Add a KILLER bow in Nameless and further quest in mormar

If you have an idea post it here
shadeth

Add a KILLER bow in Nameless and further quest in mormar

Post by shadeth »

Please make a KILLER bow. I don't care if it is a shortbow, longbow, or crossbow. I just want to be able to use the skill I have built for years in Drakkar and have something comparable to other player's weapons. [NOTE: The brewed bow is not up to the task, even though it takes longer to get the components than all of the killer components!!]

Once there is a killer bow, I would like to see two more Mormar npcs added. Both that alter the bow into one of the two other types. Example, if the refuge npc gives you a shortbow then the first Mormar dude can make it into a crossbow. Then the next mormar dude can make it into a longbow.

Some further suggestions: The shortbow should have good hide. The crossbow should have better hide, since it cost you more to enhance. And the longbow should have bad hide, but hits a lot harder. The shortbow could hit like the KILLER dagger, the crossbow a bit harder, and the longbow the hardest of the three. If the bows cannot have the same hitting range and hold the Mormar improvements, as other killer weapons, then there is no value in it. Otherwise, it will be as unused as the brew bow.

Thanks.

Quaternion

Re: Add a KILLER bow in Nameless and further quest in mormar

Post by Quaternion »

Firstly I wonder why you bothered skilling bow when u knew there wasnt a killer. I like having the only killer bow, but i understand thats somewhat selfish, so putting aside my own selfishness i do agree that a killer bow would be a nice addition to the game. My selfish side however says no no no its mine ner ner ner ner ner! :) GDH2 bow could do with an upgrade at the very least though.

Quat

Volcom

Post by Volcom »

Speaking of bows, where are all the arrows?

Quaternion

Post by Quaternion »

i have got some cupid arrows in my lockers, been waiting for a moment to use them on you volcom

Volcom

Post by Volcom »

Quaternion wrote:i have got some cupid arrows in my lockers, been waiting for a moment to use them on you volcom
I want what he's on

Quaternion

Post by Quaternion »

It's crack, i find its very moorish though

shadeth

Post by shadeth »

Quat,

Concerning your question, "Firstly I wonder why you bothered skilling bow when u knew there wasnt a killer" : I skilled the bow before NL existed. Getting to 29th skill took years; it began in Nork when it was the only land, then my skill grew when Aleria was released, and then finally when Cobrahn was released. So killers didn't exist, but there were some very fun and hard to get bows along the road (poison bow, evil nork xbow, alvery's super longbow, etc.) that kept my thief arsenal growing as my skill and power grew.

Your "one of a kind" bow will remain that way. It has a unique feature which the suggested killer bows won't have. Since it is your bow I will not say what that is here, but will let the mystic of it grow until you should decide to.

Thanks.

shadeth

Post by shadeth »

Volcom,

Your point is a good one, "Speaking of bows, where are all the arrows?", and I have often wondered why special arrows could not be held in the left hand to augment the attack of my bow.

Obviously, that would change the way bows currently work in Drakkar, which would mean taking developers and content people away from more important work - new content, new caps, new abilities, etc. But with that said, it would add more spice to the bows and what we can do with them: physical attack arrows versus using flaming arrows, etc. Even having killer arrows instead of killer bows, oh my, the imagination gets started. :lol:

Thanks.

Quaternion

Post by Quaternion »

I like the idea of killer arrows very much - could make many different times, different number of arrows in a quiver etc.. also could make it a non tied item so would add something to be traded.

Merlin

Post by Merlin »

Agreed, killer bow is needed, as is a Staff(with decent psi adds/bonus's)

The GDH2 bow is weak.

Quat, some people did actually play drak before Nameless was around you know :roll:
Elessar: karbeck is a sweety

Quaternion

Post by Quaternion »

Quat, some people did actually play drak before Nameless was around you know :roll:
Thanks merlin I would never have realized that, really helped me out in my knowledge of the game there. i've spoken to a few players and its true people did indeed skill before nl came out. Had I already known this I'm imagining your statement could have been read as a petty and sarcastic intent on reminding people that I have not been playing as long as you, and you played before nl land.

Fortunately I see this is not the case and you wouldn't stoop to such petty a retort.

Merlin

Post by Merlin »

i did stoop and yes it was sarcastic.

you got me wrong :)

Quaternion

Post by Quaternion »

ah i see, seems so did i, in the end

Migam

Post by Migam »

What? No cry for the Killer Axe, the poor forgotten 3rd weapon class sadly ignored? Raxe being the best non-Cob, non-barb, non-event axe is just sad and makes me weep.

(I threw this in since Killer staff idea was mentioned in this thread).
Starfire: There are two wolves fighting in each man's heart. One is Love, the other is Hate.
Ghost: Which one wins?
Starfire: The one you feed the most.
---Pathfinder

Merlin

Post by Merlin »

Agreed, killer weapon path is too linear,we should have one of each.

I thought each killer was supposed to have a different 'personality' that seems to have no effect, other than SS/Mace having stat adds.

Another empty promise probably.