Alt 1 vs alt 2 pots

If you have an idea post it here
nunnbt473

Alt 1 vs alt 2 pots

Post by nunnbt473 »

If you insist on not allowing free accounts to use alt 2 nork pots, perhaps at least give them a slightly different icon. Change the cap, put a red dot on the corner.. anything to tell at a glance. I understand you want 'free accounts to have incentives', but I noticed yesterday not only did I waste several (paying) peoples time. It was often for no reason since I couldn't use any of them. It just ment they went to check another locker.. and another. Infact.. some even checked SoB and Uther. While I am sure they are of size for such a task.. its absurd when someone has literally 30+ agil pots just sitting on trash accounts doing nothing. Its also somewhat confusing to noobs when you tell them to drink one or things sitting around SF are usually put there for free to help people out, then you have to tell them they can't use it. I've had similar experiences in other games that were 'free to try' or 'free to play' and honestly it left a bad taste in my mouth as a player. Truth be told, as often as not, I see these tactics more as an annoyance than a carrot dangling.

Youd have less accounts for the server to process, less time wasted by paying players not just looking for the right pots, but storing them. Time that could be spent actually enjoying the game. Less items ingame overall to add in on the server strain..etc. Free players can still get pots, still reach the same max stats..etc.

Im inclined to mark this idea is looks good on paper and worth a shot.. but just didn't work out great. After all, you want a giving open community.. well thats what they did. As long as you have that community, limiting pots won't effectively work.
----------
Just say no to fate cards.

JadeAmber

Re: Alt 1 vs alt 2 pots

Post by JadeAmber »

I would settle for having them sense differently ... like the muted glow on a twig that won't work ... or the wind against your face on a failed scry