Pricing

If you have an idea post it here
Terrel

Pricing

Post by Terrel »

Couple of thoughts...

1. Suggestion...Dormant plan: player maintains bonus hps gained while on gold plan. Can log into lobby, but not game. Minimal fee...$1/month?

Nature of the beast to take time off from game and go explore other games, or, heaven forbid, RL. Bummer for folks who were on gold to come back missing the bonus hp's they'd "earned". Otoh, also keeps the Drakkar flame alive for players who are taking a break, and perhaps encourages them to come back.

2. Less of a suggestion, but could be construed as one... Drakkar is a fun game, but it can't compete with the big boys (EQ, WoW, etc etc etc); the membership #'s speak for themselves. I play drak cause I enjoy it, but also because I don't have to dedicate 4 hour chunks of time to get something accomplished, like you do with most MMORPG's. If I had all the time in the world, honestly, I'd be playing another game; that's not a knock on Drakkar.

Reality is that the new content in Drak comes out at a much slower pace than the big boys, and when it does come out, it's not as broad or deep. That's due to resources, $, and the age of the game design.

All that said, with gold plan and UGH (yes, i know..optional), the monthly fees for Drak are the same (or higher) as the big boys, despite the (relative) paucity of new content. I do believe that often fosters feelings of ill will towards the game. "After all, if I'm paying the same amount of money, I should expect the same level of service!" (Btw, the unpaid syops do a good job of responding to issues, generally...I'm limiting my definition of service to content addition for this argument.)

Perhaps a price reduction which would more accurately reflect the service levels would go a long way towards attracting and retaining new players, while encouraging existing and former players to continue. Counter-intuitively, US govt tax revenue increased under the Reagan and Bush tax cuts; perhaps the same would happen here with a price cut ;>

Pancho

Re: Pricing

Post by Pancho »

Terrel wrote:Couple of thoughts...

Bummer for folks who were on gold to come back missing the bonus hp's they'd "earned".
>
You mean if I take a break for some time, I loose the "bonus" HP?

Hello Drakkar...can you confirm this?

-Pancho

Mars
Admin
Admin

Post by Mars »

If you unsubscribe, yes

Monthly bonus HP are based on "CONTINUOUS" gold membership as stated in the Gold mebership details. So if you are not subscribed, you have no continuous membership

Atom
Title: Member Stylish Club

Post by Atom »

this applies to pricing and why people get UGH now and spend 17.50 a month

quirk rollout process...
"After a two or three week test period, quirks will be made available to
gold and silver plan customers, with gold customers gaining some monthly
quirk bonus."
what actually happened...?

Pancho

Post by Pancho »

Mars wrote:If you unsubscribe, yes

Monthly bonus HP are based on "CONTINUOUS" gold membership as stated in the Gold mebership details. So if you are not subscribed, you have no continuous membership
What about NL subscription? If you paid once, and then sometime later unsubscribe for a short time and subscribe again, do you have to pay again?

_Pancho

Mars
Admin
Admin

Post by Mars »

no, NL will stay

Martialarts

Post by Martialarts »

See i was once a gold player for many years.. Then i had to leave because of no job no coin.. i came back to gold.. once i was able to but lost all my hps and stuff because i had to leave. Its a shame but here we are again. 8)