"Fixxing" unbroken things...

General User Chat
Drewstr

"Fixxing" unbroken things...

Post by Drewstr »

Hmm.. hard to start this one.

I noticed today that brad gave ud5 Ghasts elance.. fun fun!

Not only can mummies hit me for 600 very often, now i can get hit 1 time and be down to about 200 hits and die! Every 10 rounds or so!
Auramancer
That WOLF is up to something SINister.

Hulk

Replying to Topic '

Post by Hulk »

now it is interesting at least lol

Berylium

Replying to Topic '

Post by Berylium »

Hey its not all that bad if they keep it like this i wont be sad keeping many smaller crits and non barbs out. The ghast dont elance every round eather so its not all that bad yet.... lets just hope brad doenst change it again.
~Berylium

Volcom

Replying to Topic '

Post by Volcom »

Personally for the amount of progress that can be made in UD5 making it a littler harder isn't much of a price....It will also stop some people from hunting the area that, well are to small to be blunt. I dont see this is a problem more of a improvement to the area...spice things up some heh

Mars
Admin
Admin

Replying to Topic '

Post by Mars »

The Ghasts were always intended to have this ability, until today, it didn't work. Brad is keeping an eye on the dmg they are inflicting to see if it needs adjusting.

Berylium

Replying to Topic '

Post by Berylium »

Only thing i dont like about it is that it makes coining harder... maybe u should make a ud6 :)
~Berylium

Crusher

Replying to Topic '

Post by Crusher »

If there was some way we could protect against e-lance, it would be fine, but the only way is with e-lance robe and that still doesn't have much protection. I am testing it to see how much the e-lance does.
You'll never win... PLEAD INSANITY!

icawn

Replying to Topic '

Post by icawn »

they cant remove the close door command though *G* game on

Merlin

Replying to Topic '

Post by Merlin »

2.4k from one lance is a little high isnt it?..

EDIT: I was informed, it wasnt one lance, it must have been 2 lances very close together.

This makes ud5 a Barb only area from now on. I can imagine the many MA's and pally's that used ot hunt here along side with the barbs are going to be upset that this area has been taken away from them.

*Merlz*
Last edited by Merlin on Tue Feb 03, 2004 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elessar: karbeck is a sweety

Crusher

Replying to Topic '

Post by Crusher »

If the enmiss/e-spear bracers worked against e-lance and the PSI-Crush amulet did more than 200 prot, others could hunt there without much worry.

Acaciam

Replying to Topic '

Post by Acaciam »

Originally posted by Merlin
This makes ud5 a Barb only area from now on. I can imagine the many MA's and pally's that used ot hunt here along side with the barbs are going to be upset that this area has been taken away from them.
Yes, but its not to be unexpected though. The thing that bothers me more is the side effect caused by this. It is very hard to find a spot to hunt in ud4 since everyone who can no longer handle ud5 is hunting in ud4.
Communication End.

Joesy001

Replying to Topic '

Post by Joesy001 »

Originally posted by icawn

they cant remove the close door command though *G* game on
Good and true statement Icawn, is how i survived there when i was a weee one :D
Peopel just need to learn to experiment a little and adjust to new changes. There will be ways around it and people will be hunting back there in no time :D
Joesy

Being dead, that cannot be done!
------------------------

funns

Replying to Topic '

Post by funns »

i say they dont do enough damage yet, make ud5 a place not even barbs can live at !

Drdrunk

Replying to Topic '

Post by Drdrunk »

ghasts should do 'extended' elance shots every round, just for the hell of it. :sarc

lalasushi

Replying to Topic '

Post by lalasushi »

i think ghasts should elance more often, i dont think they r powerful enuff yet. also, lets add mindwipe and weaken to them.

Crusher

Replying to Topic '

Post by Crusher »

Nah, give them on-contact dezerk.

Drdrunk

Replying to Topic '

Post by Drdrunk »

give them all 3. for once i'm serious, give them all 3.(mindwipe, dezerk, weaken)
Last edited by Drdrunk on Tue Feb 03, 2004 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yeti

Replying to Topic '

Post by Yeti »

just make the umbers haste everything they see, make the blobs cast ah on themselves and then cast only Ec. we'll see who can live there then

would make sas hunt alot more interesting too <G>

-Yeti
Last edited by Yeti on Wed Feb 04, 2004 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
If Practice makes perfect, and nobody's perfect, then why practice?
If ignorance is bliss, why aren’t more people happy?
What are those little things on the end of your shoelaces called?
and finally...

