Account Privacy

Need to talk to a sysop? Here is a good place to start.
Mars
Admin
Admin

Account Privacy

Post by Mars »

I know it's usually well known, but I think a reminder is in order.

The management of Drakkar (Brad, and sysops) will NEVER ask you for account information to include passwords.

Unfortunately, someone was recently approached and asked, The person doing the asking said they were the creator of the game. If you are approached and asked for this information, please contact a sysop with the details. My email is Mars@drakkarzone.com

Thank you

Brad
Admin
Admin

Replying to Topic 'Account Privacy'

Post by Brad »

Remember, drakkar accounts are NOT transferrable between people. Their is no "account ownership", all accounts are property of drakkarzone.

We have had a rash of "i'm the original account owner and I want my account back" emails.

This normally results in the account being closed.

Also, do not share your account information with ANYONE. Do not log in on ANYONE elses computer using your drakkarzone account. Don't let anyone log into YOUR computer using your drakkarzone account.

Don't give your credit card information to anyone.

No sysop, EVER will ask you for your password. I'll never ask you for your password.

People spoof email from us all the time. Always check the header to see where the email is really from.

Don't EVER post the LINKS from your account page in chat, or to someone else.
Last edited by Brad on Thu Nov 20, 2003 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mars
Admin
Admin

Post by Mars »

I guess this requires mentioning once again.

I have spent the last several hours dealing with this exact issue.

Several players claiming a particular account is theirs. Looking at the account (and several others that were used), I can tell that quite a few people have been accessing multiple accounts, and now at least 2 of these accounts have been trashed (rerolled crits, broken gear, ect)

DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES GIVE YOUR PASSWORD TO ANYONE ELSE

flisk
Admin
Admin
Title: King of Drakkar

Post by flisk »

In the history of Drakkar no account has ever been proven to have been "hacked". Accounts claiming to have been "hacked" have been discovered that it was a change of hands or sharing of password. Main point - don't share your account. If your little brother, sister, mom, dad, uncle, cat, dog, ferret has your account information, change it. In the future all accounts that have a dispute and are reported as being "hacked" may be closed permantly. This is the only warning that will be given.

Mars
Admin
Admin

Re: Replying to Topic 'Account Privacy'

Post by Mars »

The below post bears re-reading. I get several emails all the time dealing with this exact issue. The bottom line is - if the name on the account as it is "today" does not match the name being provided via the email request, no account information (password) will be provided. Telling me "you know me, you know it's my account" will not help. I personally know very few players in real life, all I can go by is what is provided in the account info.
Brad wrote:Remember, drakkar accounts are NOT transferrable between people. Their is no "account ownership", all accounts are property of drakkarzone.

We have had a rash of "i'm the original account owner and I want my account back" emails.

This normally results in the account being closed.

Also, do not share your account information with ANYONE. Do not log in on ANYONE elses computer using your drakkarzone account. Don't let anyone log into YOUR computer using your drakkarzone account.

Don't give your credit card information to anyone.

No sysop, EVER will ask you for your password. I'll never ask you for your password.

People spoof email from us all the time. Always check the header to see where the email is really from.

Don't EVER post the LINKS from your account page in chat, or to someone else.