Saiyans, Super Saiyans, Gokus, Gohans, Piccolos, Vegetas...

If you have an idea post it here
Migam

Saiyans, Super Saiyans, Gokus, Gohans, Piccolos, Vegetas...

Post by Migam »

Figured I'd make a thread so all negative references to MA class using Dragonball Z as a point of reference can be consolidated and discussed here as opposed to constantly derailing other threads.

Why are MAs so overpowered?!
Why some barbs feel inferior to them?!
How to fix this?! (that's the Submit an Idea part!)

Discuss !!
Starfire: There are two wolves fighting in each man's heart. One is Love, the other is Hate.
Ghost: Which one wins?
Starfire: The one you feed the most.
---Pathfinder

Cobra

Re: Saiyans, Super Saiyans, Gokus, Gohans, Piccolos, Vegetas...

Post by Cobra »

I guess the main reason is the people that are complaining about the classes now haven't been around enough to see the wheel go all the way around.

Barbs were good in nork, then tkd got rp and MAs were 'overpowered'. Personally I was never in this crowd, because at skill 26 in nork, you deserve to throw out some damage. Then cob came out and barbs disappeared. MAs then got the ability to pool off of cob hit docs, and then they were seen as the overpowered ones again. Arg was a great feature at around the same time as UD. People at least got their mains back out. GK2 caused everyone to roll a barb. NL came out and barbs sucked again, though MAs weren't that much better either, with just upgraded vamps and no armor. Once barbs got to 56, they could do mormar decent solo. NL (the boss) was put in and both got better armor. This helped MAs more than barbs. RG really helped out MAs with both boots and gaunts for new weapons. Then quirks were put in and barbs got 100% fury and very nice to-hit quirks, MAs got 100% AA. Riposte had barbs ahead until it was fixed, now MAs are viewed as overpowered.

Though really, I remember forum topics way back in the day with healers and ments discussing which class was overpowered because of uzi regen. People used to see pallies as the favored class because saber was good aligned and all pallies were LS. When tkd's wife got ms, people started going at the pallies for op. Every class at some point has been called op.

Play the class you like and let others do the same. There's always going to be the people that roll a certain class because it's the best at that time. Once the best class switches, they switch as well.

Cobra

Teh_Cheat

Post by Teh_Cheat »

Great post Cobra.

The game has always been cyclical. There is always a new fad everytime people discover how great a certain item or class can be.

I don't have a problem with the power of an MA at top end content. They do have great offensive power, but are very susceptible to damage from psionic and melee damage.

The problem most of us have is just their use in powerleveling players in UD and Mormar which isn't so much as a problem with MAs because most of the classes in the game are able to do some sort of AoE damage. It's just that MAs are the most efficient because they are the greatest offensively and can survive with ease in the lower-end dungeons of the game.
SIN

Merlin

Post by Merlin »

level the playing field and make Ments Tempurics 100% anti-friendly fire and cost 100 ep less each..

Then we can have a post saying Ments are over powered!

But seriously I agree with cobra and John, the game goes in cycles. MA's might be the knife edge today but tomorrow(or in 3 years) who knows what's going to happen.

There could be a new area where only a Crystal type weapon does damage and there isnt any crystal gaunts!!

But there could be a crystal Halberd and Crystal Teirs, Barbs and ments and pallys back to the top!

Roll one of each class and max it out while your waiting for new features to be implemented, then when the time comes you'll be at the knife edge.

I remember when GK2 and Sassy was introduced, everyone rolled barbs, once we started killing laz, everyone rolled thief's, once Ments got teirs 1/2/3 and were soloing sekora everyone rolled a ment, once MA's got killer grips everyone rolled an MA, and like cobra said, once there was a Sabre in game everyone rolled a LS Pally, once people discovered that F/M's helped a load on the first Merkon hunts they rolled a F/M.

Spend enough time here and you will see the full cycle.
Elessar: karbeck is a sweety