New Mid Level Gear.

If you have an idea post it here
WabbitMonster

New Mid Level Gear.

Post by WabbitMonster »

With all the new updates of gameplay that have been initiated since the last time. I have been thinking of the gear a person needs while growing. It seems that while one was growing at a smaller level that there was a larger option for each class to wear and use other gear. But once we hit level 50 and get more game play in NL everyone is limited to only certian gear. We hit level 70 and everyone is wearing the same gear. weither its a barbarian or a healer. How about putting in some random drops in NL be it in mormar or bog, or Forge or where ever for intermediate gear. Even using the same artwork that is already used elsewhere in the game, just give it different attributes. For instance. the theif cloak from Aleria. Give it some defensive and offensive adds and maybe even a boost to hide or agaility. And make it theif only. And maybe a robe like that from Cob for barbarians only with the same thing. And a slith Cloak for Mentalists and Healers but give it just a little tweek. This way they have an option to wear that gear prior to spending the long hours that I have spent before trying to get one feather to drop off gatherers to trade for the farmer robe. Yes I know there is the merkon and the lich robes available. But what im getting at is the same old same old gear for everyone be they a healer, or a barbarian.

Even though I couldnt use the gear that dropped due to the fact I was playing a different type of character so it was of no use to me. IE: MA sandles and I was Playing my Mentalist. It was almost like christmas when I would do a search and see those sitting on the loot list. It was even the same way in Undead City when I would see espear bracers, mummy boots, PSI Crush Ammys on the hex even though I already had the items it was still like a little present to see them on the hex.

I dont think it would take too awful much to encode this little extra items into the game and with how much it would help break up the monotony of exping and skilling to see a little something extra in the pile from time to time. It does not have to be a drop all the time but just something a little extra random from time to time.

Any comments from players beyond this point or anyone up and comming please feel free to post. Im not asking for new game content (New Hunting Areas) just a little eye candy for the areas that are still lacking in my opinion. So everyone does not look like everyone else at that level when we all stand side by side.

WabbitMonster.

evilfear

Re: New Mid Level Gear.

Post by evilfear »

In response to this I would have to agree. new mid lvl gear even if its recycled graphics would be nice. It would give back the old feeling of nork, cob and aleria where there was a diversity of gear. Having to wear different gear for hunts or killing was and still is the best part I have known playing a pally.

The diversity in gear and prots / attributes was what made keeping that gear worth while. For mid lvl gear to higher end gear could do some of the following: Allow Bog witches to drop e-lance prot robes, allow forgottens or any melee crits to drop any of the loot that was put in morm originally for lvl 25-50 crits. The bracers and rings that are useless for first time lvl 50s with the morm lvl cap; exception being the lvl 50 required ones.

Even allowing some cob gear to be used outside of cob would be nice. It would help in the transition from 25-56.While most cob gear would not be able to leave due to its balance issue in the game, some gear should be made exceptions. The main rings / sash's that drop from lairs in cob.

I think even allowing the armors and weapons to leave cob would be good along with cob youth pots. There's never really enough of them when most of your time is spent using greatly aging abilities. The armors and weapons might seem questionable but in high end game; who doesn't want to wear the better gear?

I believe it would fix some of the problems for all crits in the mid lvl transition and those that chose to enter NL. One good example for gear,I think would be nice; is allowing an E-lance prot robe or designing / using a useless robe from sdc. The situation being Bog witches, who can hit a lvl 78 Paladin for 2,158 wearing two martons, a hero sash and psi eering.These witches easily one shot fresh lvl 50's who are still susceptible to wrack / scare until lvl 65 and unrelenting % shred attacks no one is safe from lvl wise. Even a robe designed to prot from shred attacks would be nice that could drop from the % hitters in bog or elsewhere.

By creating new gear, recycling current gear with no real adds or allowing the transfer from cob of gear I believe it could really help fill the gap. Allowing surface crits to drop this potential loot would be just as Wabbitmonster say's "like a little present to see them on the hex."Even allowing quests to improve nork gear or those sdc robes to mid lvl to high end lvl would be good.I do not mean to rant, but a trial period for this would be a good time with all the recent changes that have been made and still are being.
Evilfear a paladin. I once parried when I should have healed.