Incentive program

General User Chat
Doro

Replying to Topic 'Incentive program'

Post by Doro »

Would that be 10 new friends?

What about the 10 I have already brought into the game?

ho ho

(hell I even let some of them use my CC on their accounts)
Last edited by Doro on Mon Jun 16, 2003 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ho

Merlin

Post by Merlin »

we already have hp bonus's from the gold plan, would it not be easier to just create some unique<sp?> gear? for example not mega super gear, just small stuff, like Dr.D said, Psi cutter bracers be cool. i am sure you already have lots of items designed that you can just feed into the game at random mega lairs you produce every now and then. Or maybe just have more mega lairs. But dont make them damaging lairs like the QS when ppl throwingthemself's at the lair, make it so death = no loss. just an idea that'll prolly never happen :-). a cob mega lair would be cool. there is lots of bonus's you could give players. but i think giving players MORE hp's is going to cause a rift in the game between the players receiving these benefits and the players not. From the game as it is atm, from my point of view those players without gp/ugh are loosing out on game benefits because they cant afford it. items/hp's should be aquired from your abilites in game not by your bank account balance. If mega lairs are produced then that gives players the ability to use theire in-game options to accquire some unique gear for themself's. i might be talking utter rubbish about now, too sleepy, maybe i made some sense . will read it when i wake up :-) no flames plz <gets bucket of water ready>.

*Merlz*
Elessar: karbeck is a sweety

Stormwind

Post by Stormwind »

Ok, here is an off-the-wall idea... :-)

How about a new NPC to "encrust" stuff. I'm not sure if this is easy to do but something along the lines of the funhouse guy but instead you get YOUR CRIT NAME encrusted on the item!

Pick up a staff and see PROPERTY OF STORMWIND_EDGE

People who bring in their buddies get access to this guy ;-)

and boy would it be easier to sort out dp's!!!

-Stormwind_EDGE
"Time is the coin of your life. It is the only coin you have, and only you can determine how it will be spent. Be careful lest you let other people spend it for you."

Merlin

Post by Merlin »

not so bad in nork because we can use gems, but an encruster in cob would ROCK!!

*Merlz*

Kanak

Post by Kanak »

Originally posted by Stormwind
How about a new NPC to "encrust" stuff. I'm not sure if this is easy to do but something along the lines of the funhouse guy but instead you get YOUR CRIT NAME encrusted on the item!
-Stormwind_EDGE
WHOA...........

A bit more difficult to do than handing out hit points but some of the mechanics must already be in place. I really like this idea.

It has NO effect on game balance.
It has NO effect on character progression.

It has great vanity value.
It serves some utilitarian purpose.

Folks have asked for this for a while and now there is a reason to code it.

Brad
Admin
Admin

Post by Brad »

When thinking of incentives:

1 - Needs to be something tied to the # of people you get to sign up
2 - Needs to be tied to how LONG they stay signed up (its why gold play is so enticing)

Saint

Post by Saint »

so what about my question? Would people who were on free when their friend signed up for pay still get the benefit when they signed up for pay?
I'm sciencing as fast as I can.

Brad
Admin
Admin

Post by Brad »

As long as the benefit did not require other scenarios, or extend beyond the limits of free play, i don't have a problem with it.

Ambrose
Title: Always Right

Post by Ambrose »

Incentives should be for 'signing up' a friend who remains a paying customer for a minimum period (say 6 monthes). It should NOT be taken away if the person STOPS being a pay customer ... sorry Brad .. .that one would be on you.

So, what if the recruiter honoree were gifted a cloak that would be increased with each recruitment ... say +1 stat add(or hit/def bonus) or +5 hp/ep at the honoree option.

Since in this scheme a minimum cash value to Brad would be $30 over the required 6 monthes, a $60 sucker ... er .. customer should be worth twice as much in terms of incentive.

AND ... here is an issue with recruitment ... how many new customers start off as free players? I would guess most. Sooooo ... could I bribe free players (who would have gone pay anyway) into saying that I recruited them? For eligability, I would recommend, the newbie has to go pay within a couple monthes, and the established player's name should have been entered in their original DZ sign up.

