Temp Flux

If you have an idea post it here
Darge
Title: The Raging Storm

Temp Flux

Post by Darge »

There has long been the suggestion that temporal flux items such as NL cons and tiers no longer be in Temporal Flux. It's an old topic, and has been beaten to death, but rather than making these two item types not allowed outside of NL, or keeping them in Temp Flux, how about applying the Minotaur Blood code to them that triggers the "This item does not work in this scenario", so that they only work in NL.

Alternatively, apply the Hermit scroll methodology to tiers.
SIN
My father was a wolf, I'm a kinsman of the slain, Sworn to rise again
I will bring salvation, punishment and pain, The hammer of hate is our faith
Power and dominion are taken by the will, By divine right hail and kill

trav: you bad bad girl

Volcom

Re: Temp Flux

Post by Volcom »

How about making em not poof if you node.. that can be a highly annoying

Migam

Post by Migam »

During the conference, a question arose about temporal flux. The reply:

brad: i am still trying to come up with a solution on the nodes. But in general its a way of making the items tricky to deal with. (They werent supposed to go into lockers originally)

There is tricky and there is annoying. Most times there is a game interruption limited to less than the whole lobby, any other source except the game server or FE are blamed. If the FE crashes, it MUST be your OS. If the FE shuts down and you go straight to lobby, it MUST be your laggy connection.

Uh, no. The FE still crashes when you are try to scroll down the right ground window randomly. If I don't reboot my router right after I turn on my comp, I get massive lag ONLY in Drak. I mean lag as in do 4 or 5 actions, then watch game stall for 3 seconds, rinse and repeat (new comp, new router, new modem, same old problem).

Let's face reality for a minute. The Internet is imperfect, so are many ISPs. There are FE issues as well. Some players have crappy computers, gear, etc. In no way should the player, most of them paying, be penalized for circumstances beyond their control.

I shouldn't have to pick up a tier, whether to sense it, go running to locker it, or give it away to another player like I'm making nitroglycerin and need to sneeze. Some might argue tiers are plentiful, easily found, mention at least 2 lairs that eventually drop the one you want. Then there are GDH2 tiers. The same goes with NL majors, disconnect while dead = rot, noding out in a party after a lair is killed resulting in not being able to tan it, these aren't adding any excitement to the game. We have eats and skill-stealing crits for that. And tiers weren't intended to be lockered at first? Why was that even considered?

Some feel too many changes were removed that wussified the game (gearloss hexes for ex:) but you have a choice... do that lair or not. We have no control over nodes, FE deficiencies, etc. You want tricks? Make it so the temporal flux item that you node with can't be used for x period of time. Or as suggested, make it useless unless used where intended. This is not a pencil and paper RPG where you make a note and meet back again tomorrow. Until there is a guarantee of perfect FE, perfect server, perfect Internet, let's at least see this doesn't work for online RPG.

*throws a 16-sided dice*
Starfire: There are two wolves fighting in each man's heart. One is Love, the other is Hate.
Ghost: Which one wins?
Starfire: The one you feed the most.
---Pathfinder

Volcom

Post by Volcom »

for people like me who tend to node out of the FE alot, for whatever reasons it does that... when u just wanted to locker a nl con quick and u node and lose it... its frustrating and to be frank i dont see the purpose.. i do understand tiers not being able to go to nork, however poof when i node is just annoying...

Darge
Title: The Raging Storm

Post by Darge »

6 years. That's roughly how long people have been complaining about Temporal Flux being one of the most inane gameplay features to have ever existed in Drakkar.

Keep it up, go for a decade.
SIN
My father was a wolf, I'm a kinsman of the slain, Sworn to rise again
I will bring salvation, punishment and pain, The hammer of hate is our faith
Power and dominion are taken by the will, By divine right hail and kill

trav: you bad bad girl

GenRalph

Post by GenRalph »

I like the idea of applying the "..does not work in this scenario" code. It would require you to buy the NL expansion in order to be able to use/learn.

Another possible solution would be to apply the Cobrahan item logic and set them where you couldnt leave NL with one in your crits possesion.
Don't blame the darkness, its only following its nature... instead ask why your light isn't brighter

Glorifel
Connan
Silhouette
Perseus