Drakkar is going to die... Suggestions to bring Drak Back

If you have an idea post it here
JadeAmber

Re: Drakkar is going to die... Suggestions to bring Drak Bac

Post by JadeAmber »

I have become a dedicated free player of Drakkar. I know this will color everything I have to say here, but honesty is important. Make no mistake ... I am loyal to Drakkar. I paid an account or two for many years. But I assure you that we need free players. Many of them with money to spend will become pay players. But the free player restrictions are not helping Drakkar become newbie friendly. I understand the theory ... and it worked. We chased away free players. No one starts playing a game for the end game. We have been catering to players who need new content because they are the ones who pay for the game. We keep feeding that beast and we lose any 'community' for new players. Community is why we play and one of the biggest 'selling points' when trying to attract new players. The selling point for a game this rich should never be that you can 'speed level' a crit to the end game quickly.
Keep your paying customers happy is a good idea. I hope they live a really long time.

I would like to see an active alt 1 ... it is the best way to get/keep new players that didn't get dragged in by a veteran. I will be there.

BlackmooreEDGE

Post by BlackmooreEDGE »

Hey all, its been awhile.

I agree with being able to run an expired pay account on a F2P basis with some limitations. Alt-1 would a whole lot busier than it is now. (I would like to say a 100x busier but that might be stretching it abit.) I have been playing an old F2P account for a couple of weeks and have only seen 3 others players at most and they were AFK in the SF. (Could also be my timezone) Most low level dungeons are untouched, doors closed, no mess, no activity. If I wasn't a past player and know how great this game is I doubt I would have hung around longer than one visit.

Had a bit of a run on the android version. This would be my preferred method of play if it is ever finished. Good work so far Brad.

Anyways, I'll stick around a while in alt-1,.... might see you there JadeAmber.

-BlackmooreEDGE

Merlin

Post by Merlin »

Hey Blackmoore :)

its been a while!!!
Elessar: karbeck is a sweety

Skip

Post by Skip »

Not been playing much over the last 6 months, but some things remain the same over the years.

New content drives player interest.

1. I'd like to see some individual or group quests that can be accomplished in a 60 to 90 minute period with unique rewards or upgrade (even if minor) to an existing gear item; and I'd really like it to be something like the NL Bandit5 "instant" - so ya don't have to trip over other groups, while allowing other groups to do their own group quests.

2. Some recipe clues for the sdc3 town Armor quest is sorely needed, or an increase in Chum drops. As it is now, no one seems to know what ingredients are needed much less how many chum - or what Brew Skill is even needed.

3. Any chance of lifting the hard cap on exp / skill ? Would be nice to start making some headway on 86-41 even if only to prevent an eat/drain slide from 85-40.

4. What's the deal with the wall around NL bog? also now seeing some ghosting of the walls in Mormar...

5. Any thought given to Brewing specialty potions, like Exp or skill rate boost potions ?

6. Not sure why the BDC / SDC bottles in sack can get broken by baddies - Anyone understand why this adverse-player-friendly feature was ever added to the game ?

That's my 2 cents for now, not sure anyone even reads the forums any more,

~ Buzz-Skip__KAM ~

Wolverine2

Post by Wolverine2 »

Heh, I only looked over your post briefly... But hints for SDC3 armor quest was given. You must EXPERIMENT (now who summons experiments) with the recipe. Brad also added that it must be cooked in a skull with some acid. Hmm, seems pretty obvious to me

Omni
Admin
Admin

Post by Omni »

Skip wrote:Not been playing much over the last 6 months, but some things remain the same over the years.

New content drives player interest.

1. I'd like to see some individual or group quests that can be accomplished in a 60 to 90 minute period with unique rewards or upgrade (even if minor) to an existing gear item; and I'd really like it to be something like the NL Bandit5 "instant" - so ya don't have to trip over other groups, while allowing other groups to do their own group quests.

2. Some recipe clues for the sdc3 town Armor quest is sorely needed, or an increase in Chum drops. As it is now, no one seems to know what ingredients are needed much less how many chum - or what Brew Skill is even needed.

3. Any chance of lifting the hard cap on exp / skill ? Would be nice to start making some headway on 86-41 even if only to prevent an eat/drain slide from 85-40.

4. What's the deal with the wall around NL bog? also now seeing some ghosting of the walls in Mormar...

5. Any thought given to Brewing specialty potions, like Exp or skill rate boost potions ?

6. Not sure why the BDC / SDC bottles in sack can get broken by baddies - Anyone understand why this adverse-player-friendly feature was ever added to the game ?

~ Buzz-Skip__KAM ~

New content drives player interest. (Brad and I are both working on items, different paths, different content - I will say I have peeked at Brad's and it is pretty cool)

I agree, time is always a factor but I would like to see small quests and some 'Alerian' style random global drops.

