Advanced targeting

If you have an idea post it here
Migam

Advanced targeting

Post by Migam »

I'd like an addition to targeting system. I'd like a fill-in-the-blank thing. When I target a party member by mistake, it doesn't hit them but a number comes up which has to be some kinda monster # for them to track. If attacks are based on that, I'd like it if he would make it so that when you attack, it holds that last target somewhere so you can reuse it. Make sure it wipes out when you start game cause sometimes I log in and something is targeted for no reason at all.

I throw at a gnome, and games calls it dunno #023782340
Game saves that as something like <target>, $1 or something like those weird codes like the ones ppl use to pick up certain items from a pile
Now I can macro a backstab/hide macro that's something like ... backstab <target>;hide and target is whatever I last hit. Or I can triple tier them with just entering that <target> in my macro and now I have one macro button to server all a well-deserved rest.

I have triple thief tiers for almost every crit in SDC but I'd rather throw at one to target it then hit this macro button instead of have 4 to 6 macro bars, labeled by area, each with 3 to 5 crit types and all have to repeat stuff I need like up climbup, look, search, attack, charge, throw. If I didn't back up my macros, I'd have a mess on my hands.

This can be used by ment/fm too so they can tie tiers in macros without needing a custom one for each type and each lair. This can work for healers too, heal a player then hit macro to continue. I just hope some are smart enough not to use this and cast AH/haste when it's not wanted. And that's the major setback, if you target a player then hit macro. Hopefully retarget crits in lairs like Betrayer don't do this to psi type attacks :)
Starfire: There are two wolves fighting in each man's heart. One is Love, the other is Hate.
Ghost: Which one wins?
Starfire: The one you feed the most.
---Pathfinder

Wolverine2

Re: Advanced targeting

Post by Wolverine2 »

I haven't tested this, but I have a theory that the #whatever is actually like a crit name and that you can scry it from afar. I haven't tried, just a thing I've always wanted to try and haven't gotten around to it hehe. On a different note, not sure why you really need this feature... just use the . command... just type . into commandline and hit enter, repeats last action.

Migam

Post by Migam »

Yeah, I use the repeat command all the time, that's not what I'm talking about. I mean something that inserts the target into the macro as it goes from you to the game so you don't have to create a macro for each target type.

Now:
"xform ##1 gnome; xform ##2 gnome; xform ##3 gnome" is only for a gnome that's the next on your target list (starting at position 0 on down til it finds it). This only goes after a gnome that's in that slot. I currently have over 15 like this for various crit types.

Idea:
Attack any target which stores them as <target>. Not the name, the actual target number the game gives it.
then "xform ##1 <target>; xform ##2 <target>; xform ##3 <target>", have game insert <target> in the command as it parses and it will attack only the target I attacked no matter the position it shifts to. This one macro covers every type of crit I have targeted.

Ments in particular have 3 or 4 macros I think to throw everything they have at 1 target. Something like this cuts down on them having create that many per target.

As far as buffs/prots, if I could heal a party member that make them a <target> I can then hit a macro based on buffing/protting the <target>, I don't have to create a macro per party member. I find myself redoing macros before each hunt and trying to assign either a cntl-alpha (cntl-a, cntl-b) to each or make a macro button and have to scroll thru pics to look for a pic to associate with that person since we can't create pics and there is no drop-down for pics (I wish).
Starfire: There are two wolves fighting in each man's heart. One is Love, the other is Hate.
Ghost: Which one wins?
Starfire: The one you feed the most.
---Pathfinder

Wolverine2

Post by Wolverine2 »

Your idea is pretty confusing now... What I would do is hit the target you want... then use the '.' command until it's dead. Does the same exact thing. I have a feeling I know sort of what kind of targeting feature you are talking about, which sounds more like a way to only hit one button so scripting is easier. Don't see a "smart" (as in the phone, not sarcasm) feature of that type ever being implemented.