Kanak

Post by Kanak »

Originally posted by Ambrose
Incentives should be for 'signing up' a friend who remains a paying customer for a minimum period (say 6 monthes). It should NOT be taken away if the person STOPS being a pay customer ... sorry Brad .. .that one would be on you.
Ambrose is correct. We can drag um in. We can hook um. But its Brads job to keep um. The best we can do is bring in folks that we think will enjoy the game, be good community members and in theory stay for years. I must admit that I have a fear of people dragging in snerts just to get perks. So I would hope that some substantial accumulation of dreived revenue be required to get enough goodie points to be used.

As to fair credit for recruitment: When an account is created it must state the recruiter ( can never be changed) If the account goes pay an equivalent number of goodie points can be awarded to the recruiters account. I would assume that after a period of time that all accounts become house accounts and we stop recieving credit.

I still think that the goodie points could be paid to an enchanter that is paid in these points to put your name on gear (X goodie points) / Enchant gear (X goodie points) / emblue (x goodie points per charge). Names are nifty / enchants do very little / and emblues just keep up that need for more goodie points.

Heck to get my alerian gaunts enchanted to +8 I'll drag in geezers that haven't played an online game since they cost six bucks an hour.:hoho

Possible alternate: The Nork Gambler went functionally bye bye a long time ago. Add the goodie points to a house credit account. Make him house credit only. Refresh the gamble code to new dynamic animation. Make it a simple wheel spin (no guess the number). Put Some moderatly big stuff on the wheel along with fillers (hit points/stat pots/ exp 100k 1m etc). It will become an addiction. To get house credit for one more chance, just to get that 1 in 100 saber, players will be dragging people out of the local speedy mart.

Brad
Admin
Admin

Post by Brad »

I think you misunderstood me.

I'm not speaking of removing the entire reward after someone cancels, i just think its essential tie the degree of a reward to the duration of play.

Why? Because if you don't its just a bounty program, and incentive programs are far more sucessful than bounty programs.

But, anyway.. I'm more looking for reward IDEAS than the structure of the plan. Sucessful incentive programs are all around us (amway, ISP signups, etc) to copy.. its the ACTUAL INCENTIVE that i'm looking for ideas on.

Ambrose
Title: Always Right

Post by Ambrose »

Well Brad,

What would go a long way to my having influence on another player's duration of play might be enabling Guild creations again. Beyond THAT we have not nearly as much control ... my feeling is that your Sysop system is more suited to 'incentives' and us players mostly stuck with bounty hunting.

my thoughts re WHAT the reward should be were in earlier post (in case they were lost amid the rest of my comments).
Last edited by Ambrose on Wed Jun 18, 2003 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mars
Admin
Admin

Post by Mars »

I'm an incentive??

Aw gee <G>

Arron

Post by Arron »

youve always been my incentive mars ;) :p

Arron__RELM

Merlin

Post by Merlin »

Just give us a mega lair after every Monday reset <g> maybe some cob mega lairs :P

erm, how about a Psi cuter Robe in nork?

Nork EP regen really sucks, +EP regen gear would be cool, anything better than an uzi.

<I this someone mentioned this> hmmm,maybe an encruster in cob, your friend stays a member for 12 months (paying) you can encrust 12 items

Maybe 24 items 1 month= 2 items. i dunno, would be kinda hard to do i suppose.

+ Permanent stats would be cool, up to 25 max per stat, inc char luck. Giving you the choice to allocate your +3 per every month your friend is signed up. +3 could be split down to 1,1,1 2,1 or just 3.

*Merlz*

Roland

Post by Roland »

Personally, in an effort not to imbalance the game any more than it currently is with gear and such, the best incentive program would be along the lines of when someone 'new' signs up an account for Drak, the name of person who recruited him goes in a field, then after that new person has become a paid customer, and has paid for his sixth month of ANY level of services, the person whose name was in the field, gets $5 credited into his Drak account, to use towards paying his monthy fees.

Many people here complain about the costs of the game, and ideally, if a person wishes to put the effort forth, he can enjoy the highest pay lvl's of the game for free, if he brings in newblood and new income for Brad, and the $5 after 6months of pay from a new player shouldn't be too much, since that is a +$25 gain for Brad , due to that person being brought to the game, and in reality won't cost Brad anything in real money.

Also, giving unique in-game items for recruitment of new players, diminishes the value of the existing in game items, which is something you REALLY don't wanna do.
SirRoland,
Follower of The Old Code
"Call what you need of me. Ask what you will of me. My sword, my service are yours !"

Joesy

Post by Joesy »

G'day,

If you were to listen to a dumb barb , i would say some increase in crit size or special item is not the way to go. You want to entice people to bring others into the game , but you would not want to bring an element of jealousy into this.

