LadyKris Deputy Material?

General User Chat
Frozboz

Replying to Topic 'L

Post by Frozboz »

If this was a "Frozboz Deputy Material?" thread, yes. It isn't. LK has lied (oh I'm sorry, "misunderstood" :sarc), she's posted innuendo, she's shown she has a short temper - all things not wanted in a Sysop.. yet, LETS ATTACK FROZBOZ!

Unreal. Remember, don't disagree with the crowd kids. Always go along with the majority... Have solid opinions which can be backed up with reasoning and logic? Forget them! Just do what everyone else does, and you'll be sure not to catch any flack for it!

[edit]: spelling
Last edited by Frozboz on Sun Aug 29, 2004 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Crusher

Replying to Topic 'LadyKris Deputy Material?'

Post by Crusher »

Please show the short temper.
Give a situation that would demonstrate it taking effect.
You'll never win... PLEAD INSANITY!

Frozboz

Post by Frozboz »

She's mentioned at least 3 times now how she's been insulted. Temper has to do with emotion, and she's clearly defining how slight criticism from me affected it. That = Short temper. It took 1 post for her emotions to come into play. Can't get much shorter than that.

Do I need to explain anything else Crusher?

LadyKris

Post by LadyKris »

Temper and lack thereof... is the result of controlling your emotions, not the fact of having them.
Lost again , oh well MT back to the beginning.

Kanak

Post by Kanak »

Originally posted by Frozboz
If this was a "Frozboz Deputy Material?" thread, yes. It isn't. .......
FLISK!
Frozboz has a point here. LK had the highest nomination count with 15 but the second highest was Frozboz. Its only fair that he get his own thread and poll.

Assuming that he would actually consider the position, funny thing is that I'd probably vote yes there also. He plays crotchety old titan so well that it would be fun to see him play benevolent oracle.:p
Last edited by Kanak on Sun Aug 29, 2004 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Frozboz

Replying to Topic 'L

Post by Frozboz »

Grats on everything LK, I'm done posting here. Good luck everyone.

[edit]: Lol Kanak.. wouldn't that be poetic justice? Put me into a spot that forces me to be nice and just ;)
Last edited by Frozboz on Sun Aug 29, 2004 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

flisk
Admin
Admin
Title: King of Drakkar

Post by flisk »

I can't really figure out what the fuss is really all about. Brad shot me a PM a few nights ago; it said:

"Polls are not working for me, can you make a poll that says Yes, please DO make LadyKris a deputy or No, please DON'T make LadyKris a deputy. Thanks!"

That's exactly what I did.

As for making a poll if Frozboz is deputy material, if Brad shoots me a pm requesting it and if Frozboz is interested in a deputy position (and says it's okay for a poll to happen), I'll make a poll.

Crusher

Post by Crusher »

You'd have to shoot the question. Is there gonna be more than 1 Deputy?
You'll never win... PLEAD INSANITY!

Yeti

Post by Yeti »

yes, yes, lets let the polls decide!

*goes to make 18 more new accounts...*

-Yeti
If Practice makes perfect, and nobody's perfect, then why practice?
If ignorance is bliss, why aren’t more people happy?
What are those little things on the end of your shoelaces called?
and finally...

If money is the root of all evil then how come churches ask for it?

Demonaic

Post by Demonaic »

Originally posted by LadyKris
If Brad says I have to put up with it without letting my feelings be known. I shall do so. Meantime I'm just as entitled to my feelings as you are to your opinion.
imnsho you're proving the people that think you can't handle your feelings right by telling people that. you should be as cold hearted as mars to prove yourself worthy. cmon. and you'd be responsible for actions taken by anyone with access to your deputy/sysop whatever crit. and gee. who might also NOT be trusted? kids? your husband notabley? i don't want to risk anyone at your house (even visitors) abusing your would be powers for even an hour before it gets restricted/banned. sysops frequently say many things done, can't be undone by normal means, or through a VERY rare act of brad.
-------------------------------------
LadyTrash
aka Frodo
ICQ - 112870456
DZ - ThatCorpse999

Alyx

Post by Alyx »

This poll was a bad idea (Sorry Brad, but it's true). All it's doing is causing bad feelings on all sides here. This has turned into a flaming thread with very little useful information. If LadyKris does become a Deputy (strange name..does she get a little plastic badge shaped like a star?), everyone will know who she is, regardless of what her "official" name is and that in itself may cause problems. So much for being anonymous!

