Primal Mjorin

If you have an idea post it here
luckyman

Primal Mjorin

Post by luckyman »

Upon my recent adventures through Mjorin it reminded me of fun times. Trying to remember all the mini-quests that led to more quests was quite the fun. One of the few real challenges left in Drakkar in my opinion. My guess would be new players that come through are rushed so quickly that they never even venture there which I find a shame.From this adventure branched two ideas which are both similar.

1.) Expand upon Mjorin in Nork to add more content. Nork is breezed through to get to cob, Aleria is rarely traveled outside the crazy version for skills.
I say increase the exp gained in Mjorin ass you go in with no gear weapons potions etc so getting a start is rough give 100k-300k exp per kill depending on the area, for certain bosses give 500k experience as they are not easy to kill solo or in a party (this will also help free accounts that get large enough to wander). The increased exp gain will bring some of the lost activity back to nork in my opinion. Add a dungeon where the skill gain is good if you can get up the party to kill there, it would be nice to see a place in nork that had decent skill gains up to say skill 25. I like the set up of the gold/items to buy that is set up there but perhaps add a few more items in, if you are good enough you can kill the bd tan it and trade for a hally, there is an improved ls, a store bought mace etc. It would be nice to add the ability to tan a bear for basic armor rather than just leather or studded leather. It would be nice to see a few decent lairs put in for armor as well as weapons if someone is brave enough to kill perhaps a slicer like lair that drops either ls or gs a lair like smasher that drops decent mace etc. Put in one healer that will cc characters for you, perhaps the north town healer that allows you to set recall make it also capable of ccing characters for you. Add one working locker so you can come and go and store what you have found for a trip back later, only one not too much storage but will be able to save your weapon and basic gear along with the nasty keys. Add in a succor system but allow twigs to only be set in the north town, no dungeons no lairs etc can only twig back to town. Put in a few more spells across the classes as we will be facing more lairs and more creatures so more advance psionics will be needed. Make the two alts of Mjorin different, add one or two bonus quests in alt 2 mjorin as well as perhaps a 10-15% exp boost to encourage subscriptions. Give people something to be excited about in nork the cap is 50/30, give them a place to get it done should they chose to exp outside of cob or aleria.

2.) Add a Mjorin like "dark" expansion to Nameless Land. Follow the same ideas of norken Mjorin but increase the level of the enemies that you encounter and increase the gold gained from selling items and completing quests. In this place you will be able to level to the current cap you are set at, so if primal quest is done you will be able to level to 70/35 in here and so on. Make the minimum to get in level 50 as this is set to be a "primal" area it will be too rough for the lower levels. Add in high end spells/tiers that are for this area only, put in a quest that will give you a spell or tier depending on your class and the damage of it will be dependent on the level of the player completing the quest. Give thiefs a hide bonus as this is a dark expansion they will be needed as scouts to explore the new area. As with Mjorin ma's will have the advantage as their primary weapon is their hands. This will bring a new life to two classes that are currently being neglected. For the basic store bought items have them be similar to nork just tuned a bit (i will post a basic idea below). As with nork put in one healer for cc's and one store-able locker. As it will be a primal area add in a quest much like killer weapons to get a suitable weapon for each class. To get one you will need to get pieces dropped on the forest floor, you will need to kill certain lairs, and you will need to complete quests but in return you gain a weapon, also add in an ma version to get gauntlets so they have a high end weapon here.

The basic weapons/armor you can buy in the stores would be as follow:
basic leather would be +5 with a +2 to all stats and cost 10,000 gold
studded leather would be +7 with +3 to all stats and cost 20,000 gold
healing potions would heal 500 hp and cost 7,500 gold
basic longsword/staff/dagger/mace all +5 and cost 1,000 gold

These would allow for a decent start without making it too easy for the higher levels to come in and blow through the quests at hand.

The nork expansion would certainly be nice to see it already a great fun and could be even more fun with more content and better gains.

Edit to post- Fix the respawn on ork king gnoll king and bd so they respawn more often, once per reset is simply not enough they don't need to be as frequent as they first were but atleast being able to kill once a day would be nice if not more!

Addictedly yours Shadow_____ICE :)