Reused Graphics

If you have an idea post it here
dragonmage
Title: Arg!

Reused Graphics

Post by dragonmage »

Just to preface - I am aware there is no space to add new graphics; what I would like to see is for some of the graphics that use more basic gear graphics to be replaced with some of the more obscure, or little used graphics to make for more variety. Also, in some case for the item graphic to actually represent the item it is (look at AA and spur robes here).

AA robe

Current icon
Proposed icon changes
ImageImage

Spur Robe

current icon

Proposed icon change

Gold captain boots

Current icon

Proposed icon change

Ice Titan rings (and lvl 99 IR rings)

current icon

Proposed icon changes
(different colored gem depending on element)

Imagefire
Imageice
Image lightning

SK weapons

Bisento
I realize the image is closer to what a bisento is, but the weapon is great sword skill, and the icon has traditionally been a hally. If you can change the item description too, fantastic, but I’d rather it look like a GS personally.

Current icon

Proposed icon changes

Katana
Again, I know the description is a katana, and honestly, this one looks better with the legacy graphics, its more of an issue with the new graphics. Still, wouldn’t mind something shinier.

current icon

Proposed icon changes

Morningstar

Current icon

Proposed icon change

Short bow

Current icon

Proposed icon change
Tanto

Current icon

Proposed icon change

There are also other items in the game that currently reuse old graphics that don’t make sense/could use chaging.
Such as –
The scrolls dropped by hermit used to gain skill beyond 35, it is a statue icon.
SK progession 1 pot is an agil. This doesn’t effect anything, but a less used icon would be welcome.

Now. I pulled all of the graphics from Seiyria’s drakkar fan page. Some came from a section he has that is labeled ‘unused sprites in game.’ I’m taking with a grain of salt that they are in game, and I know that some of them are infact in game now (the SK helm for instance). But, there are many other icons here.

https://seiyria.com/drakkar/other/unused-sprites

Lucky2

Re: Reused Graphics

Post by Lucky2 »

There are some newer graphics using recycled graphics that could definitely have a better graphic used. GS i'd specifically say that Excalibur was one of the best weapon graphics ever used in drak so having that graphic for sk gs or even a new gs in a future expansion would be fine with me :).

Also I really like the idea of having the ring elements separated by element type that would be amazing.
Darge: I mean, it's not really my style, but I'm sure I can find someone to bend you over real nice like if it's what youre looking for

Lucky______RIP, Randall___RIP, Anxiety___RIP, Spectre_____RIP

urjuwani

Re: Reused Graphics

Post by urjuwani »

i do concur minus the curvy LS and instead we could use an actual katana like Image or Image or even Image and maybe for greatsword Image

id love to see another use of Image and with the use of Image maybe as some celestial gear or something of the sorts.