Non-dancing boots

If you have an idea post it here
Brenem

Non-dancing boots

Post by Brenem »

I think we need a way to make boots that dance into non-dance.
There is places I would prefer to not dance around when stunned.
But, at the same time, I like the dancing for other areas.

Maybe something similar to the prone and non-prone NPC.
Maybe even a small quest.

Ken

Re: Non-dancing boots

Post by Ken »

I agree that this is a rather prevalent problem (especially in the case of the Rift Guardian Boots). Since they are unquestionably the best boots (by far) in the game, it would be rather odd to switch them out except in an isolated rare occasion.

evilfear

Post by evilfear »

The game does need new boots. In the case of certain lairs and hunting areas; dancing out of sight of the healer is very problematic.
Evilfear a paladin. I once parried when I should have healed.

Migam

Post by Migam »

Dancing should have been a choice on RG boots. I know an MA who used Alerian helm to dance and avoid being hit when stunned and that's good, he also had options in future helms and can have a dancing and non-dancing SS for offhand.

I chose to never add it to Killer weaps and if it's a VDay bow Add, I hope it's the last one so I don't do it but those boots, the only choice is wear or don't wear. Seeing it's one of the few lair boot drops along with Mama (crap), HeThatCannotBeNamed (thief-only) and if you count an Alerian lair dropping sandals (rare and MA-only), and it's annoying you are forced to have dancing on it. If you want that to stay a fixed reward, fine, add an NPC that can remove it or better yet, add another lair with a better boot that doesn't dance, something for 70+ .

While at it, notice that the Cob nin helm is used by many NL players for the powerful Antistun it has... kinda leaves all other options cold. I have to keep IV twigs handy, resp boots handy and have to hold nin if I used resp or IV helm since it's unsackable. It's high time there's a highend helm with some Antistun on it even if it's not as good a prot as nin.

Solo... there is so much focus on you need a healer for this or you need a ment for that rather than gear. Some like solo cause it fits their schedule.
Huge party: there is no multiple prot/buff capability in game for stuff like resp, IV, antistun so how can you give all that plus heal, haste, tier?

If crafting can help add stuff to items you have, that would be great as well. Not heard more on that topic.
Starfire: There are two wolves fighting in each man's heart. One is Love, the other is Hate.
Ghost: Which one wins?
Starfire: The one you feed the most.
---Pathfinder