DZ Lobby addition for..

If you have an idea post it here
nunnbt473

DZ Lobby addition for..

Post by nunnbt473 »

Long story short Ive noticed as I talk to 3-4 people in the same day that I dont talk to regularly that I tend to go back the next day like wait. I know it was one of you that I was supposed to give a pot to and someone I loaned a ring to. Can't remember for the life of me, and no wonder when the screen name is the only association I have to build my memory on. An avatar or a facebook sized thumbnail of an actual picture next to a PM or on mouse over would be nice.

Also since double logging is quite doable and you can get many DZ icons in the taskbar near the clock, it would be nice if on mouse over they said the account name instead of just DZ Lobby so you didn't have to open them all. Not a big thing, but it would be nice to be a little lazier than usual.

Would also be nice to have an option where other people could see the names of your crits if you choose to enable it. Would also make tracking people down easier.

Also I think silver accounts should have silver bubbles not gold *G*
Maybe something platinum or chrome for people with both silver/gold and at least 1 UGH or heck a dot color for every combination.. if they supporting drakkar then let it be known. And if they want classic colors then give an option to disable the dot or have a generic open circle instead if they dont want to advertise having a fat wallet.

The ability to turn a sound on/off for when any buddy or a specific buddy logs on might be useful for those people we talk to 24/7 or are waiting to get on for a hunt so we can surf the web without having to tab over every 2 minutes.
----------
Just say no to fate cards.

nunnbt473

Re: DZ Lobby addition for..

Post by nunnbt473 »

As a perk for gold members or between any crits with UGH. I think it would be cool if you could launch a mini program to see in all your lockers and quickly be able to swap things around provided they are in the same scenario. Ex: Slot 2 thief locker to slot 1 nork locker or cob bank to nork bank..etc. It would take a fair bit of coding but I think most upper sized players would find it useful and it wouldnt throw gameplay out of balance.
----------

nunnbt473

Post by nunnbt473 »

And as AmandaKiss mentioned in DZ the other day.. offline PMs :)
----------

Mars
Admin
Admin

Post by Mars »

offline PMs can be done through forums

Mars
Admin
Admin

Post by Mars »

[quote="nunnbt473"]Long story short Ive noticed as I talk to 3-4 people in the same day that I dont talk to regularly that I tend to go back the next day like wait. I know it was one of you that I was supposed to give a pot to and someone I loaned a ring to. Can't remember for the life of me, and no wonder when the screen name is the only association I have to build my memory on. An avatar or a facebook sized thumbnail of an actual picture next to a PM or on mouse over would be nice.

Also since double logging is quite doable and you can get many DZ icons in the taskbar near the clock, it would be nice if on mouse over they said the account name instead of just DZ Lobby so you didn't have to open them all. Not a big thing, but it would be nice to be a little lazier than usual.

I'm just going to respond to one comment here. On my task bar, when I hold the mouse over the icon, a text box appears above the icon which copies the title bar from the lobby, so yes, I know which icon is for which account.

Some of the other ideas are good too.

nunnbt473

Post by nunnbt473 »

When I hold my mouse over it in the clock area, it doesnt copy the full title bar :(. Maybe thats another win7 issue? Or is it only designed to do that on the full button taskbar?

And as for me, I try to go out of my way not to get on forums. As many games as I play if I checked the forums for every one of them I would never get anything done. Besides, what if you dont even know the forum name of the person whose DZ you are trying to reach? Ex: Leaving a note for someone about a random DP after they sign off.
----------

nunnbt473

Post by nunnbt473 »

Another half random thought, the pause scroll feature is quite nice, but what about an 'auto version of that. Anytime the chat is not scrolled all the way down it begins like a 15 second timer, each time you move the chat window it resets the timer, after that it auto snaps back to the bottom.

Again a very minor thing, but Ive seen it on some other programs and found it to be rather nice.
----------