Selective Transmute

If you have an idea post it here
Quaternion

Selective Transmute

Post by Quaternion »

I would like to see the ability to selectively transmute items within the search window. For example say if u spent a day in ud5 and got 255+ boots and think maybe some moonies at bottom of pile, you could transmute the trash boots and see if any moonies are there. Same goes for pots or robes etc..

GenRalph

Re: Selective Transmute

Post by GenRalph »

I definately like this idea.

Another possible solution would be to increase the "ground" window limitations so All items on hex are shown. Simply having the Total count on hex of each type of boot (in this examble) shown next to its thumbnail on the right side of the window would greatly improve the ability to search a hex. This would also let you see the "special" items more easily if they are taged as a different type of that given item.
Don't blame the darkness, its only following its nature... instead ask why your light isn't brighter

Glorifel
Connan
Silhouette
Perseus

Acaciam

Post by Acaciam »

Don't know if its front end limitations or what, but seems doable, would benefit all.
Has my vote.

Martialarts

Post by Martialarts »

That Makes way to much sense! Or even how about can only transmute items see? might be the way to go no?
The MA
DEATH IS SWEET

nunnbt473

Post by nunnbt473 »

Too easy, just form transmute <value> and it will only pop things below that value. Then all players have to do is appraise a couple of items (like moon boots) before going in to know what to set the level to. I wouldnt think it overly hard to create that kind of comparison... though I do foresee it causing more lag when using the disc with the added parameter. I do like it in concept though.
----------
Just say no to fate cards.

nunnbt473

Post by nunnbt473 »

The original idea would be difficult since some items of value might actually be currently set to a lower value than its trash counter parts in theory. And if its not value based it means it has to be individually based on an item which means youd have to set a 'junk' flag on dozens if not hundreds or even thousands of items. Honestly if I had the knowledge and access Id glad go through and set flags on everything, but sadly I don't see it happening. All the same though, I have to ask.

Why are we not funding this?
----------

JadeAmber

Post by JadeAmber »

I was under the impression that 255 was the pile LIMIT ... (which would be to say that "255+" has no meaning).

Is not the actual problem that the right panel only shows 93 of the 255? So it should work equally well if xmute only hits the right panel? Are the right panel entries random?, ordered?, or even determined by the character?

nunnbt473

Post by nunnbt473 »

I won't swear to it as I have never seen the code or heard from official source. But I believe the items actually go above 255.

As for the items displayed. I believe it is stored in some kind of array so it looks something like this.

[][]
[type][subType]

so [armor][leathers] 0 0 = leather, 0 1 = leather, 0 2 = studded, 0 3 = etc.. etc etc. It displays these in ABC (or 0123) order. So if you drink the top 0-3 it displays 4-5-6-7.

Youll notice this in areas like uther or multi where items stack up quite a bit. You can pick up scales and still see 255 of them, or bottles when pot hunting. You also will find things like pots if you drink a ton safe potions

Edit:
Er maybe triple array not double.. whatever, you get the idea. But the hex holds more than 255. You also see this when you xmute large piles that supposedly have 255 gems in nork and it overflows on some hexs by a LOT and not at all on others. More so than just random difference in gems should be.
----------

Wolverine2

Post by Wolverine2 »

I will vouch that it does go above 255. I believe you can do count item (gems) to see the actual value

JadeAmber

Post by JadeAmber »

I had forgotten about 'count'. I know coins have their own rules, but it would be interesting if absolute limit on everything were 500k

nunnbt473

Post by nunnbt473 »

Things like bank accounts and coins on hex have been tweaked over time I believe, so its hard to say for sure. Since the items actually go over 255, my guess would be their theoretical limit is somewhere around 32,000 unless its been limited otherwise. There is probably something that just trys to add it after 32k and if ti cant it either destroys it or replaces the first or last item..etc.

Though logically there is probably a hidden soft cap, but we know better than to get logic involved in this.
----------

Sneekydude
Title: NoUse

Post by Sneekydude »

Quaternion wrote:I would like to see the ability to selectively transmute items within the search window. For example say if u spent a day in ud5 and got 255+ boots and think maybe some moonies at bottom of pile, you could transmute the trash boots and see if any moonies are there. Same goes for pots or robes etc..
I support this idea!
I HATE when I have 255 boots, I gotta move them all just to see if I can get me some nice ones.
I wouldn't mind if common gear rotted faster then rare.
---===***What is life with out a little CHAOS.....***===---
http://kaos.azurewebsites.net/

nunnbt473

Post by nunnbt473 »

Thats an interesting idea. Giving all items a 'lifetime' stat and scavengers..etc only picking up things that have rotted/decayed enough (or gotten enough dust to be tastey.. w/e).
----------

JadeAmber

Post by JadeAmber »

The solution seemed twofold: Go thru full list of items and make sure their assigned value is in line with player demand and put a 'governor' on the disc, either as a percent (like traps) or as a max value option.

The question is whether Brad is inclined.