I would prefer to see something like if you get someone to spend $1 .. You get 10 meg in coin you can collect from some bank or npc. So if someone spends the $5 a month you would get 50 meg in coin you could collect from (wherever). Which, as I am sure many would agree, is a HUGE amount of cash. I mean it may be too much and could be scaled down .. But with the new HITOS and EPOS , I’d imagine most would be glad to have coin with no work. BUT … others in game are not really all that effected cept they max there HP or EP or can max there skill a little easier.

Anywho, that’s my ten cents (or 1 meg in my scheme <GrinZ>)

JoEsY.
Last edited by Joesy on Tue Jul 08, 2003 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dragon

Post by Dragon »

For the effort it would take me to get my friends to play the game let alone pay for it, id be looking for something imensly special :p

(for a guage of how hard it would be .... they all think ive gone insane by playing drakkar)

Demonaic

Post by Demonaic »

seems like an annoying pyramid scheme to me, but hey, look how successful those are. :sarc
i'd say you should have free drak or suttin, not in game items, make it more so unbalanced then it already is, gee, how about a nork gk2? yeah for signing up 20 people :(
-------------------------------------
LadyTrash
aka Frodo
ICQ - 112870456
DZ - ThatCorpse999

Brad
Admin
Admin

Post by Brad »

Ya know...

We could do it like this.. every month one of your subs is a member, you get XXX drak bucks.

There is then a little drak store where you can buy free play time (coupons), or non game ruining stuff like eat-restores, name changes, etc. (perhaps even some game cash).

Doesnt that cover all concerns? Nothing game ruining but yet pretty big incentive?

Ragnoker

Post by Ragnoker »

I like your idea Brad after reading posts about possible outbalancing of the game.

Would give peeps the chance to use for in game ( non-outbalancing ) or to pay for different subscriptions. I think that would please most.

One question though,,,, do you think a possibility of a race change would be too unbalancing ? ;)

Ragnoker_PHNX :D
http://www.phoenixguild.net
"What -- Me Worry?"

GhostGuest

Post by GhostGuest »

One thing thats been bugging me about the option of free play time is: what if a ftre play person signs some one up, who then becomes pay, while the "recruiter" is still free play?? Dose that free player get the pay to play option?? And if so, for how long?? And if ya set a limit on how long they can play, what happens to their account at the end of that limit, does it get locked then?? Seems to me that option opens a can of worms. The other options of in game perks, non-balence upsetting ones, seems like it would work for all, even free players.
AKA: Woodenkarl, Sparksenblade, Aspex, Brainless, Stickums, Lessmental and Feingurs
Hhhmmmmmmmm............
3Y's 11E's 3H's 11A's

Yeti

Post by Yeti »

im all for being able to earn a name change, lol

-Yetz, wanting to be Yeti again :/
If Practice makes perfect, and nobody's perfect, then why practice?
If ignorance is bliss, why aren’t more people happy?
What are those little things on the end of your shoelaces called?
and finally...

If money is the root of all evil then how come churches ask for it?

Demonaic

Post by Demonaic »

no yeti for you! <cheers YETZ!>:D :hoho :D
-------------------------------------
LadyTrash
aka Frodo
ICQ - 112870456
DZ - ThatCorpse999

Ouch

Post by Ouch »

1) Stick to non game ruining stuff , otherwise that become unbalancing. My non-runing stuff I mean dont give anything that is not achiveable by other mean. Extra HP is something I cant achieve otherwise so this is not good.

2) Give us the html code for referall. So we can stick a link on our web sites (many of us have some) So we can place stuff like : "www.kingdomofdrakkar/cgi=Ref=Ouch" on our web site. Increase bank account by 100K for each referral. If someone send you 2000 different IP hits give him 200 meg coins, that is good for all, simple and effective.
Let them web designers, finds ways to bring you traffic!

3) If you need $( I am sure you do) maybe give us an option to "prepay gold" to get the 12 month membership bonus at once.

Like, when I subscribe, instead of paying you 10$ a month, let me give you 120$ upfront. Next time I enter, I am at "12 months gold" at once. Of course my next payment only due in one year then.

4) If you need $ now, give an option to halt any further payment on an account. Example : 250$ at once and you account require no further payment (except new scenario) . All 4 slot are perm members of GH , max gold, and the account is paid for life. That is also good for all.

Ouch