Guild Hall Upgrade

If you have an idea post it here
Stormwind

Guild Hall Upgrade

Post by Stormwind »

Brad,

Guild Halls are a cash cow waiting to be milked.

Now that you removed the limitation of Cob gear coming out of Cob, put all the lockers in UGH to make life easy for those who support the game. If someone did not complete the quest which gives them access to that area, just make it so they can't enter that hex.

Being able to look through all my lockers without moving between the games and being able to reorganize them from inside 1 room...

sigh...

Tirith
Title: The Raging Darge

Re: Guild Hall Upgrade

Post by Tirith »

on that note, count your Lower Guild Hall subs... Does anyone purchase lower and not upper? Maybe we can remove lower guild hall and just make it one.

Also, i think a guild hall portal directly to NL would be nice, as well as a portal directly back to GH... We have one in SDC2, but thats just a wierd spot. Centralize it for all players maybe.

Volcom

Post by Volcom »

Talking about portals, there is also a portal from SDC3 to guildhall, but there is no portal from guildhall back to SDC3.

Omni
Admin
Admin

Post by Omni »

Stormwind wrote:
put all the lockers in UGH to make life easy for those who support the game.
There are some items in Nameless (Tier Scrolls) which cannot leave the scenario. I have to check, but I believe there are coding reasons for this. They may be addressable. Comments, thoughts about this? Think from a game balance perspective and tell us if you can think of any other concerns.
Account and Billing issues: help@drakkarzone.com
E-mail: Omni.sysop@gmail.com
Twitter: @OmniSysop
http://www.facebook.com/omni.sysop
Send me Ideas, Suggestions, Bugs or Complaints!
Event Mailing list, send me an email with TELL ME OMNI in the subject!

Migam

Post by Migam »

Omni wrote:
Stormwind wrote:
There are some items in Nameless (Tier Scrolls) which cannot leave the scenario. I have to check, but I believe there are coding reasons for this. They may be addressable. Comments, thoughts about this? Think from a game balance perspective and tell us if you can think of any other concerns.
There are in temporal flux... that's it. Same with GrD hearts, golem essence, NL cons, medusa gem. I cannot just hunt in peace when I get one, I have to rush to a locker because I don't know if the FE will crash, a game stutter, node, disconnect and frankly I can't stand it. The only reason I can see for this is so that non-NL subs cannot learn tiers or raise their con unless they pay the NL sub. The rest of the list... I don't get.

I would have loved to bring them to Nork and store on free lockers but even if they didn't poof, I'll bet there will be temporal discontuity, another peeve. I have brew flowers, brewed pots, stuck on free locker accounts. I literally raided my free lockers for anything important stored from NL in case something else changed without warning. Now they're Cob items because 2 NL lockers aren't enough. Not to mention not being able to remove anything Cob-made from my free lockers (like 14 cheques made long ago).

Why not just prevent a player from utilizing a tier, drinking a NL con, equipping a Cob items in Nork under 20 vs cannot pickup, move, sack, locker, unlocker? This is done with UGH pots drank outside UGH, pots from other alts. There is no game inbalance from tiers leaving NL if you cannot learn em til you're X/X and need an NL sub.
Starfire: There are two wolves fighting in each man's heart. One is Love, the other is Hate.
Ghost: Which one wins?
Starfire: The one you feed the most.
---Pathfinder

Omni
Admin
Admin

Post by Omni »

Temporal Flux is a game mechanic which was intended to make items fragile in nature. It's intent was not to prevent items from going to Nameless, that was just a secondary effect which happened to serve our needs of keeping advanced content which required a upgraded subscription from being distributed prior to that subscription being paid for.

With the current roadmap that Brad is on with regards to Mobile development and simplified game mechanics, now may be a good time to discuss Temporal Flux and determine if we need to alter that mechanic.

Omni
Admin
Admin

Post by Omni »

Migam wrote:
Omni wrote:
Stormwind wrote:
There are in temporal flux
I have opened a discussion with the other sysops and Brad about Temporal Flux as a game mechanic.

Let's skip that for now and move on. Are there any other game balance concerns you can think of?

We might be able to add a flag to all items generated in Nameless and making it so that Nameless flagged items cannot be equipped/used by an account which does not have that subscription.