A few people have solved this - I think Brad let something slip recently to this affect

I will be working on (harassing) Brad to see if we can add a bit of padding to the Xp/Skill caps

It is due to new functionality Brad added. The walls are necessary because of changes to how maps are rendered - this is a good thing, I almost want to take a vacation just so I can write something to take advantage of it).

Yes, new crafting functionality is coming - slowly but I am making progress. Brewing is no longer an appropriate term for what you will be able to do with that skill.

Sometimes developers try new things to change the 'feel' of encounters or areas. The point is not to be mean to players but to offer new challenges and make it so players have to change strategies from area to area - this actually makes the game more interesting. It doesn't always work out how we intended.

I always read the forums :-)

-Omni
Account and Billing issues: help@drakkarzone.com
E-mail: Omni.sysop@gmail.com
Twitter: @OmniSysop
http://www.facebook.com/omni.sysop
Send me Ideas, Suggestions, Bugs or Complaints!
Event Mailing list, send me an email with TELL ME OMNI in the subject!

Omni
Admin
Admin

Post by Omni »

BlackmooreEDGE wrote:Hey all, its been awhile.

I agree with being able to run an expired pay account on a F2P basis with some limitations. Alt-1 would a whole lot busier than it is now. (I would like to say a 100x busier but that might be stretching it abit.) I have been playing an old F2P account for a couple of weeks and have only seen 3 others players at most and they were AFK in the SF. (Could also be my timezone) Most low level dungeons are untouched, doors closed, no mess, no activity. If I wasn't a past player and know how great this game is I doubt I would have hung around longer than one visit.

Had a bit of a run on the android version. This would be my preferred method of play if it is ever finished. Good work so far Brad.

Anyways, I'll stick around a while in alt-1,.... might see you there JadeAmber.

-BlackmooreEDGE

Welcome (back) Blackmoore - that is a fairly old guild name, isn't it?
Account and Billing issues: help@drakkarzone.com
E-mail: Omni.sysop@gmail.com
Twitter: @OmniSysop
http://www.facebook.com/omni.sysop
Send me Ideas, Suggestions, Bugs or Complaints!
Event Mailing list, send me an email with TELL ME OMNI in the subject!

Wolverine2

Post by Wolverine2 »

I'd just like to point out that 3 years ago there was a concern that Drakkar was going to die. Has that concern even come close to true? No lol. In fact for one of the holiday events we had over 100 or 150 or something around that. I think most of that is due to the development the sysops have done. It has added a bit more to the end game, and I'd love for it to keep going.

However, that's not the point of this post. I just want to ask that we refrain from bringing a "dead" post back to life if it's more than like a year old unless it for sure, absolutely, positively can not be separated from the original post. I could go an bring back the mausoleum post (over like 20 pages of posts) if I really wanted to :lol: . I'm pretty sure that there would be a large flame about bringing back a really old dead beaten horse topic though.

JadeAmber

Post by JadeAmber »

Wolverine2 wrote:I'd just like to point out that 3 years ago there was a concern that Drakkar was going to die. Has that concern even come close to true? No lol. In fact for one of the holiday events we had over 100 or 150 or something around that. I think most of that is due to the development the sysops have done. It has added a bit more to the end game, and I'd love for it to keep going.

However, that's not the point of this post. I just want to ask that we refrain from bringing a "dead" post back to life if it's more than like a year old unless it for sure, absolutely, positively can not be separated from the original post. I could go an bring back the mausoleum post (over like 20 pages of posts) if I really wanted to :lol: . I'm pretty sure that there would be a large flame about bringing back a really old dead beaten horse topic though.
The issue is not dead. For those holiday events how many were new players? There are two sides to dying ... without new players the game, logically, cannot live longer than the players themselves. Maybe Brad has no concern about his creation out living him ... but as a creative soul myself, I doubt it.

The assertion that "new content drives player interest" is also erroneous in terms of new players. Especially when the new content is for the game elite.

The work put into getting the game to play on hand held devices is probably necessary to bring in young people ... but not, in and of itself, sufficient.

Chance

Post by Chance »

Flicked through a couple pages of this forum thread.

Got to say some kind of limited free play for crits that were paid at some point seems to make sense.

Get some of us back roaming nork helping newbies while we are feeling a little poor or don't have the time to justify paying to play a game.

Myself if I could pop on occasionally see my main characters and see the place I started out in <Nork> but without really any ability to make gains I would be one hell of a lot more likely to 1 hang around and advise new players and 2 pay up my account so I could gain some skill/exp or lovely lovely items.

Any way glad y'all still here,,, never let drakkar die.