More indicators / information ...

If you have an idea post it here
nunnbt473

More indicators / information ...

Post by nunnbt473 »

More indicators / information ... on the main game screen would be nice.

Ex. a number showing what alt your in (1 / 2) would be nice.

If you have IV on and are standing in a hex with darkness..etc. in case your party hunting and whatnot.

Might be nice to see the individual weight of items... noticed earlier a lvl 15 extremely young thief was carrying 21, 670 gp and got one bar of encumberence wear nothing but fp. I emptied everything and noticed a lot of err 'weight issues' when changing and testing various gear / gold amounts. Would be nice to know what everything weighed.

Was mentioned in another post, but would be nice to see the armor value of gear somehow as well. High level sense, armorer appraiser.. something. Anything that has been appraised could have a number floating over the icon on it, reappraise it to remove said number.
----------
Just say no to fate cards.

xaph

Re: More indicators / information ...

Post by xaph »

I don't mean this in a nasty way at all, far from it, but I don't see the point in adding these into game.
Ex. a number showing what alt your in (1 / 2) would be nice.
Surely it's easy enough to remember what alt you're in?! If not, the round speed should tell you.
If you have IV on and are standing in a hex with darkness..etc. in case your party hunting and whatnot.
That's the whole idea of communication! "Can you IV me please?" doesn't take much. Besides, I often find it easier to cast prots on myself and then the others. When mine start to ebb away, prot everyone again. Although I do remember someone suggesting a scroll message saying when a prot died. e.g. "INFRAVISION on Crit_Guild has depleted" That would be nice to see input.
Might be nice to see the individual weight of items
I can understand the desire to tell when something will encumber you but I don't understand the need to know weight? If you want to know if two items together will encumber you, surely you'd try it out and see. Finding out the weight, working out how much weight encumbers you and then working out whether the items would indeed encumber you seems like a long long way to go about something which in essence is really simple.
would be nice to see the armor value of gear somehow as well
This is something I can see the use of but drakkar is all about discovery! I've seen a lot of posts recently where people want to know every statistic possible, all the armour values, psi cuts etc etc etc. What happened to the "try them all out and see which works best". If an item seems to reduce damage intake more than another item, chances are it does. Or does this suggestion link to repairing items? If so, just do it regularly and save the worry.

Sorry to be so negative, I just don't see how these suggestions would enhance the drakkar experience.

~ Xaphania

nunnbt473

Post by nunnbt473 »

Not at all, I like the input actully.

The alt indicator would simply be to eliminate any confusion when twigging or TPing back and fourth as some people do tend to mix them up. Some easier than others *G*

Well its useful for partys, but extremely useful as a thief as well. If youre trying to use darkness to say .. I dont know, maintain your hide while looting ML... you want to know when to recast or twig the _insert favorite word here_ outta there. I dont like to leave guesswork into the lair creature factor personally. I am fond of the idea of being informed when a crit in your party has a discipline wear off.

Well, I noticed the other day there is a huge difference between some sets of gear. At times my thief can't carry 20k without being encumbered, other times he can carry 60k. This particularly as a thief can be a deadly result if not careful. I am sure it effects other classes as well to a lesser extent. Yes its not that hard to watch, but there are a lot of 'little things' you have to constantly be eyeballing. It would, IMHO, just make it easier to know how much leadway you have as to not check it every item you pickup 50 gold or an IH.

Part of it is me just wanting to know every stat without having to spend ungodly hours testing gear and systematically trying to create a formula so I know I am wearing the best gear I can. Yes I can be a bit obsessive or overboard at times I admit. It would be a nice way to see at a glance how bad gear is getting though without having to double click it. Often times I don't think to stop and check every piece of gear, but if I see my FP lose an armor value you point you can be sure my next stop is the repairer!
----------
Just say no to fate cards.

Omni
Admin
Admin

Post by Omni »

I don't believe you will ever see 'numbers' that truly reflect what is happening in the game. Drakkar has always been about figuring things out for yourself.
Account and Billing issues: help@drakkarzone.com
E-mail: Omni.sysop@gmail.com
Twitter: @OmniSysop
http://www.facebook.com/omni.sysop
Send me Ideas, Suggestions, Bugs or Complaints!
Event Mailing list, send me an email with TELL ME OMNI in the subject!