Findfriendly changes!

If you have an idea post it here
Valarc

Findfriendly changes!

Post by Valarc »

I've heard rumblings of some changes to findfriendly in the past, but there's one I'd like to see more than anything.... the ability to choose which of your findfriendlys you want to make. RD is to me by far the most useful FF there is... the ability to leech eps off of him is great. With SD, you get those constant knockdowns that are a pain in the butt. So, I wish I could choose any of the FF's smaller than what I currently make as an alternative. Hopefully I'll see some "me too" posts from ments who feel the same way as I do
Valarc___STORM, usually found in #storm on irc, and in the pillar room in cob

**Excerpt from an actual Lobby chat session**

chance: does valarc eva leave game
Brad: valarc is an NPC
Brad: didnt you know that?

Ztinktoof

Replying to Topic 'Findfriendly changes!'

Post by Ztinktoof »

In the grandaddy to this game, one could specify the power or radius of a spell, for example, area spells in DZ might be...

form fireball 1;@1 hex fireball..very hot..like firestorm
form fireball 2;@3x3 fireball..a little cooler
form fireball 3;@5x5 fireball...cooler still

The thaumaturge class could summon minor demons in a similar way to find friendly. If no power was specified, the greatest of the minor demons would be summoned. In DZ, this might look like...

form findfriendly 1;@bear
form findfriendly 2;@roc
form findfriendly 3;@red dragon

White beards may remember salamanders, various type of djinni, and the supreme minor demons: efreeti. (Although by far the most useful were the first class of djinn. The other minor demons would throw various spells, sometimes with disasterous effects, like the infamous Whirlwind fiasco that leveled an entire lawful town and all players in it until some one remembered the banish command.)

What you could do in that game that you cannot do in this is summon multiple friendlies. I think it would be cool to let you summon an extra friendly for every, say 10 skill levels.
Last edited by Ztinktoof on Wed Oct 09, 2002 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ztinktoof
Drakkars Moral Standard
Avatar (C) WIlliam Li: http://elfwood.lysator.liu.se/loth/w/i/william/
KaM Guild Website: http://mywebpages.comcast.net/ctanzio/kam.html

Morgar

Post by Morgar »

Find Friendly in its current incarnation is useful only if you want to give the crits something else to target. Currently you can FF

a bear at skill 12
a roc at skill 14
a red dragon at skill 17
a silver dragon at skill 25

One wonders why there is such a large gap between the red and the silver? Realistically, in my mind at least, something should be in the middle there, say a Black Dragon at skill 20 or 21.

I'd like to see some measure of control over the crit you bring in. If nothing else, the ability to set him to defend you. I've seen dragons I've brought in wander off the screen chasing some bow crit while I'm still zoo'd. Additionally the crits should be smart enough to notice an attack having no effect and switching to alternative attack modes. Maybe thats asking too much, but it only seems reasonable, if fire breath has no effect on a crit, switch to claws.

Morgar

Useful Drakkar files for Heros and Cowards: http://www.northernwebs.com/drakkar

Roland

Post by Roland »

Morgar,

They are trying to defend and protect ya, that's why he's wondering offscreen protecting you from that bow crit <g> He doesn't want that bow crit to hit his master with an arrow <g>
SirRoland,
Follower of The Old Code
"Call what you need of me. Ask what you will of me. My sword, my service are yours !"

Migam

Post by Migam »

Off topic but replying to a reply about the fireball, it would be nice to have that super hot 1x1 (bonfire) that lasted quite a few rounds to 1) stand in while crits jump in and die and more importantly 2) where it's limited to one hex to prevent the accidental deaths from AE spells. I believe icestorm was able to be shrunk down also. Same with darkness. I played that game and loved those features as well as having multiple djs follow you for add'l firepower and decoys. Alas, tha game's gone but after understanding how to play Drakkar, I barely care anymore.
Starfire: There are two wolves fighting in each man's heart. One is Love, the other is Hate.
Ghost: Which one wins?
Starfire: The one you feed the most.
---Pathfinder

Watcher

Post by Watcher »

I think high level ments should get psi/fire/cold resistant monkeys that can carry stuff and do simple commands.

Monkey, take shield;swap

Monkey, fight dragon

Monkey, take coins

Monkey,tug on superman's cape

er...well except for that last one. :>

Ichor

Post by Ichor »

Monkeys!??!!?!??? Sounds more like the Wizard of Oz kind of stuff! :)

Ichor

Rone

Post by Rone »

Gotta agree with Valarc there, I prefer RD over SD myself. I hate the knockdowns and lightning just isn't worth it(not much prot against it in Cob either, and ments prefer ningi rather than sd scale). I like the larger area hex disc and it doesn't hurt me. RD benefits me (and many others I would say) rather than SD majority of the time. Not saying take SD out, but enable a ment to choose to findfriend lower skilled creatures.

One idea if doing this would be: if just casting "findfriendly", the ment summons current skill creature, if "findfriendly <creature>, he/she would summon that creature. (Example "findfriend red dragon").