All Good Things

If you have an idea post it here
Astrid2
Title: Mrs

All Good Things

Post by Astrid2 »

The good things:

I've always liked the community. Even after 12 years of absence people remembered who I was.
There been some great updates like quirking, and 'crazy' scenarios though I didn't experience it much.
Great premium ugh benefits. Aging is managed with subscription.

The Bad things:

Too much power leveling by the player base to get other players committed to the game. While I understand why it's done...it's done too much. But this is a problem with every mmo. So it's not exclusive to KoD
No voice chat.
No premium 'drop' rate of items and premium is overpriced considering it's a monthly subscription of $25 unless...you add Nameless into it...and even then I wouldn't pay more than $15 a month for it.
No indicator of what alt I'm in. This would be a great help of keeping track of where I'm at if I had some indication outside of the portal room where I'm at.
Drop rates of stat altering items in Cob has been nerfed into the ground (this is why I unsubscribed. I'm on my fifth day of looking for Mandrake and it's ridiculous that I haven't found a single turnip for my ment). And quirking at Cob level does not give you the option to increase stats to 21 which I would gladly do if it was possible!
There is no visible story line. The main problem is that you walk around go to places and you're attacked. There is nothing around to make you care about fighting. Yeah, it's a game but it needs more of a suitable lead in than grabbing some IHs, swords or whatever and going down the dungeon stairs. Why should we save Nork from the meanies or Mars? <G>
Winter event was horrendous and confusing...and I have years of experience as a in-game quest writer/developer.
My character at times moves by itself and does things I don't want it to do even though there is no creature around to control it or indication that my character has been charmed or pushed.

But who knows I'll probably be back knowing my history.

Skip

Re: All Good Things

Post by Skip »

Hi again Astrid -

Mandrakes have always been rare in Cobrahn.

I'm not sure where you've been looking - but in the past I have gotten them from Tree Ogres, Dark Ogres (cave under Juntes), as well as in the Jungle (near turn in guy and Lori's hut).

~ Buzz-Skip__KAM ~

Sneekydude
Title: NoUse

Post by Sneekydude »

Astrid2 wrote:The good things:

No voice chat.
No indicator of what alt I'm in. This would be a great help of keeping track of where I'm at if I had some indication outside of the portal room where I'm at.
Drop rates of stat altering items in Cob has been nerfed into the ground (this is why I unsubscribed. I'm on my fifth day of looking for Mandrake and it's ridiculous that I haven't found a single turnip for my ment). And quirking at Cob level does not give you the option to increase stats to 21 which I would gladly do if it was possible!
There is no visible story line. The main problem is that you walk around go to places and you're attacked. There is nothing around to make you care about fighting. Yeah, it's a game but it needs more of a suitable lead in than grabbing some IHs, swords or whatever and going down the dungeon stairs. Why should we save Nork from the meanies or Mars? <G>
Winter event was horrendous and confusing...and I have years of experience as a in-game quest writer/developer.
My character at times moves by itself and does things I don't want it to do even though there is no creature around to control it or indication that my character has been charmed or pushed.

But who knows I'll probably be back knowing my history.
Cob has always been rare, Even CCOB isn't much better.
I think your right about the quirks to 21 that would be great.
Voice chat is very interesting idea but I would still like GUILD CHANNELS in DZ!!
---===***What is life with out a little CHAOS.....***===---
http://kaos.azurewebsites.net/

poodoo

Post by poodoo »

Being able to increase stats above 18 via quirks would be awesome.
Should be level dependent though..
example:
level 1 to 19 quirk stats to 18 max
level 20 to 50 quirk stats to 21 max. perhaps quirk cost at 20 per stat from 19 to 21
level 50 to 85 quirk stats to 25 max. perhaps quirk cost of 50 per stat from 22 to 25.
level 85 to 100.. quirk stats to 30 max. perhaps quirk cost of 100 per stat from 25 to 30.
and stats over 30 would require land improvements or minimum resource stockpile in your claim core at "THE RIFT"

Luck and charisma would require higher quirks as this seems to be a long standing trend.

Poodoo