Exp/Skill Buffer!!

If you have an idea post it here
Tirith
Title: The Raging Darge

Exp/Skill Buffer!!

Post by Tirith »

Please please please please please brad... Give us exp/skill buffer... allow us to go a little bit past cap max skill and level... maybe 20% past cap skill level, and 500m or 1 bill exp over lvl 75.

When you do lairs like Foodguardian that drain your exp and skill.. You lose your 38 skill ability in the first few minutes of the fight.. lose level 75 which makes your lvl 75 gear no longer work.. such as AA ammies and we must downgrade to our lvl 20 merkon amulets..

Poldarn

Re: Exp/Skill Buffer!!

Post by Poldarn »

very good point can't believe this hasnt been brought up before.

Athena
Title: Goddess aka ROADKILL

Post by Athena »

Yep, that gets really annoying, I agree.
I am the Goddess of wisdom, the breath of life...
Protectress of Heroes brave and valorous.

Teh_Cheat

Post by Teh_Cheat »

A little more of a buffer would be a very good thing, and if that wasn't possible even something as simple as making 75 required items into 74 required items.

Good post.

Terrel

Post by Terrel »

I concur!

Migam

Post by Migam »

I see no reason why you cannot go to 99.99 of the highest skill you can attain giving a huge buffer. If the concern is getting the incremental benefits within a skill when you should only get what you deserve at 0.00, have the game treat everything skill related as 0.00 and ignore anything beyond it. As you lose skill to whatever, game keeps checking what you have anyway.

Ex: You can hit sk35 0.00 max until quest to go beyond... allow up to 99.99 with no added off/def such as when you hit say 20%, 80%, whatever the incremental % are for improvements. If you're at 99.99% then do quest to go beyond, who care if .01% is enough... you did rack up those % anyway and I think many would be more excited to have worked up their skill to the nth degree then find out a new ability added just past their threshold is so close when quest achieved.

Same with experience. Let it go at least halfway through the level or even just shy of the next level. Exp50 I believe allows you to go quite a bit past, doesn't it?

As far as exp75 items, honestly, it should be exp75 to initially wear it on that slot and end it there. Loss of exp75 for that item only should ignore level. Rerolls reset it (yes, even an exp75 might reroll; nothing is impossible). If you lose the item and need to get another, then you have to exp up again to wear an new one. I'd not do this with other exp level reqs though.

I haven't had an incentive to work any crits to beyond exp73 so forgive my naive ramblings. I just don't see an abuse in allowing use of those items when you cannot gain enough to ensure still using it after losses as described.
Starfire: There are two wolves fighting in each man's heart. One is Love, the other is Hate.
Ghost: Which one wins?
Starfire: The one you feed the most.
---Pathfinder

Mars
Admin
Admin

Post by Mars »

Easier solution

Stop dieing, and kill the NPC before they can drain <VEG>

niko

Post by niko »

I totally agree that we either need a buffer or make lvl 75 items into lvl 74 items. The current situation is beyond annoying -- and it's the little things like this that could easily be changed that can really irritate people and make them go sour on a game.

~niko

Darge
Title: The Raging Storm

Post by Darge »

There's a problem with the idea of a enormous skill buffer in that you'd be gaining skill from an area that typically wouldn't provide you skill if you weren't capped. IE. You are skill 35, and so you would use forge or similar to get a skill buffer, which don't normally provide skill past 35. But you do this before getting flagged for sk 36, thus partially bypassing BDC's risk and slower gains. The same could probably be applied to upcoming SDC skilling.

Another thing to consider is that, are drainers *intended* to make us temporarily lose our abilities or use of gear? From my perspective, the answer would seem to be yes, given that that is the only added challenge a drainer presents. Granted, they could be a hold over from long gone days where drainers meant more cash for Brad from time spent getting gains back, but that's not quite the case these days.

So I agree, but with reservations, 5% and 500m sounds fair to me. :lol:
SIN
My father was a wolf, I'm a kinsman of the slain, Sworn to rise again
I will bring salvation, punishment and pain, The hammer of hate is our faith
Power and dominion are taken by the will, By divine right hail and kill

trav: you bad bad girl

Tirith
Title: The Raging Darge

Post by Tirith »

I feel the same way... The point of a buffer is so that we dont have to deal with the annoying little loss of our hard earned gear/skill abilities.. not to put us 1% from gaining the next skill as soon as cap is lifted... If you are losing 98% skill from a lair... you are probably taking too long to kill it :P

Fairness seems 5-10% and 500-1b exp.. no more than that

Migam

Post by Migam »

Fine ! :P

Added: I didn't consider the possibilitiy that post-75 exp might only occur in SDH and might be more difficult... I stress might; not sure on Brad's intentions. So far, Mormar fills my exp needs easily. However, I concede to both viewpoints on skill I suppose, though gaining most of just 1 skill past limit with no skill perks within seemed harmless even if easier. But again, point taken. My reference to 99.99% wasn't a buffer against skill loss on one or several hunt; more like a number less than 100.00 .
Starfire: There are two wolves fighting in each man's heart. One is Love, the other is Hate.
Ghost: Which one wins?
Starfire: The one you feed the most.
---Pathfinder

Skip

Post by Skip »

10% and 250 megs would be a nice buffer, especially for the Drain at FoodGuardian.

~ Buzz__KAM ~