wanna quit playing Drak cause it cost to much, you cant grow your crit, theres no place to hunt, or you found a better game go.....

Obvisously you dont want to..... you just want it free and easy.

So stay and quit complaining.

IMO Drak is the best, it's not perfect, but then niether am I so I dont have the expectations of some of you that must be.

:sarc
Last edited by Sadie on Fri Dec 03, 2004 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ssusprina_ZAND

"All that will ever matter in this life is the differance you make in a life of a child"

Mihey

Post by Mihey »

You got me wrong.

I just want to enjoy playing. I dont enjoy playing Drakkar anymore. Even if Drakkar was completely free, I would still very rarely play, because nothing excites me anymore.

But I do enjoy the time with friends. I dont need to be in game for that. ;)

I'm sorry I'm not the type of a loyal cash throwing player type you want...
Mihey__PHNX

Astra

Post by Astra »

Sounds like he has, he stays to chat to community and his friends (not sure don't hurt me if i'm wrong). The community (for the most part) here is great) and is why I still play after all this time. Sure there may be better games but they can't beat the friends I've met here in drak. This is why i continue to pay (even though can't even play heh).