Please make Killers unsellable

If you have an idea post it here
Poldarn

Please make Killers unsellable

Post by Poldarn »

They are worth nothing, relatively. There is no reason a level 55+ would want to sell one, please make them unsellable, or require a confirmation of some sort. Or at least, enable Sysops to replace sold killers, within a certain timeframe of their sale.

Somehow, im told, i sold my killer mace today, on my FM. im sure im not the first one, and im also sure i won't be the last. A weapon with so much work put into it, would NEVER be intentionally sold, for the pittance the merchant offers.

Please, do something about this. Offer a buyback window, or something of the such please.

Just appriased my Killer SS - it's worth 50 coins. no-one would make that sale.

Banach/Scorch, just made a great suggestion... make it worth 10million coins. then no-one COULD sell, but they could still be broken. via the #break command, if they were no longer wanted.

Zulnoth/Zulnawth
Last edited by Poldarn on Sun May 18, 2008 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Terrel

Re: Please make Killers unsellable

Post by Terrel »

Agreed that there needs to be some sort of fix... unsellable or buyback sound reasonable.

Brenem

Post by Brenem »

I felt the same way when I accidently sold my +9 chipper staff.
I enchanted it myself so it cost me alot to do.
I also have a killer weapon and agree that it should not be so easy to sell those type items.
I propose Brad makes it harder to sell gear in belt and pouch.

Ambrose
Title: Always Right

Post by Ambrose »

Years ago, I spent a lot of time in forums complaining on another subject and I was told MANY times by players that we do not need a "coded" solution.

Accidental sellings have been a part of Drakkar for a long time. (I know I would like my dread LS back.) The "level" of the gear is immaterial since a BNR can be a cherished possession.

My FEELING is this: Players are responsible for their actions ... "do-overs" are not a part of this game. We do not need a coded change ... just for people to be careful.

I could get behind a coding change if it included ALL tied gear (just imagine the effect of that). Maybe add a "Pawn Shop" NPC for sale of tied gear.

thanks,
Ambrose

Poldarn

Post by Poldarn »

How about a NPC that can flag an item as unsellable. If that would be possible, that's the easiest solution i can see here.

Edit : How about an NPC, that when presented with a Cheque, and an item, could CHANGE the value of the item from xx to the value of the cheque? For example, a 25million coin killer. Couldnt accidentally sell that. Or a 25million coin +9 Chipuda Staff for example?
Last edited by Poldarn on Sun May 18, 2008 10:11 am, edited 2 times in total.

Quaternion

Post by Quaternion »

I agree, perhaps the value of high end items can be put above the sack limit making them impossible to sell. At the moment selling an item such as a fully maxed killer is just too easy a mistake to make. Loosing such an item for one miss click is a disproportionate punishment.

Quat

Ambrose
Title: Always Right

Post by Ambrose »

Poldarn wrote:How about a NPC that can flag an item as unsellable. If that would be possible, that's the easiest solution i can see here.
I like that idea ...

though, in a catch 22 scenario, the flagging might make it impossible to make improvements in those cherished killer weapons

Poldarn

Post by Poldarn »

asked omni about my revised idea - trading a cheque to change the value of the killer to something higher than you can sell, he said changing the value most likely wouldnt change it's ability to be upgraded.

Darge
Title: The Raging Storm

Post by Darge »

Be aware, any change to the game that allows you to increase the value of an item in order to prevent it from being sold is inherently flawed; armor damaging effects reduce an item's value and repairing does not fix this.

Not that that is necessarily a bad thing, as it presents a recurring cost.

It also may be more widely inclusive to go back through and change the value of quest items and certain randoms to 0, and then have vendors not want to buy such 'junk'.
SIN
My father was a wolf, I'm a kinsman of the slain, Sworn to rise again
I will bring salvation, punishment and pain, The hammer of hate is our faith
Power and dominion are taken by the will, By divine right hail and kill

trav: you bad bad girl

Atom
Title: Member Stylish Club

Post by Atom »

I agree, I think you should be able to somehow flag an item to not be sold, as well as transmuted. The idea about making it worthless is good, I would also like to see it apply to transmute, maybe make transmute not pop worthless items.

Omni
Admin
Admin

Post by Omni »

A solution is now being tested. (Thanks Brad)
Account and Billing issues: help@drakkarzone.com
E-mail: Omni.sysop@gmail.com
Twitter: @OmniSysop
http://www.facebook.com/omni.sysop
Send me Ideas, Suggestions, Bugs or Complaints!
Event Mailing list, send me an email with TELL ME OMNI in the subject!

Migam

Post by Migam »

Atom wrote: maybe make transmute not pop worthless items.
Like gold
Starfire: There are two wolves fighting in each man's heart. One is Love, the other is Hate.
Ghost: Which one wins?
Starfire: The one you feed the most.
---Pathfinder