Drop Chance Night

If you have an idea post it here
Wolverine2

Drop Chance Night

Post by Wolverine2 »

Well, I haven't seen much posted on the forums in a while so here I go.

We have double or even quadruple exp/skill/quirk/leadership gain nights. Something that may be interesting (depending on how you have this stuff coded Brad) would be a double/triple/quadruple drop chance night. I am a little bit unsure of how you have that all set up, but it seems feasible enough to be able to chance the multiplier.

Reasons for this?
Nameless drops (batwings, tiers in practically all of gdh and sdc, flowers in sdc3, and a bunch of other stuff that would be awesome) can be really frustrating sometimes. Having a night of increased drops may relieve some of the ache and pain of it all and would attract players that got 'stuck' at caps back for a bit to continue on their quest.

Reasons against?
The only problems I see with this are the time, if not in place, on Brad's part this will take to code. Once again I don't know how drops are coded, but I assume it isn't completely separate for each monster, and even so you can just multiply a set variable by the drop chance on all items and change the variable according to what multiplier it is.

The second problem would be a huge farming frenzy and stacked up lockers full of stuff that is more. Not sure how high the drop chances are on some things more common like terror bloods, but I know some drops are particularly low like those mentioned above and could benefit from a drop chance increase on random nights.

Feel free to comment, but particularly looking for a response from sysops on feasability of this concept.

evilfear

Re: Drop Chance Night

Post by evilfear »

Think that would be a good idea. Have seen some items with great enough rarity myself to implore this idea.
Evilfear a paladin. I once parried when I should have healed.