Sounds and music ..?

If you have an idea post it here
nunnbt473

Sounds and music ..?

Post by nunnbt473 »

Having the ability to turn music on / off is nice, but I would like to see it taken one step farther and be given a slider bar for volume of the game. Perhaps even the ability to disable certain things. Like if you liked all the audio taunts except that little girl scream.. etc. Hence I could hear a kill without excessively loud lightning or little girl screams..etc and listen to my music.
----------
Just say no to fate cards.

RayonMazter

Re: Sounds and music ..?

Post by RayonMazter »

I agree. I was thinking about this the other day....I like to hear splatz, but it's rather annoying when i'm listening to tunes when the splat is 'always' full volume.

A better method of playing the music (mp3..wav?) would be better too. The current syncor lags to all hell whenever the drak music switches, even on a fair system - not to mention that it doesn't appear to take advantage of soundcard acceleration.

FMOD and BASS engines might be something to look at, if willing to put a bit of effort (and a tiny amount of cash) into improving the sound/music systems...flexibility wouldn't hurt.

*looks at nunnbt* ...er, are we talking to a wall again?

nunnbt473

Re: Sounds and music ..?

Post by nunnbt473 »

Yeah, its as much therapeutic as anything though. It also prevents that ' ..but you never said'. BS, I did too *Copy/paste* Tada! I doub't it will appear anytime soon if ever, but it would be nice to dream. I would love to code it myself, but I doubt I will ever take the time to learn the script all this is written in heh. Besides, mars knows better than to trust me with, well anything :)
----------
Just say no to fate cards.