Did you know . . .

General User Chat
Roland

Replying to Topic 'Did you know . . .'

Post by Roland »

Did you know....

If you blow the walls, or door, in the SE corner of Hally Giant's lair, there's a small room with a casket in it
SirRoland,
Follower of The Old Code
"Call what you need of me. Ask what you will of me. My sword, my service are yours !"

PieterPost

Post by PieterPost »

poo
Last edited by PieterPost on Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dragonslayer

Post by Dragonslayer »

The same command can be used to pay for training, again, even if the trainer won't let you do it the regular way. Just substitute "50" for whatever amount you wish to spend.

Trainrs won't actualy train you, they don't take money, they don't help you skill.
Unless ment skill doesn't work like MA skill

Oh, and thanks for the rat skin tip, might be handy ;)
Dragonslayer of PHNX

Doro

Post by Doro »

I'm sure the powers that be are monitoring this thread very closely.
Let s not get too near to anything that could be termed a 'spoiler'.
Last edited by Doro on Sun Mar 14, 2004 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
ho

Merlin

Post by Merlin »

Did you know that you used to be able to gain party exp from a barb breaking items?

Which means a bunch of 3-4 people could stock up on seldari eye's and break them in tree for some super exp <G>

Did you know that the scalers in upper/pillars used to drop scales 100% when they were tanned? <G> those were also broke ;)

Oh wait, you must know, because some people did just that ;)

*Merlz*
Elessar: karbeck is a sweety

Crusher

Post by Crusher »

Did you know gold dragon scales used to sell for 500k.
they also broke for 500k.
You'll never win... PLEAD INSANITY!

Lazarus_RAGE

Post by Lazarus_RAGE »

did u know:

for a long time the way the game engine worked if npc crits reached a certain lvl they got big enuff to untie gear
there are tales of mega lair crits getting so big from being fed hundreds of times :P that they would untie gear and wear it
bad enuff they were killing everyone in game as it was now they were wearing fp and holding a bresh shield :P
when the undead dungeon in cob was first released the crits on -5 were big enuff to untie gear
DeathWish - ive always been better at burrowing thru the walls of the hedge maze than following the narrow path

Migam

Post by Migam »

Did you know:

The Alerian ivory bracers (look like Nork fire bracers) have 100 fire prot and do not tie? Useful for those with no SNR for medium fire prot or added with SNR for higher fire prot.

Can't wait to try that Fate rat fur on MA. Imagine that plus Kats to enhance prot against enmiss, psi crush, massive fire (use your imagination to figure the lairs) :D
Last edited by Migam on Sun Mar 14, 2004 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Starfire: There are two wolves fighting in each man's heart. One is Love, the other is Hate.
Ghost: Which one wins?
Starfire: The one you feed the most.
---Pathfinder

Irin

Post by Irin »

A tanned rat from fate pools is the only armor I know of that will not encumber a MA and is a psicutter.
Tanned rat from fate pool encumbers MAs. Just checked it. "You feel encumbered by your armor" is the message when attacking something.

You are correct about the psi cutter portion tho.

Zeddyboy

Post by Zeddyboy »

stealing from giants in the keep can provide u with a push rock. all giants have them :)

the graves in uc2 have intersting engravements

Mihey

Post by Mihey »

... and one of those graves will take you to your grave... ud5 :D
Mihey__PHNX

Rasker

Post by Rasker »

Did you know theres a room above the Duke's Hall in Carenna, Aleria, with statues dedicated to the legendary guilds of old.

Dragonslayer

Post by Dragonslayer »

And one in Koss' tower too, only dedicated to the Knights of darkness instead of Champions of light!

Ther'sn npc in his dungeon too, he will be a healer trainer for e/e questers, but a red healer npc for others
Dragonslayer of PHNX

Merlin

Post by Merlin »

did you know that according to a good friend of mine ZAND got first killshot on Duke, go check statue actually in Koss lair, "Wildfire_____ZAND"

*Merlz*
Elessar: karbeck is a sweety

Perish

Post by Perish »

Does anyone know what happend to OLd thread lol. i wanted to see laz's reply to my post <EG>

perish

Doro

Post by Doro »

I asked for it to be locked, it got deleted.
ho

Dragonslayer

Post by Dragonslayer »

Did you know Pixies in aleria drop light grenades?
Dragonslayer of PHNX

Lazarus_RAGE

Post by Lazarus_RAGE »

yeah what did happen to the other thread?
i didnt read the funnies for a cpl days and when i looked for it it was gone

are u odie?
if so find me in game
shouldnt be hard i live here now instead of eq :P
account name is gares
DeathWish - ive always been better at burrowing thru the walls of the hedge maze than following the narrow path

Perish

Post by Perish »

hello dw:P
its me dadank/mentalmidget, tho this is my brother odie's forum account
my account in drak is gringo, but im hardly ever on so u should email me @ birnbauc@hotmail.com

Ztinktoof

Post by Ztinktoof »

... there is a Travelers Aid spell lasts 300 rounds and costs 45,000 coin to purchase from an NPC? It offers some sort of psionic protection that I have yet to test.
Ztinktoof
Drakkars Moral Standard
Avatar (C) WIlliam Li: http://elfwood.lysator.liu.se/loth/w/i/william/
KaM Guild Website: http://mywebpages.comcast.net/ctanzio/kam.html

Stormwind

Post by Stormwind »

1. That you used to be able to blast/door through a portion of a wall on N-4 to get to the Naga lair? You also used to be able to just walk there, no statue needed?