If money is the root of all evil then how come churches ask for it?

Drewstr

Replying to Topic '

Post by Drewstr »

Yeah, everybody loves a smart-arse.

Why don't we make giants in ancients one shot ments and pallies every round with some kind of advanced disc while we are on the subject of screwing with areas.

Or better yet, just make nothing give above 5k exp, that way everyone gets nerfed.

Or or i know, how about brad makes certian crits you kill take exp if you don't kill them fast enough, that way we can just agrivate everybody and get it overwith.

Just find it funny that those who either don't play, are maxxed in cob, or rarely play, especially in ud5, can sit here and come up with ideas to screw with everybody else.
Last edited by Drewstr on Wed Feb 04, 2004 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Auramancer
That WOLF is up to something SINister.

Hulk

Replying to Topic '

Post by Hulk »

It did kind of need to be upped though... Sad when I can go on my barb and not use any ihs while my hits suck like they do lol. A barb can vamp for 1/2 - 1/3 of their life there so i rarely died before, now it is interesting at least and i have to watch game instead of tv or talking to 8 ppl on internet.

Pax

Replying to Topic '

Post by Pax »

The original intent of the Ghasts was to elance. If the amount of elance needs to be tweaked, or if their numbers need to be lowered, or whatever change has to occur to make the area balanced as it was originally intended, then that endeavor needs to occur. Brad fixed a backend bug which changed the behaviour of various crits in various areas. Do things need to be looked at again? Yes.

The way things normally work is an area is developed, some sysops test it, and then it is released to the public (at various levels of quality assurance). Due to resource constraints we are not always able to test things as much as we would like. For Nameless Brad decided to originally let a couple of the sysops test the beginning of the scenario, and let the players test/troubleshoot the rest. That is why he tends to throw out disclaimers... proceed at your own risk -- or go later when most bugs are addressed. All of Nameless was developed/tested/seen only by Brad (other than the starting area which 2 sysops got to help test). The downside to this approach is more bugs tend to exist. The upside is players get new content sooner.

The problem right now is that only Brad has access to make any changes to the game in any manner, and he is working on his Nameless scenario, which again only he has access to. Until more hardware comes along, or until we can find a way to tweak two scenarios simultaneously (or alternate, which is currently not feasible), or until he his done with Nameless, then only he can make tweaks to Cob (or anywhere). So, hang in there. Brad said the other day in the chat that Nameless was almost done. At that point I can revisit Cob (or Brad can do it now or whenever he feels it is needed in the priority of things to be done) and we can fix some stuff up.

Raiko

Replying to Topic '

Post by Raiko »

Pax:

The scenario data isn't scripted externally? I always assumed it was. If you guys use minimal scripts to drive the game, Brad might find it easier to recode some things to do that when he gets nameless to a better state.

flisk
Admin
Admin
Title: King of Drakkar

Replying to Topic '

Post by flisk »

sure things can be scripted externally, but with no way of being able to test them, it makes it difficult to impliment.

Pax

Replying to Topic '

Post by Pax »

Originally posted by Raiko

Pax:

The scenario data isn't scripted externally? I always assumed it was. If you guys use minimal scripts to drive the game, Brad might find it easier to recode some things to do that when he gets nameless to a better state.
Some parts of the scenario are scripted, some aren't (the older and "juicier" something is, the more likely it is hardcoded).

However, we are still limited by physical hardware and human resources. We don't have the physical hardware to support multiple test boxes to develop/debug on. This will come in time...

Crusher

Replying to Topic '

Post by Crusher »

Where did funns's post go?

Okay, I have just felt the wrath of a Ghast. Fully frothed with 3k hits. I am lanced 2 times in 3 rounds. First lance does around 1.4k damage because I vamped some in the same round. Second lance does 1.8k damage in a round where I hit with hally. If I would have not done any damage that round and was unzerked. I would have been one shotted with 2038 hits. Again, I came to get hally and was hit for 1.5k damage with lance. Less than a minute later, I was hit again with lance for 1.5k and, 4 rounds later, 1.8k.
Last edited by Crusher on Wed Feb 04, 2004 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.