Thieves and a 'fog of war'

If you have an idea post it here
nunnbt473

Thieves and a 'fog of war'

Post by nunnbt473 »

A fog of war for darkness, sort of a transparency or a color distortion. Hell I would even take a giant number of the heck counting down how many turns before it faded.

I may have mentioned this in the past, not sure. But this is especially important for thieves I feel since darkness will hide you in open areas. It know if darkness is actively on the hex you are at or within viewing distance. Anywhere there is darkness, even if you have IV on you should be able to see where it is at. I mean even animals that see in the dark still know if its night out or not. This can easily be the difference between life and death if you are standing in the middle of ML and you dont realize your darkness has disappeared. Perhaps even a warning message 2 rounds out saying "The fog is starting to dissipate". Perhaps make it a quirk or something or a skill requirement.

This can also be beneficial to party members since thieves may naturally try to head towards these areas for protection to be able to figure out in advance A) the likelyhood they are to need a heal in the coming round or two and B) which direction the fight is moving. Nothing quite like missing a pword heal because a thief tried to jump half a screen away to stay in a shadow and the healer misses and he dies anyway.

Granted not a huge thing, but useful none the less.
----------
Just say no to fate cards.