2. The stairs to Nork -3.5 used to be a Climb Up to the Guild Halls. You had to walk there the first time and find the right one. Some guilds (such as DOOM) had doors that killed ya if you didn't have the proper tag and tried to open it. Guild halls also used to be very customized and the guilds paid for them in Drakkar Coins.

3. The Basilisk and Silver Dragon Lairs in Volcano Town also used to be easily accessed by anyone, the questors are "recent" (to me anyway) additions.

4. Cobrahn used to be known as the "PIT" and the entrance used to be on Nork -11 (yes there are that many levels).

5. The hole in the SE of nork is another addition. There were no shortcuts in the old days.

6. The door to N-8 is opened by standing on a marble tile holding a certain item. (beware if you go exploring there.. basilisks wanders freely.)

7. 1 tile west of the Nork thief trainer are some invisible stairs up to the Volcano Town Thieves Guild Hall. It's one way though so be sure to bring a twig or know how to walk back.

8. The School of Nork is a newer addition as well, you used to enter the game with a new character a tile east of the nork mausoleum.

9. Lockers were once able to hold twigs.

10. There used to be an item called a portable hole which allowed items to be passed between characters, even twigs! (no longer in game to my knowledge) It could not be placed in sack or pouch however, only on ground or in locker.

11. Eats used to take 1/2 your experience and 1 skill level from each skill.

12. The nork cloud giant used to drop moon boots. These apparently are now a Cob only item.

13. If you type #cmds it will echo back the commands the front end sees.

14. If you are a skill 14 or greater mentalist and you "sense" a twig to a location, you will see a realtime snapshot of that location as if you are standing there? Great way to check a lair that is twiggable.

15. When a thief casts a spell, their effective level of casting is 1/2 the current thief skill level.

16. If a thief wears an item which gives them EP's (certain helms and bracers) and they cast a thief spell, they will use and begin building their Mentalist and healer skill. However you will not be able to gain anymore disciplines than a thief is permitted to gain.

More as I think of it...

-Stormwind
Last edited by Stormwind on Wed Mar 17, 2004 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Time is the coin of your life. It is the only coin you have, and only you can determine how it will be spent. Be careful lest you let other people spend it for you."

Lazarus_RAGE

Post by Lazarus_RAGE »

did u know:

denaba poison is so deadly it can do significant dmg to a mid sized barb
to prove a point i took a lvl 21 barb to acid caves and let a denaba bite me
the first one was a wuss and was unable to poison me enuff to take dmg but the second one was beefier :P
i was taking about 50 dmg a round avg from poison and it slowly wore down from there

the conversation that sparked this test involved a lvl 19 barb i used a long time ago to kill a denaba
i was seeing 100+ dmg spikes from poison during that battle
if u figure barb abs is 5 per lvl then that would be over 200 dmg some rounds for poison
so it would take a lvl 40 barb to be completely immune from that particualar denabas poison
some may have even bigger poison :P
i have only tested 3

so yes heretic it is true barbs CAN be poisoned
even a lvl 32 one :P

Demonaic

Post by Demonaic »

Originally posted by Ztinktoof
... there is a Travelers Aid spell lasts 300 rounds and costs 45,000 coin to purchase from an NPC? It offers some sort of psionic protection that I have yet to test.
traveler's aid allows you to bring hp from cob as overmax hp. ie say if you have 1k hp in cob with your 4 hp quests done. you go to nork while fully healed. your health with show 1k over 600, like pooled hp. it also works with gear adds and balar's health hp.
-------------------------------------
LadyTrash
aka Frodo
ICQ - 112870456
DZ - ThatCorpse999

Yeti

Post by Yeti »

if you hit alt + number it will target the corresponding crit in the same way as if you had clicked on it

skill 0 enmiss hits harder than skill 1 enmiss

-Yeti
Last edited by Yeti on Thu Mar 25, 2004 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If Practice makes perfect, and nobody's perfect, then why practice?
If ignorance is bliss, why aren’t more people happy?
What are those little things on the end of your shoelaces called?
and finally...

If money is the root of all evil then how come churches ask for it?

Longbeard

Post by Longbeard »

Bump....

Good stuff, people should know : )