Is there any reason why we can't have more than one "Deputy"? If you ask me, this game needs more people to help out. The sysops aren't always available, and I like the idea behind the whole Deputy concept, even if I don't like the name (maybe "Guide" would be better?). While I voted "yes" for LadyKris, and think she'd make an excellent Deputy, I think there should probably be more than one. Pick several people, from different time zones (or times they normally play) and we might just have the right folks on when the fecal matter hits the rotating blades.

If you don't like the idea of several Deputies, then why not give us more Sysops? People that can be available when logged in, rather than on DND, AFK or Invisible? Most games I've played have many sysops, and it was extremely rare to not find one on. Drakkar is the only game I've played that consistently has NO sysops available. We have sysops that I haven't seen logged in for more than 4 months.

A lot of folks think that the community can take care of itself; that we don't need more "police". That's patently untrue. It would surely be nice, but it isn't going to happen, and it never will under the current game rules. There are some truly exceptional people who play this game, who would do fabulous jobs as Deputies/Sysops. Why they would want a totally thankless, stress-inducing job that pays nothing, I don't know. Heck, they may not! But it never hurts to ask, and it can only create a better play environment for us all.

~Alyx~

Mars
Admin
Admin

Post by Mars »

Originally posted by Alyx

People that can be available when logged in, rather than on DND, AFK or Invisible? Most games I've played have many sysops, and it was extremely rare to not find one on. Drakkar is the only game I've played that consistently has NO sysops available. We have sysops that I haven't seen logged in for more than 4 months.

~Alyx~
In response to this portion of your post: I am frequently in AFK mode because I get up from my computer all the time and it's easier to stay in one mode than to keep switching (I'm lazy <G>), If I was to stay in avail mode, players would be upset if I didn't answer them, at least by being AFK they should expect that any answer may be delayed.

Also, even if not here/there, email is always available.

V/R

Mars

Mihey

Replying to Topic 'L

Post by Mihey »

Originally posted by Yeti

yes, yes, lets let the polls decide!

*goes to make 18 more new accounts...*

-Yeti
What a coincidence; I was thinking of that then I went over the memberlist.

Filter it by joindate, in reversed order. You will notice that 13 new accounts were made in the three days since the poll started. That is quite a surge, considering only 2-3 signups a week are normal... And there are often weeks without signups.

And none of them has any profile...

I say; there needs to be a polling feature in Drakkar, where each account has one vote. But then again, power players have at least 3 accounts and access to 10 friends accounts *shrug*
Last edited by Mihey on Mon Aug 30, 2004 4:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mihey__PHNX

LadyKris

Post by LadyKris »

responsible for actions taken by anyone with access to your deputy/sysop whatever crit. and gee. who might also NOT be trusted? kids? your husband notabley? i don't want to risk anyone at your house (even visitors) abusing your would be powers for even an hour before it gets restricted/banned.
My game password is not saved and no one besides myself knows it.
Lost again , oh well MT back to the beginning.

Demonaic

Post by Demonaic »

and who's to say kids or some other occurance don't somehow take you away immediately from the computer? "MOOOOOOOOOOMMM MY HAND'S IN THE DISPOSAL"
-------------------------------------
LadyTrash
aka Frodo
ICQ - 112870456
DZ - ThatCorpse999

Dragonslayer

Post by Dragonslayer »

I don't think i've EVER seen someone else but LK on her account. Not even kord ;)
Dragonslayer of PHNX

Brad
Admin
Admin

Post by Brad »

1) There will be MANY deputies
2) Several will not be known by the community
3) Their purpose is primarily to monitor chat for freebies coming in and disrupting it during off hours
4) Their powers will primarily consist of chat control
5) I know its been rough, but this chat has given me exactly the information I needed, on MANY fronts. True colors shining through all over. Now at least no one can claim they didnt have a chance to express an opinion.

Brad

Pax

Post by Pax »

Originally posted by Brad

1) There will be MANY deputies
2) Several will not be known by the community
3) Their purpose is primarily to monitor chat for freebies coming in and disrupting it during off hours
4) Their powers will primarily consist of chat control
5) I know its been rough, but this chat has given me exactly the information I needed, on MANY fronts. True colors shining through all over. Now at least no one can claim they didnt have a chance to express an opinion.

Brad
We need to vote to see if Brad is Deputy Material ;)

Maybe instead of Deputy we should just call them "Chat Monitors" and then people won't be concerned too much with game knowledge...

The Chat Monitors (or whatever you call them) will still allow free speech -- they will just stop cursing and spamming and whatever else breaks Brad's rules and mandates.
Last edited by Pax on Mon Aug 30, 2004 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.