more hybrid classes

If you have an idea post it here
skaarsonofhulk

more hybrid classes

Post by skaarsonofhulk »

I'm sure this has been brought up before, but figured id throw my 2 cents in on it. I thought maybe we could add some more hybrid classes like F/M's. Maybe a thief/MA mix could call it a ninja, have it have some armor penalties like the MA but more natural PSI deterent that the MA and have some "sneaky" style abilities but not completely along the thief line( maybe give them BS but no chain BS, something like this). Another i was thinking was a general magic user, a class that has some healing abilities and some prot/damage abilites, obviously you wouldnt give them a full range on either ability type, but you know stop them at teleport on ment side( obviously skip some of the more ment specific abilities: enchant, imbue, deplete) and on the healer side stop before they get to the Powerwords( once again skip abilities like atone, etc.) and since 3 classes are allready based on the fighter i figured you could go for a healer/fighter combo too, not hit as hard as a paladin or have any area skills of the healer, but simply a stick who can heal itself and psi/stun prot itself.

like i said im sure this has been brought up before, was just an idea i figured id throw out there

Migam

Re: more hybrid classes

Post by Migam »

I suggested similar before and hopefully your idea will be looked at.

There was a ninja class I think as a maus reward for one person I think. Dunno if it was all that. Nowadays, ppl just sideskill thievery on any class and can hide/bs. You'd have to bs with gaunts to gain in thievery/MA and I dunno if holding gaunts means you block with MA skill or not cause it would suck to bs, lose hide and it used maceclass for blocking lol. I always wanted a ninja, maybe if there was a ninja-only robe and gaunts for the cool factor lol.

As far as other combos, many are doing the sideskill leech to end up with unusual stuff. I had a guildee whose healer was sk30 in MA and Mace so he could use psi, hit with mace or sweep. An MA with healer powers would be nice, call it a monk.

What I hope for is a new class. Something very different like a druid, ranger, sorceror/necromancer.
The druid could use nature for it's attacks, use findfriendly for diff types of pets, heal, do better in forests.

The ranger could be deadly with bow and maybe have a setting that autoswitches to melee weap or can use that bow for melee damage (would have to be a heaaavy bow). Triplespecced in bow upon ded so it's not just another class sideskilling bow. That would lead to a decent bow being added to game too.

Sorceror can use more evil type of attacks with maybe some healer type damage like psicrush mixed in or necromancer class with undeadlike type of attacks where FF calls the undead as pets (bone dragon? mmm) but if both are like ment, it might be a duplication.

One issue though is adding new tiers to game for each new class and refarming those areas again esp. the areas that you have to live in. You could also allow the new class to learn different tiers. Ranger could have fm tiers for accuracy and MA tiers for inclose melee. Mix and match.

Of course, my suggestion came with another suggestion. A fifth slot ! But Brad said long ago that the problem with that is redoing a lot of stuff as everything, from lobby to billing to program is based on 4. I'd hate to RR a slot but I will get rid of 2nd barb to get something new to play with!
Starfire: There are two wolves fighting in each man's heart. One is Love, the other is Hate.
Ghost: Which one wins?
Starfire: The one you feed the most.
---Pathfinder

skaarsonofhulk

Post by skaarsonofhulk »

Yeah i figured tiers and class only gear would be the big issue, but im sure Brad could find plenty of people willing to cast there vote and decide on some new tiers, and then its just a question of implementing them, gear is a harder question, every class in the game has something that is that class only it seems, and considering most of them are from lairs, in order to add new-class gear you would either have to add a whole new area or a new lair. Which would take some time and thought, but they did it not to long ago with voltron and stunrah, neither of those are quite as high importance as the ideas we are talking about, but it could be done

evilfear

Post by evilfear »

I think adding in ranger class or necromancer class would be neat. With necromancers their spells could just be heavy ep usage for summoning their own version of find friendlys. Spells could be like ments in terms of prots with probably one that could vamp like a dot. Maybe being an Evil class and losing its brotherhood if turned good. Ranger class would be neat to see with its emphasis on bows. and like Migam said "The ranger could be deadly with bow and maybe have a setting that autoswitches to melee weap or can use that bow for melee damage (would have to be a heaaavy bow). Triplespecced in bow upon dedication so it's not just another class side skilling bow. "
Everything in due time. Would be nice to see either of these implemented into the game.
Evilfear a paladin. I once parried when I should have healed.