Thief only

General User Chat
Migam

Thief only

Post by Migam »

I've been considering re-rolling my thief into a barb as I have no other available slot to try barb. But I would like to know which items are considered thief only so I know what I might be missing. Based on what I've seen in resources, some thief only are:

Hag plate Thief
Camo robe
Slith robe Thief
Seldar SS

And the other day, someone found a Champ xbow that tied but they couldn't use it until they gave it to their thief. Is that thief only as well?

Are there others in Nork and Aleria that I'm missing? I haven't been to or read up on Cob but are there thief only items there too?
Starfire: There are two wolves fighting in each man's heart. One is Love, the other is Hate.
Ghost: Which one wins?
Starfire: The one you feed the most.
---Pathfinder

Landros

Replying to Topic 'Thief only'

Post by Landros »

<Hag plate Thief>
<Camo robe>
Yes thief only

<Slith robe Thief>
<Seldar SS>
Nope, anyone can use these items

Most of the other stuff that thiefs use that others have trouble using is alignment driven like the poision bow need to be neutral to use. Hope this helps.

Landros

Mihey

Post by Mihey »

Seldar SS anyone can use, but daggers are thieves only.

Also, hag plate for thieves? Nope. They get some cool-looking bat wings leather if I am correct :sarc
Mihey__PHNX

Pol

Post by Pol »

was told the erodian X-Bow is thief only as well?
Polgara

Men - Can't live with them and if you tie them to the bumper and drive at high speeds over speedhumps the authorities tend to frown

Dragonslayer

Post by Dragonslayer »

Originally posted by Migam

And the other day, someone found a Champ xbow that tied but they couldn't use it until they gave it to their thief. Is that thief only as well?
yup, it appears to be thief only, just as 3.5 mino axe is fighter only (including fighter/paladin)
Dragonslayer of PHNX

Migam

Post by Migam »

Thanks for the replies. I didn't see any more items added so guess I'm not going to miss much if I RR to barb. Nice to know my BLSS is not thief only since it took forever for me to kill the old coot for it.

I mentioned Hag plate thief and Slith robe thief because you have to be a thief to get one made but you both have made your point in that they are not thief only after they're created. In my case, if I RR thief to barb, I lost that option.

I'm getting that Seldar SS and dagger confused. Per Tsarn, SS is thief only but dagger isn't. I'll test it to be sure with pally.

I'd hate to lose thief. Even working on his ment/healer skills with EP helm. Would love to go to Km4 and get 3/3 es rings and such for my other slots without having to be huge thief skill to do this. What level is needed to hide 1 hex away from non-lair crits there? I stole from a Nork NPC and even hidden 4 hexes away, he was chasing me down.

I'm 13/11 thief with 19 agi, 1 bnr (3 if need be) and have lockered an agi+3 ring but afraid to attempt KM4 and get stripped (that ring and BNRs were hard to find!) with no hope of recovery.
Starfire: There are two wolves fighting in each man's heart. One is Love, the other is Hate.
Ghost: Which one wins?
Starfire: The one you feed the most.
---Pathfinder

Shaddai

Post by Shaddai »

Not that my knowledge of things thiefy is all that much, biggest one I had was 18/15/11 and even then I found it much faster to backstab something and take what I wanted off the body than trying to steal anything, but I think its safe to say that 13/11 anything will be chewed up and spit out by KM4 :)

Longbeard

Post by Longbeard »

Soloing KM4 and KM5 with thief is pretty hard.
The hardest part will be weapon you did and it will be hard to hide from archers and in same time see them, with weapon you will need silver to hit minos, so Berovar(huge sword-hard to hide with) Saber(Long sword-hard to hide with) Alerian SS(i don't have one!-hard to get) Stilletto(hits weak, mostly poison)

just a few thoughts

Dragon

Post by Dragon »

As for dieing and being stripped there, ive heard that tied gear can no longer be poped by sewerrats, also ive died around 30 times there over various levels and not been stripped once......lost 10+ hp tho :sarc

On the 3/3 es ring i have to add that they are very rare. ive sat killing everything in the zoo spot for 2hours straight nothing, in total ive killed about 500 archers.....not one es ring yet.
Last edited by Dragon on Mon Feb 24, 2003 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GhostGuest

Post by GhostGuest »

Migram, heres a thought, dont RR your theif. IF all you want to do is play a barb to see if you like them, then just create a new FREE account, and roll up a barb on it. This way, ypu can keep your theif while " getting a feel " for barbs. Then, you decide you really want to keep a barb ( or any other class you create on the free account ) , you can decide then to RR, and will also give you more time to decide which of your 4 crits on your main account you want to keep, and which to RR. Well, this is just an idea to mull over.
AKA: Woodenkarl, Sparksenblade, Aspex, Brainless, Stickums, Lessmental and Feingurs
Hhhmmmmmmmm............
3Y's 11E's 3H's 11A's