Sysops and Death Piles

Need to talk to a sysop? Here is a good place to start.
flisk
Admin
Admin
Title: King of Drakkar

Sysops and Death Piles

Post by flisk »

This has been posted before, but I wish to remind everyone.

It has been an outstanding rule that Sysops do not help retrieve Death Piles when players go into a Lair and get killed and stripped.

The reasons for this rule are many, but to provide a little context:

1) If you go in to a lair and get stripped knowing that a Sysop is going to get your gear, then there is no risk in trying to go after said lair. Playing the game is simply that; playing the game. If you are going to play and depend on a Sysop to get things for you, then what's the point in playing? Best bet is, don't go into a lair unless you are willing to risk loosing what you have or you and your friends can kill the lair, or at the very least, you have friends that can help you get your gear out.

2) Sysops are simply not on 24/7. We may stay logged in for long periods of time but we do this so that players can contact us (read that as leave a message) so that we may respond when we return.

I realize that there have been very rare occasions in which a Sysop may help in a gear retrieval (I can actually only recall twice in the past 10 years that we have done this), but that is in very rare circumstances and should not be considered a normal occurrence.

Omni
Admin
Admin

Re: Sysops and Death Piles

Post by Omni »

I personally will be more than happy to move your death-pile INTO a lair.

Just to be helpful ;-)
Account and Billing issues: help@drakkarzone.com
E-mail: Omni.sysop@gmail.com
Twitter: @OmniSysop
http://www.facebook.com/omni.sysop
Send me Ideas, Suggestions, Bugs or Complaints!
Event Mailing list, send me an email with TELL ME OMNI in the subject!