Air hexes & wyverns in sdc

If you have an idea post it here
Ingmar

Air hexes & wyverns in sdc

Post by Ingmar »

Hello,

Ive noticed that alot of people are getting annoyed by the wyvern area..(sdc+2). The wyverns mostly die on air hexes and cant be searched that way. If someone is waitin in bog he can search the wyverns and get the talons while he didnt kill the wyvern himself..in my opinion that aint right.Ive got an idea wich i already adressed with some other people.

What bout a lvl 76+ spell, that can be obtained by a quest, wich give u a 15 secs ability to walk on air hexes. That way u can grab the body and search on every hex u want.. also, it takes away the annoying runnin away part from the wyvern killing.

I'd like to see how u all think bout this.

Ty,

Ingmar87

Pancho

Re: Air hexes & wyverns in sdc

Post by Pancho »

Ingmar wrote:Hello,

What bout a lvl 76+ spell, that can be obtained by a quest, wich give u a 15 secs ability to walk on air hexes. That way u can grab the body and search on every hex u want.. also, it takes away the annoying runnin away part from the wyvern killing.

Ingmar87
Yup. I like the idea !. Solves couple problems with sdc.

-Pancho

Darge
Title: The Raging Storm

Post by Darge »

I like things like this that give us unique new abilities, but in this case, the quickest solution is to have Brad remove the run code from the npc's AI the same that Pax did it for UD.
SIN
My father was a wolf, I'm a kinsman of the slain, Sworn to rise again
I will bring salvation, punishment and pain, The hammer of hate is our faith
Power and dominion are taken by the will, By divine right hail and kill

trav: you bad bad girl

Ingmar

Post by Ingmar »

Well, for a thief it still can be a pain since they can walk on air hexes.. so they shouldnt be able to move on the air either.. thats why i like the spell effect

Migam

Post by Migam »

A radical thought. At least in Mormar (unless this changed), if you move a corpse to another hex without searching it, when it rots, the loot drops where it died. I wondered why NL cons and coin dropped out of nowhere suspecting a hidden player.

I moved corpses to one pile, searched each time I added a corpse and had a nice pile where I wanted it. This helped when gear that ties dropped cause it was a "safe" spot of sorts.

Could/would Brad set the crit's killshot location (when airhex) to the last land hex it touched instead? Upon rotting, the goods would end up there. He can go the extra mile and have the corpse flop on that hex to be searched as well but he'd still have to reset the pointer in case it rots and loot ends back on the air hex then drops. The killer could have been prevented from getting to corpse due to node, FE crash or a crit parks there but sees your hide, etc.

Obviously the game tracks where it died, it can track the last land hex it touched and set ks-hex = last-land-hex. But please, only accessible hexes that don't require door, blast, passwall and are possible to go on; not on walls they might have gotten proned onto or land hexes no one can reach (upper Nork) if case the crit touches land we can't see.

Maybe not a realistic approach but viable. Maybe it's the call of the Earth pulling it's carcass back! A floating corpse is less realistic.
Starfire: There are two wolves fighting in each man's heart. One is Love, the other is Hate.
Ghost: Which one wins?
Starfire: The one you feed the most.
---Pathfinder

niko

Post by niko »

I think the flee code should definitely be removed from all the flying npcs in the wyvern area.

As for loot ending up in the air/bog in general I think it is fine as is. IMO the loot hassle for thieves is a fair trade-off for how easily thieves can solo the area.

If you don't want to deal with chasing down the loot then go in a party and actually fight them :)
(unfortunately with the flee code this doesn't always take care of that problem)

~niko

Ingmar

Post by Ingmar »

Its possible to hunt m, yes. But i dont think anyone should be able to take an other persons loot, especially when its an important item like a talon.That way problems and fights will just keep comming up

niko

Post by niko »

Well unless you're using a macro like "search corpse; t item" someone else can always loot your items.

But I guess the main issue here is that you don't get to choose when to search? That should be easy enough to fix by just having the corpses immediately drop to the bog when you kill with a DoT (they already immediately drop if you kill with direct damage).

Merlin

Post by Merlin »

If someone is waitin in bog he can search the wyverns and get the talons while he didnt kill the wyvern himself..in my opinion that aint right.
You are the one doing this, please stop, problem solved.
Elessar: karbeck is a sweety

Tirith
Title: The Raging Darge

Post by Tirith »

I agree with Merlin.. I have seen you in bog near my kills several times.. If you would stop the problem is solved.

Ingmar

Post by Ingmar »

Merlin, u know u are stealing my kills, and above that, u needed a pk for it too.. and as u can see, instead of me attackin u as a weak player (wich u are in this case) im tryin to solve it so nobody has this problem anymore.

So stop bitching and be happy, cause this should be a good option for u since i cant be doing it then huh.. oh, u mean U wont be able to do it anymore then? why didnt u just say so, then i can see why u are making this comment..

I could give a crap how u think bout me Merlin, but at least be honoust.

And tirith, u see me near ur kills.. thats cause things drop there, but u never ever saw me take something of a drop u killed. The area doenst belong to u guys.. although u might think so

Ingmar

Post by Ingmar »

Yes Niko, that would be a good idea too.. makin the corpses drop instead of only the loot so u can take/search..

Omni
Admin
Admin

Post by Omni »

Flying brooms that sweep the corpses off the air hexes, that's the answer! :)
Account and Billing issues: help@drakkarzone.com
E-mail: Omni.sysop@gmail.com
Twitter: @OmniSysop
http://www.facebook.com/omni.sysop
Send me Ideas, Suggestions, Bugs or Complaints!
Event Mailing list, send me an email with TELL ME OMNI in the subject!

Darge
Title: The Raging Storm

Post by Darge »

Very Fantasia, Omni. Would actually be pretty neat to see.
SIN
My father was a wolf, I'm a kinsman of the slain, Sworn to rise again
I will bring salvation, punishment and pain, The hammer of hate is our faith
Power and dominion are taken by the will, By divine right hail and kill

trav: you bad bad girl

Pancho

Post by Pancho »

Migam wrote: Maybe it's the call of the Earth pulling it's carcass back! A floating corpse is less realistic.
Gravity is a piece of imagination. Earth sucks.

Ingmar

Post by Ingmar »

But.. i'd like to know how brad thinks about this, he gonna change this? Alot of people agree (different solutions) that it needs some changes